Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes)
+--- Thread: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers (/Thread-Ground-Zeroes-free-for-PS-subscribers)

Pages: 1 2

Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - jdnation - 05-27-2015 08:23 AM

Now even cheaper, presuming you subscribe to PS+ anyway...

Note: This seems to only be for the PS4 version, not PS3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/27/ps-plus-free-games-for-june-2015/

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Canucklehead - 05-27-2015 11:07 AM

You mean for the low price of a yearly subscription, you can get A FUCKING DEMO for free! Sign me the fuck up!

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - xX$0L1DBAK3Xx - 05-27-2015 02:23 PM

lol. fuck no, it still has to be zero dollars for me to buy.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Daggamuffin - 05-27-2015 08:54 PM

(05-27-2015 11:07 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  You mean for the low price of a yearly subscription, you can get A FUCKING DEMO for free! Sign me the fuck up!
FTFY

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Canucklehead - 05-28-2015 03:29 AM

; )

I knew you had my back!

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Ex-President - 05-28-2015 10:01 AM

Make sure you've tied the rope properly, guys.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Tanooki - 05-30-2015 05:09 AM

If you lose or cancel your ps+ subscription you can't play any game you got with it...so I don't see the point unless you like paying $50 a year to keep your games. What a fucking joke.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - jdnation - 05-30-2015 11:23 AM

PS+ ain't a bad deal. But yeah, no ownership.

Don't worry though, Ground Zeroes will be included in the next super-duper-MGS collection bundle once Konami figures out how to fit it all on a smartphone.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - PoisonSnake - 05-30-2015 05:05 PM

I want MGS1 2 and 3 with modern controls! Sick of aiming with the square button...

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Canucklehead - 05-30-2015 05:54 PM

Yeah, cause MGS1 is just a straight-up shooter! All about the shooting, that game! More shooting than Call of Duty!

Fag.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Daggamuffin - 05-31-2015 08:10 AM

Yeah, no thanks. Don't George Lucas MGS and ruin the original trilogy (we've replaced Richard Doyle with Kiefer Sutherland!) The way I look at it, those three follow the same gameplay style for the most part. The "modern" trilogy, GotP, PW, TPP all use the shooter controls. I hear the next trilogy will be a car combat series though.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Canucklehead - 05-31-2015 11:21 AM

[Image: MGR.jpg]

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - PoisonSnake - 05-31-2015 11:39 AM

The shooter vs non-shooter discussion to me is moot. If these games were really designed to have no shooting components then the player would not have a silent pistol to shoot magical darts to the heads of enemies that put them to sleep.
Try doing that and see how it works to shoot a tranq dart at someone's head. The person going to sleep will be the least of your worries.
So yes, please shootify these games controls, or at least gimme the option to choose the shooter controls. And all traditionalists can still enjoy them as as they like them.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Daggamuffin - 05-31-2015 01:05 PM

Snake Eater 3D has the shooter controls and it ruins the game since you can aim and move. The games were designed with a specific gameplay style, changing that gameplay fundamentally breaks the game's design. The Twin Snakes proved this by adding FPV which made the game ridiculously easy, no matter what difficulty it was played on. Not to mention, in order to add shooter controls to MGS1&2, you'd need the 3D camera, which again, causes problems with the design of those games. In order for it to work, you'd need to remake them from the ground up and change almost everything about the map design, AI, and patrol patterns.

RE: Ground Zeroes free for PS+ subscribers - Canucklehead - 05-31-2015 03:00 PM

Metal Gear has combat and shooting, but they aren't the primary mechanic...or they weren't until MGS4 rolled around anyway.

Splinter Cell had shooting mechanics, but they were kntentionally sluggish and meant to be a last resort in combat, and more of a tool for interacting with the environment than for killing.

GTA has the option of paying Cab fare; nobody argues that that's a major mechanic in the game.

Fuck!