Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: The Site (/Forum-The-Site)
+--- Forum: Updates and Announcements (/Forum-Updates-and-Announcements)
+--- Thread: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To (/Thread-You-Can-Be-Excited-for-Metal-Gear-Survive-If-You-Want-To)

You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - Nike Schneider - 07-31-2017 05:13 AM

You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To (You Can Leave Your Friends Behind).

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - SexyKaz - 07-31-2017 08:11 AM

I always thought this might be a decent multiplayer experience. MGSV has a really fun base gameplay that compliments both stealth and action gameplay. Though thinking of Metal Gear and online features makes me remember all those times when that combination didn't work.

I don't say Survive will ever be anything revolutionary (which is something every other Metal Gear game was in some small way) but rather a brainless (haha!) coop action that I wished was included in TPP.

I don't get the absolute hate Survive gets. I understand people don't buy it because Konami is an_fAGgit and that it's basically just L4Dead in MGSV's engine but that it isn't a Metal Gear? Rising turned out to be an ok(?) game with a retard story and people have no problem including it in the canon?

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - jdnation - 07-31-2017 01:33 PM

Enjoy your MB Coin Microtransaction hell ladies!

People are gonna be raiding your base while you at work or asleep and there's nothing you can do!

But Konami will fix that with Zombie Mother Base Insurance!

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - DarthCaligula - 07-31-2017 04:06 PM

I'm still with the opinion that I don't want to support any more non-Kojima Metal Gear, but I'm not boycotting Konami outright. For example, what if there was some awesome new Castlevania or something that came out that was totally revolutionary while also staying true to its roots and all that? I wouldn't see any reason to refuse to buy it. Survive really looks like it's just totally intellectually bankrupt though. It's like "Uh.... We need to make a new Metal Gear fast, to show everyone we can do it. What should we do? I know! Zombies! There you go!"

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - Canucklehead - 07-31-2017 05:14 PM

Metal Gear's been intellectually bankrupt for nearly two decades and four main entries now, so what difference does it make?

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - SexyKaz - 08-01-2017 03:50 AM

If anything I hope they'd be smart enough not to include the fucking base development thing. Building bases you never visit for characters you don't give a fuck about.

I'd rather use MB coins for a fucking digital hat.

FOB multiplayer might not be bad but I played it once and couldn't be less interested. So I built one strut FOB so I could send one more deployment team at a time.

On an unrelated note, if I ever hear a character in a video game say "that's outside of the mission area" I'm going to haidara their testicles and stomp 'em.

RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To - Canucklehead - 08-01-2017 07:07 AM

They ought' just do the realistic thing and instead of warn the player that they're outside the AOR, you just get hit by your own artillery when you cross the line. That'd be funnier, especially if it counted as a suicide and you lost points or whatever.