Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP
So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Printable Version

+- Forums :: THE SNAKE SOUP (http://thesnakesoup.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Metal... Gear?! (/Forum-Metal-Gear)
+--- Forum: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (/Forum-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes)
+--- Thread: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? (/Thread-So-is-Grund-Zeroz-shit)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Victor Katilis - 04-24-2014 04:47 PM

Is it shit?

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Nike Schneider - 04-24-2014 04:54 PM

No.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Victor Katilis - 04-24-2014 05:42 PM

Should I playz it or should I see some random wankah playthrough it on youtube?

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Smiley - 04-24-2014 05:52 PM

Your choice. With Redbox, you can rent the game for a few bucks and finish it in a day.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Victor Katilis - 04-24-2014 06:05 PM

Nevermind, I was actually watching it on youtube.

I expected that shit to be short, but really? 50 minutes? How much did they ask for it again? Lol, even GT5 prologue offered more.
Now '200 times larger' actually makes sense.
Story is pretty shit, but gameplay looks fun. It really does (as someone said) remind me of Shadow Moses somehow. Still, no cigar.

Good news though - two wack-ass things from Piss Walker just got blown the fuck up. Hell yeah. Satisfied.

P.S. Where the fuck did they put a second bomb though?

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Solidsuitlarry - 04-24-2014 06:08 PM

Not played it myself but from what I hear valuing it at it's story alone is why so many people are criticizing it.

Gameplay is supposed to be where it shines...I think.

The best meat's in the rump!
[Image: TcCAB.jpg]

EDIT: I typed this before you came to the same conclusion yourself.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - FRANKASTER - 04-24-2014 06:36 PM

It's worth a rental... or maybe the 19usd for the digital version, but I would wait for the game to show up on SALES BINS or something most uninformed people bought this believing this was a full game...

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - DarthCaligula - 04-24-2014 07:36 PM

I've been having a lot of fun with it.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Old Gross - 04-24-2014 09:10 PM

I've been playing it for over a month now.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Ex-President - 04-25-2014 02:08 AM

Play it for fuck's sake.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Code_R - 04-25-2014 03:52 AM

It's probably shit

Quote:Story is pretty shit.

I fucking knew it. You kinda confirmed this for me beyound my suspicions that more Peace Walker is a horrible idea.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - hellrasinbrasin - 04-25-2014 04:05 AM

I find it funny that when a game designer releases a new Title in a franchise that they started that takes the series back to the good old days when a video game title was all about gameplay and not saddled with hours of story that its a bad thing.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - Nike Schneider - 04-25-2014 08:43 AM

(04-24-2014 06:05 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  I expected that shit to be short, but really? 50 minutes? How much did they ask for it again? Lol, even GT5 prologue offered more.

You fucked up, son.

I'm not a raging fanboy who goes "WTF LOL MOAR GAMEPALY THAN TITANFALL FGT" or whatever. I get it, the cost is a bit high particularly for the current-gen versions. So recommending someone to buy the game is something that I don't really do unless they're bored, got money to burn and enjoy the Metal Gear series. With that said, playing the game for the first time is a thrill. You're thrown at Camp Omega without a damn clue as to the layout of the map and where your second target is.

By watching someone else play you have basically robbed yourself of the experience. I think this is why the other missions are unlocked AFTER completing the main Ground Zeroes missions--for that first-time feeling. Think about it like watching Sons of Liberty before playing it. Kind of ruins the experience although for Sons of Liberty its more story-related.

With that said, there are extra missions and it seems like they're going to throw in another mission May 1st. None of these missions are like the Peace Walker grinding-by-destroying-reskinned-tanks missions. Each one has a unique goal and requires a different strategy, usually, until you get experienced enough.

It's worth at least a rental. Used copies probably are already circulating.

(04-25-2014 04:05 AM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  I find it funny that when a game designer releases a new Title in a franchise that they started that takes the series back to the good old days when a video game title was all about gameplay and not saddled with hours of story that its a bad thing.

Is throwing plot development on audio recordings for a console game really the best alternative to overly-lengthy-and-explanatory Guns of the Patriots cutscenes? It worked for Peace Walker. Only "works" here if you use the app. Otherwise it's a bit silly outside of how it was used to suggest to the audience where the second target is located in the main mission.

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - xX$0L1DBAK3Xx - 04-25-2014 08:16 PM

Good gameplay, But it's short and poop

RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit? - DarthCaligula - 04-25-2014 09:33 PM

Ravi raised a point I've been meaning to make. Is having Miller ramble on each and every time I play really better than codec calls interrupting you? At least with those I could just hit a button fast or like in MGS2 and MGS3, just hit triangle, but now I've heard "Their names have nothing to do with their skills, it's because the two were less than human. Just an eye to find a target, and a finger to pull the trigger." so many times it's getting permanently burned into my brain, since I can't find the last hidden stuff....