You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To
09-30-2017, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 10:09 PM by DarthCaligula.)
RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To
It's a tough one. Is it better to always be in some area that has huge mountains everywhere at the borders, like in most Zelda games and FarCry 4, or is it better to be able to see that there is more beyond, but you can't reach it? I liked how in Breath of the Wild it's mostly that you can see lands beyond, across from huge chasms, but the Gerudo Desert still has the whole invisible wall thing holding you back, as well as the ocean. Is it better to say "That's outside the mission area", or to just have an invisible wall? I mean, there are advantages and disadvantages to all of these ideas.
10-01-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: You Can Be Excited for Metal Gear Survive If You Want To
Depends. If you take on a mission it would make sense to confine by location parameters that serve the narrative, and constrain the larger with geographical boundaries.

I've wondered about the idea of a spherical world map too. Like setting your epic open world rpg on a small planet or moon.

I believe Beyond Good and Evil 2 is trying this. I wonder if Kojima will do something similar in DS.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)