Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear General (/Forum-Metal-Gear-General)
+--- Thread: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer (/Thread-Metal-Gear-Schurvive-Shingle-Playa-trailer)

Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 12-15-2017 10:38 AM

Yuji Korekado did not defect from the homeland.

Game is a spin-off. Non-Canon!

Hope you like melee!

Enter the Foggy world of Silent Hill whenever you have your oxygen tank.

Helllllooooo nurse!

Open Beta in January.

More info:
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=31140

Well at least Konami made your home base more interesting and customizable than Kojima did... then again, look forward to Mother Base Coins returning.Fiddle

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - DarthCaligula - 12-15-2017 03:03 PM

Yeah, that's right, base building time. So get out there and grab every can, fork, and shopping cart out there to get your metal, find broken toilets for porcelain, tear down fences and trees for wood, grab lots of toys for plastic and metal, along with all the other stuff you need to get for those supplies. Need to build a fence? Well, there's the wooden one which will fall apart in five seconds and requires 50 wood, but if you spend 50 metal you can build a chain link fence which will last ten seconds! Walker Gears will require 100000000 units of metal, along with the paint, fuel, plastics, electronics, and various stuff, so you better get busy collecting. But hey! Go ahead and recruit guys! Build areas for them, then assign them to places, micromanaging everything. But don't get too careless, because when they're out gathering supplies you'll keep hearing "HELP ME BAWSS!" and have to get your ass out there to save them since they're all too stupid to be able to run away.
Does it take too much time? Don't worry, we've got you covered. Spend $10 to get 100 wood supplies, $20 to get 100 metal supplies, and more! Buy an A rank staff member for $15, and an S rank for only $25! Buy all the best gear for them too, so then they can protect themselves, and if you've got some massive expandable income, you can go online and make all those poor bastards suffer by steamrolling them.

Preorder today with GameStop and get the dildo launcher!

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - THEND - 12-15-2017 04:09 PM

BUY THIS OR NO MGS6

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - Canucklehead - 12-15-2017 07:16 PM

Looks better than Rising.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-10-2018 03:33 PM

Low Moar

ESRB rating details
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=31208

Always Online confirmed again. XboneX enhancements.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=31225

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-13-2018 09:35 AM

More details of the single player mode:
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=31233

"Following Big Boss’ escape at the end of METAL GEAR SOLID: GROUND ZEROES, a solider on the collapsing Mother Base is nearly pulled into a wormhole that opens over the base. The soldier loses consciousness and awakes six months later in a facility belonging to Wardenclyffe Section, a secret research organization within the United States government. Players take the role of this soldier with a goal of rescuing those pulled into the wormhole half a year ago and to find a cure for a mysterious infection. “You don’t get to sit this one out. You’re already infected with that lifeform I was telling you about,” a man named Goodluck in Wardenclyffe Section instructs. "

-Two modes of play – single player and co-op. Character experience, skills and items obtained are shared between the two modes.
-Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to crafting weapons and gear, and serves as a command center for planning missions in both single player and co-op modes.
-Gather resources, blueprints and raw materials for use in crafting. These can be gathered in single player mode by exploring the environment or won in successful co-op missions.
-Develop Base Camp with new facilities to aid survival, including crop growing, animal rearing, and food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
-Manage resources, including essentials such as food and water, as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
-Complete daily, weekly and special event Orders for rewarding materials and blueprints to be used in single player and co-op.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - DarthCaligula - 01-13-2018 02:09 PM

Did that trailer show one of those AI pods from Peace Walker flying in? I guess now we know where they went! Seriously though, I never did get what was up with them flying off. Where were they going? Was Zero collecting them?

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-14-2018 10:18 AM

I guess that if shit happened, then you'd naturally want to recover the very expensive and long-in-development AI pod, so they get their own little ejection seat.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - DarthCaligula - 01-14-2018 08:13 PM

So I guess it's something that Coldman intentionally had installed so they wouldn't lose the AI pod. It's just so weird that I wish a character had actually brought it up, because I was expecting that it was leading up to something with Zero and Paz, but it never came to anything.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-14-2018 11:50 PM

Essentially Kojima just wanted to pay homage to 2001 with HAL, and the Pod interior.

Also a big round visible thing for you to shoot at as a weak point on your PSP.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - Higharolla Kockamamie - 01-15-2018 06:48 PM

Looks stupid as hell, I mean wormholes? What the fuck are you doing Konami?

I do like that it's "non-canon" but in which case why not just make a real Metal Gear game? Something in the vein of Ghost Babel where it's an alternate timeline but still a Metal Gear game, why this crap?

I also hate crafting, it's one of the worst mechanics in games in recent years, I especially hated it in Fallout 4, why is crafting supposed to be fun?

I'm probably just going to ignore this completely.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - DarthCaligula - 01-15-2018 08:36 PM

(01-14-2018 11:50 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Essentially Kojima just wanted to pay homage to 2001 with HAL, and the Pod interior.

Also a big round visible thing for you to shoot at as a weak point on your PSP.

I'm not talking about shooting the AI pods, that was fine, even though it makes no sense for them to be exposed on the outside instead of being protected on the inside, but I can forgive that for gameplay reasons. What I mean is that they fly off, and no one mentions this in the game. I mean, why not have them just blow up? You'd think that programming the pods exploding would even be easier than the animation of them flying off. It just seems like it was supposed to be leading to something, but it never does, and I think it's a fair question to ask where they're going. What I'm saying is that there might be a pre-programmed area they go to so they can be recovered by Zero or Coldman, but this is never brought up at all.

(01-15-2018 06:48 PM)Higharolla Kockamamie Wrote:  I also hate crafting, it's one of the worst mechanics in games in recent years, I especially hated it in Fallout 4, why is crafting supposed to be fun?

I'm probably just going to ignore this completely.

I generally hate it too, like I wrote in my post above, and it's one of the many reasons why Fallout 4 is a disappointment and just plain not a good game in general. Now, despite the fact that I don't care much for crafting in most games, I tried out the demo for Dragon Quest Builders recently and I was surprised by how much fun I had with it. Maybe because it's not that hard to get the materials you need? I also like that it manages to have a fun classic RPG feel to it, and I do like Toriyama's art style as well. I actually enjoyed the demo so much that I'm planning to get it for my Switch. Hopefully it won't turn out to be a disappointment.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-15-2018 10:48 PM

Oh yeah, I remember now, you need to get in and get out before the pods take off...

Yeah... I just chalked this up to a kind of recovery program that would preserve the AI and take it back to the lab or some safe zone.

Presumably if the entire gear was captured or brought down, then the military would want to recover the most essential part.

With regards to crafting, I feel it makes sense if the game allows you to be creative and do some crazy customizable stuff.

But in reality these days, it's really for padding out a game's content, and being a potential delivery mechanism for microtransactions.

But if utilized well, would ideally be a kind of psychological reward system that indicates a player building progress. It makes the most sense in a survival game.

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - DarthCaligula - 01-15-2018 11:38 PM

Yeah, I have enjoyed building things in games, like that Dragon's Quest demo I mentioned, it's just that a lot of the time it just seems to turn into this tedious thing where you have to go collect a million things that take way too much time. FarCry Primal required you to go collect stuff to upgrade your caveman village, weapons, and other stuff, but I felt that it was just enough to feel like you're being rewarded and that you're not just wasting your time for nothing.

But as far as Survive goes, I have a strong feeling it's going to be the tedious collection with "Hey man, want to avoid all that time you spend collecting? Just pay a little bit and we'll give you more!"

RE: Metal Gear Schurvive Shingle Playa trailer - jdnation - 01-16-2018 03:13 PM

I guess if the material-collecting is practically invisible (like tied to loot drops from enemies you're taking out anyway), and the gameplay is fun, then it's not so much a burden.

When when the gameplay itself is a slog, and bad design forces you to farm and grind, then the crafting system sucks by default because it's tied to other poor systems.

Ideally if you're having fun, and spend time screwing around of your own volition, and the loot is just added automatically rather than you having to pick shit up all the time, and progression is tied more to your skill rather than having some specific weapons/items to move ahead, then crafting is a nice accessory.

That's outside of the 'survival' game where picking shit up makes sense, though it too can turn into a slog and tedium, so ideally a survival game has rarity of items to scavenge, but the crafting system should not require as much resources and loot should be ideally generous enough to find the right balance. The idea being that we only need to craft simpler weapons like a board and a nail and stronger reinforced knives and better bows and arrows... not some complicated precision guided bolt action .338 TP sniper rifle.

Though Survive may have other ideas as to what constitutes meagre survival weapons, but ideally is a survival game will limit resources, then gameplay should be balanced enough to get by with simpler crafting as well that requires limited resources.