Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes)
+--- Thread: Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things (/Thread-Similarities-between-Big-Boss-and-Skull-Face-and-other-things)

Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things - Whatepok - 07-29-2014 08:25 PM

Here's a list of a lot of weird shit I noticed:
  • The opening of GZ is very similar to PW's opening; with both of the characters in the rain surrounded by their soldiers.
  • They're both revealed very slowly with only their backs or their lower bodies being shown until the camera focuses on their face with their name-tag appearing.
  • Big Boss eventually gets severely burned at Zanzibarland while Skull Face has already been burned.
  • Skull Face's outfit is reminiscent of Zorro's outfit. Zorro is the Spanish word for fox.
  • Both of them have blue eyes.
  • The dogs at Camp Omega (which go missing for some reason) only bark at Skull Face.
  • Kojima mentioned that the original cover of Ground Zeroes was changed because it reminded him too much of Enemy Mine. The movie is about a man and an reptile man overcoming their differences as enemies and becoming friends.
  • Skull Face mentions that he can't feel pain. Big Boss shows no signs of pain when he stabs himself in the Nuclear trailer.
  • The Skull Suit.

There's also this:
[Image: 3b214oj.png]

Feel free to add more.

RE: Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things - Canucklehead - 07-29-2014 09:16 PM

(07-29-2014 08:25 PM)Whatepok Wrote:  [*]Skull Face's outfit is reminiscent of Zorro's outfit. Zorro is the Spanish word for fox.

If Skull-Fuck-Face ends up being Fox, I'm shitting in a box and mailing it to Loljima.

RE: Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things - Nike Schneider - 07-29-2014 11:25 PM

(07-29-2014 08:25 PM)Whatepok Wrote:  [Image: 3b214oj.png]

These were posted in the opposite order for his original Japanese Twitter.

RE: Similarities between Big Boss and Skull Face and other things - Canucklehead - 07-30-2014 03:44 AM

Ha, PWN'D!

Ban him!