Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear General (/Forum-Metal-Gear-General)
+--- Thread: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] (/Thread-Metal-Gear-Survive-OT-Quantum-OPS-PS4-XB1-PC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - hellrasinbrasin - 08-17-2016 01:51 AM

Konami announces Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC) - NeoGAF

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - DarthCaligula - 08-17-2016 02:02 AM

Milk, milk, milk those udders baby! So what the hell is going on? The last MSF guy on Mother Base gets abducted by aliens? Though in all truth, does this really look any more crazy than something Kojima would come up with?

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - hellrasinbrasin - 08-17-2016 03:14 AM

A Gameplay DEMO at GDC might be nice to let everyone get an idea of the gameplay mechanics. As the trailer isn't bringing anyone to the table for the moment. That and questions that must be asked about the game :

Who are the Characters?
How Many Locations will their be in the Dead World
What are the difference in gameplay : Singleplayer versus Co-OP
What is the Base-Management like in contrast to that of Peace Walker and The Phantom Pain
Can we use Zombies as Sentries
Can players Command an Army of The Undead

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Tempunaut - 08-17-2016 01:28 PM

We were in desperate need for a game that would shed light on why the surviving MSF soldiers in the Phantom Pain are all crazy.

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Canucklehead - 08-17-2016 01:54 PM

They should have just stuck to Pachinko. Use all of MGS4's cutscenes for the next one and people will be gambling for 15 hours. It's win-win!

At the very least, this steaming pile of crap still looks better than Rising.

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Code_R - 08-17-2016 02:50 PM

[Image: HeCHBeA.gif]

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - xX$0L1DBAK3Xx - 08-17-2016 03:57 PM

I logged back In just to say that I laughed

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - THEND - 08-17-2016 05:22 PM

I like zombie games
edit

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Canucklehead - 08-17-2016 06:11 PM

HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED THE TRAILER!? THEY'RE NOT ZOMBIES!!! THEY'RE CRYSTAL CREATURES!!!

Ahem, sorry, it's all that The Last of Us fanboy nonsense rubbing off on me. I've nearly been killed for referring to that atrocity's Super Mario themed Mushroom Monsters as "Zombies" before.

:D

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - DarthCaligula - 08-17-2016 06:30 PM

I'm going to enjoy watching this mess as they reveal it more. No way I'm going to buy it though. I also really wonder, if the game starts with Big Boss and Miller escaping, are they going to be able to use the voices of Sutherland, Otsuka, Downes, and Sugita? Do they own the rights to the audio clips, or will they have to pay? Do any of the actors have the right to refuse if they happen to be more on the side of Kojima? Maybe David Hayter will jump at the chance to voice Big Boss there.

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - THEND - 08-17-2016 08:31 PM

(08-17-2016 06:11 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED THE TRAILER!? THEY'RE NOT ZOMBIES!!! THEY'RE CRYSTAL CREATURES!!!

Ahem, sorry, it's all that The Last of Us fanboy nonsense rubbing off on me. I've nearly been killed for referring to that atrocity's Super Mario themed Mushroom Monsters as "Zombies" before.

Big Grin

Lost Reaper

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - jdnation - 08-18-2016 11:34 AM

[Image: tumblr_inline_oc20wmjGsM1txzj31_500.gif]

Surprised they didn't go with Keifer Sutherland saying "She schurvived..."

And Kojima would've had the Gloria Gaynor's 1978 hit song 'I Will Survive' playing if he had cut this trailer.

This just goes to show that Konami was too cheap to pay Keifer royalties or license music to make a memorable trailer.

Fitting for what looks like an asset-reused should've-come-with-the-game mode that will require alternate-universe MotherBase Coin Currency.

Happy 30th-Effin-Anniversary, didjurikeit?!

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Victor Katilis - 08-19-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:I'm going to enjoy watching this mess as they reveal it more. No way I'm going to buy it though.
It's beautiful, isn't it. To watch how this franchise disintegrates, slowly, inch by inch - accompanied by the lamentations of the same dumbfuck fanbase that helped ruin the series with their demands for sequels and prequels.

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Canucklehead - 08-19-2016 01:37 PM

(08-19-2016 01:28 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  It's beautiful, isn't it. To watch how this franchise disintegrates, slowly, inch by inch...

I've been watching it since 2001, and no, it hasn't been beautiful.

RE: Metal Gear Survive |OT| Quantum OPS [PS4/XB1/PC] - Victor Katilis - 08-19-2016 05:08 PM

Yo bitch ass asking to be slapped if yo don't stop quoting my ass outta context