Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes)
+--- Thread: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release (/Thread-Revisiting-Ground-Zeroes-Pre-TPP-Release)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - PoisonSnake - 05-13-2015 05:36 AM

As we still have like maybe three months plus of waiting till the release of The Phantom Pain, some people are seriously revisiting the, uhm, "arcade prologue" that is Ground Zeroes, and coming up with even more curious stuff that borders the... extraneous, to say the least.

For example here is a video of in game excelling markmanship in which the user has Snake shoot the "renegade threats" from Morpho's moving helicopter... and manages to land the bullets: https://youtu.be/E3lRh1-KrRc

Moreover, the same user has several videos in which he extracts... the entire military staff from the base in the side ops, sometimes 42 soldiers, and he shares this in collections of videos of up to 70 minutes gameplay.

So maybe this user in particular is also ramping up his motherbase potential so he can confiscate everyone else's motherbase when Phantom Pain begins?

And I thought I was pretty well done with Ground Zeroes... but nah, I am done, I am not going to bother extracting hundreds of soldiers... Plus the ranking doesnt really compute all that.

What about you people?

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Canucklehead - 05-13-2015 08:57 AM

I get sick of Ground Zeroes around ten seconds after launching it from the XMB. The Trials are so boring, tedius, and pointless, and the side-ops offer nothing new that's worth replaying.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - SexyKaz - 05-13-2015 10:20 AM

I like to screw around at Camp Omega while conducting the missions (mainly the main op). I haven't even tried completing the trials since they're literately the most phoned in extension to gameplay since Trophy system.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - PoisonSnake - 05-13-2015 11:12 AM

I just learned what the heck is the XMB, thanks.

So from the looks of this we are gonna be really bored staring at the XMB until the PP comes out...

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Canucklehead - 05-13-2015 01:19 PM

The XMB, at the very least, has some pretty boss music playing when you hover over the Ground Zeroes icon.

Where the fuck was decent music in-game?

At least the XMB has some boss music that plays when you hover over the Ground Zeroes icon. Where the fuck was the decent music in-game?

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Maison - 05-15-2015 02:39 PM

I, personally wish you could turn the in-game music off. It breaks my concentration when I'm shooting motherfuckers right in their faces.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - SexyKaz - 05-15-2015 03:11 PM

I personally wish I could have a button dedicated to play that Peace Walker theme jingle that plays when you bring Chico or Paz to the chopper. Like the codec button AKA shut the fuck up Miller.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Tanooki - 05-15-2015 04:16 PM

(05-15-2015 03:11 PM)SexyKaz Wrote:  I personally wish I could have a button dedicated to play that Peace Walker theme jingle that plays when you bring Chico or Paz to the chopper. Like the codec button AKA shut the fuck up Miller.

Really hope they addressed this in TTP. I had to mute the game a few times because I couldn't stand to hear Miller explain the same shit again for the 3290492 time. UGH. Hope you can cut him off of just tell him to shut his freakin mouth.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - PoisonSnake - 05-18-2015 06:22 PM

oh $hit, I tried to play the main mission again today and I am so f***ing done with this game to the point I am beginning to seriously hate it.
And whats the point of coming up with new exciting ways of playing it since the ranking system will continue to work the same... it will never acknowledge that I blow a truck while falling of a cliff with soldiers inside... so whats the point I wonder.
And for some reason it doesn't play the music I pcik for when the chopper shows up.
"This is Morpho! Arriving shortly at LZ!", kinda makes me sick to hear.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Old Gross - 05-20-2015 07:24 PM

You know what's funny? After seeing this thread, I decided to play Ground Zeroes and extract all the soldiers and POW's in various missions. I've done Ground Zeroes, Classified Intel Acquisition, Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements, and Déjà Vu......Hard mode, of course.

I don't know why I'm doing this, because I'm sure there's nothing to gain in The Phantom Pain after extracting soldiers. Not to mention that the chopper never leaves after I put the soldiers in. Worse yet also is that the location I'm at in the game-world will only render about 3-4 sprites; this is something I hope they fix in The Phantom Pain, but I'm over a year late in reporting this, so it's probably too late.

EDIT/UPDATE
Forgot to mention Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements. That one took about 24 hours to do, though.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - PoisonSnake - 05-21-2015 06:04 AM

>>> I decided to play Ground Zeroes and extract all the soldiers and POW's
Well, I do hope that when TPP is released you will already have a nation of mercs to outmatch Outer Haven!

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Canucklehead - 05-21-2015 06:28 AM

Does Ground Zeroes even track who or how many people you kidnap? There's literally no purpose to extracting anyone beyond Chico & Paz.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - SexyKaz - 05-21-2015 08:20 AM

^Actually every prisoner you get on the choppah will affect on your score. Therefore if you capture all of the prisoners on a mission you can have couple of kills and still get the S-rank. Which is essentially why the rank system in Ground Zeroes sucks. This doesn't apply to soldiers, however.

Also, they'll pop up in your Mother Base in The Phantom Pain. I honestly have no idea how many Camp Omega refugees I'm going to have in my Mother Base.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Old Gross - 05-21-2015 08:54 AM

Ground Zeroes has a "Play Records" option that has a cumulative total of certain records, including how many soldiers were extracted. Soldiers and POW's are differentiated. Adding them up, I'd say my Mother Base is full.

As for what all is carried over to The Phantom Pain, I honestly think the ones that will be counted are:

Ground Zeroes
•Escaped Prisoner
•POW's

Eliminate the Renegade Threat
•Glaz
•Palitz
•POW's

Intel Operative Rescue
•Kojima

Classified Intel Acquisition
•Undercover Agent
•Baldie*
•POW's

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements
•Intel Member
•POW's

Discounting the total number of extractions in your Play Records, all of these people and the POW's isn't really a whole lot. This might be for the better, though, because imagine starting up The Phantom Pain for the first time and the first thing you encounter is a requisition to free up space for your Mother Base staff-list. Awkward way to begin this game, for sure.

*Not his actual name; it's just something I came up with last year.

RE: Revisiting Ground Zeroes, Pre TPP Release - Canucklehead - 05-21-2015 09:41 AM

Didn't know that, but knowing it dowsn't make me care too much. My Mother Base is gonna have six people, and that's assuming I can't fire Huey and Kaz.