Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes)
+--- Thread: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine (/Thread-FOX-Engine-More-like-FUCKS-Engine)

FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Whatepok - 09-07-2014 11:47 AM

[Image: 1CS3ivj.jpg]

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Ex-President - 09-07-2014 11:51 AM

Yeah that sucks. Send this to KojiPro so they'll fix it for TPP.

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Canucklehead - 09-07-2014 12:36 PM

*Cancles pre-order*

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Code_R - 09-07-2014 12:51 PM

Masterpiece 10/10

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - THEND - 09-07-2014 05:29 PM

IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR THE REVOLUTION!
LA LI LU LE LO
*BURP*

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Solidsuitlarry - 09-07-2014 11:11 PM

I don't rike this at all Sad

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Canucklehead - 09-08-2014 03:22 AM

There is hope though! Afterall, Ground Zeroes was just a DEMO, so maybe the actual game will be, like, not junk.

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Punished Pastry - 09-08-2014 05:13 AM

wtf why did i buy GZ. 20 dollars I could have spent on a tuggie from that homeless lady that likes to sleep in the clinic parking lot next to my house.

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Canucklehead - 09-08-2014 07:23 AM

You know she's clean if there's a clinic in her backyard!

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - jdnation - 09-08-2014 09:06 AM

This is a deliberate upset!

ALL FOR REVENGE!

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Metal Gear Z - 09-08-2014 09:07 AM

"The legs i've lost, it's like theyre still there."

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Punished Pastry - 09-08-2014 09:23 AM

I'm gunna make them give back our campiness

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - jdnation - 09-08-2014 02:16 PM

The Phantom Wall!

The trojan legs are in!

One foot is in the door, the other is on the bomb!

It's Berlin 1984 all over again!

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Canucklehead - 09-08-2014 05:53 PM

Shut up, fuck.

I hate all the shit they fucked ip in the MGSV DEMO, but hopefully their actual effort went into Phantom Pain, with Ground Zeroes just being their tester alpha build.

RE: FOX Engine? More like FUCKS Engine - Old Gross - 09-09-2014 11:42 AM

I really should starting be more captious about things, instead of brushing them off on plausible reasons....in the case of MGSV, the fact that enemy limbs clips through walls and stuff should be addressed to KojiPro, especially since they didn't in the previous MGS games. Though I forget if they still clip through even when they're dead. Dead bodies in MGSV can flail about more frequently depending on what you do.
There's a default pose for enemies when they're incapacitated, even after you kill them with a headshot or something. But when you shoot the corpse, the body suddenly goes limp and subsequently more ragdoll-ey. I think this was the case for MGS4, too, but I forget....but I recall MGS4 having more ragdoll physics than its predecessors....
...my point here is that maybe enemy limbs won't clip through walls and other surfaces when they're dead, whilst if they're incapacitated (KO'ed, tranqed), their limbs seem to clip through surfaces because that's just the way the pose data* (and motion data?*) is set up or something. This data may not have been made to compensate for exterior interferences with limbs from the game world. It could all just be a method of saving memory for the rest of the game, but, again, I don't know.

Anyway, if it's not too late, maybe this issue should be forwarded to KojiPro. Not that I should be really bothered, but.....oh wait; I said I should start being more captious about things....not that I'll probably live up to it...

*"Pose data" and "motion data" are terms I got from using MikuMikuDance. I don't know if these are recognized words in videogame development or such. I can only hope people know what I'm talking about here.