Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Chico became Gray Fox - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain)
+--- Thread: Chico became Gray Fox (/Thread-Chico-became-Gray-Fox)

Pages: 1 2 3

Chico became Gray Fox - jdnation - 11-12-2016 08:39 PM

Nah, just kidding, but it seems he was conceived to become MGSV's Ninja.

Unused concept from artbook releasing next week.

[Image: Metal_Gear_Solid_V_Chico_Art.jpg]

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=28552

Maybe Konami will use it in Survive.

DEATH STRANDING!
[Image: Cw-PPG8UcAEkMfg.jpg:large]

Live Stranding...
[Image: Cw-jBt4UsAIDRpS.jpg:large]

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - THEND - 11-12-2016 08:57 PM

They must have considered a lot of things.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - DarthCaligula - 11-12-2016 09:27 PM

I absolutely thought that Chico would come back, with cybernetic enhancements or something, to get revenge on Big Boss, who he would blame for everything that happened because of all the horrible traumatic events he went through in Ground Zeroes. I was really disappointed when they said he was dead, and that was the end of it.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-12-2016 09:28 PM

I hate Loljima more every time I see a new photo of him.

As for Chico, they should have stuffed half a brick of C4 up his prick right along with Paz's clam.

Fuck Chico.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - DarthCaligula - 11-12-2016 09:34 PM

Thinking on it more, it seems extremely likely that he would have shown up to kill Venom Snake, you would have a boss battle with him, then you would choose to either kill him, or take him to Mother Base. So just like Quiet, eventually he would come around to deciding to help, and you could take him on missions, giving you pretty much a Gray Fox/Cyborg Ninja type buddy.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-13-2016 07:11 AM

You serious?

"You! You did this to me! After I ran off by myself and got myself captured without your knowledge whatsoever, and then yoy risked your life to come find and rescue me, and then risked your life even further to search for, locate amd rescue Paz, only to discover that Mother Base was under attack because you had to leave to come find me, and it turned out to all be a set-up with myself as the bait that resulted in Paz being killed...I have only myself to blame for any of this, and it was ALL YOUR FAULT!!!"

Stop trying to make drama out of nothing. 90% of this entire series wouldn't even have happened if the characters in it weren't fucking retarded.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - DarthCaligula - 11-13-2016 09:57 AM

Are you of all people claiming that The Phantom Pain's story is all about logic?
What I'm saying is that after all the horrible torture Chico went through that his messed up mind might blame Big Boss for not being the perfect hero that saved everyone, and now wants revenge, thinking that killing Big Boss will somehow end the hell that he's been living through for the nine years between the games.

Whatever the case, something I love about this is that this is clearly showing that in some way Chico was also going to become some horrible "demon", just like everyone else in the game. It would have been one more happy memory of Peace Walker ruined, which was a major part of The Phantom Pain. Of course, with how it all went, Chico is still ruined. I played Ground Zeroes before Peace Walker, so for me, seeing Chico all happy and talking about UMAs has this disturbing comedy to it, knowing what a mess he'd become very soon.

Another thing, with Chico returning as a traumatized cyborg ninja, this would have been calling attention to a major problem in how fans perceive the characters in these games. Everyone thinks about how Gray Fox was the Cyborg Ninja in MGS1, and how awesome he was, killing tons of guys, turning invisible, running and jumping all over the place with super strength, but what his actual story in that game is about is a man who's been completely ruined. He no longer has anything to live for but to kill, and to seek death. He wants to kill Snake, likely because the last memories he had as an actual man was a fist fight to the death with Snake. While his story is actually pretty sad, especially if you factor in his story in MG2 with what happened to Natasha, everyone just focuses on how badass he is.
This would have forced everyone to really look at what this kind of character is. Chico was a child soldier, but he volunteered to do this, even being able to fight alongside his father and sister, heroes to the Sandanistas. If you really think about it, what Chico's going through in Peace Walker isn't good for him, but at the same time, he's not being threatened with death or forced into a drugged up state where he's distanced from all the killing he's doing.
So then he's tortured in the next game, and nine years after that, he'd come back as a death obsessed cyborg ninja with no joy left and like Venom Snake, with a butchered body. I think that this would have called attention to just what really happened to Gray Fox, and maybe (ha ha ha!) fans would have thought some more about Fox and how it's actually not right to think about how "cool" the Cyborg Ninja in MGS1 was.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-13-2016 10:44 AM

Chico's a loser.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - THEND - 11-13-2016 05:03 PM

Amnesia at least seems likely. You have the option to kill him.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-13-2016 06:17 PM

Chico can lick me where I shit. The only value he's ever had to the series was setting me a new record for longest range headshot.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - jdnation - 11-13-2016 06:43 PM

It's more probable that Chico could be a 'phantom' haunting Big Boss/Venom's mind.

Or incidents with him might've been like the Man-on-Fire.

Or he, like Quiet, could've gone rogue.

This could've gone any number of ways, though considering the sleight of hand and given that Miller/Big Boss/Venom-Medic survived, it wouldn't have been far off to presume Chico survived too.

Could've been a cool buddy.

The red outfit and the machete could've made him MGSV's Pyramid Head. Always chasing us down for letting Paz die. Then at the end there are two Chicos and we end up fighting Paz's body strapped to her floating bed surrounded by deadly butterflies on the top floor Helicopter pad of the Medical Strut followed by a nice long briefing cassette of her saying goodbye as we leave Diamond Dogs forever with little Eli.

Or we just drive our Jeep into the Ocean...

Or UFOs and Colonel Campbell teleports down like Quiet and reveals that it was DD all along pulling the levers masterminding the Metal Gear Saga and end-credits music where Kojima sings the karaoke version of Sins of the Father with leaked footage of Konami board members cancelling Silent Hills.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - THEND - 11-13-2016 08:46 PM

Some people have commented that he may be xof skulls runaway.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-14-2016 04:47 AM

Maybe Chico was just on his way to Grandma's house when lil' puppy D-Dog started harassing him. Explains why he's lost an eye.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - THEND - 11-15-2016 11:50 AM

I get it.

RE: Chico became Gray Fox - Canucklehead - 11-15-2016 05:11 PM

Hey, I'm not fucking finished yet!

Chico is a cunt! The best part of that little shit went running down his mother's leg! That little pudge-fuck loaf of shit's a load she should have swallowed!