Yes, you will play as Big Boss. Venom is just a codemane folks. GZ SPOILER
06-19-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: Yes, you will play as Big Boss. Venom is just a codemane folks. GZ SPOILER
Guys maybe they'll just re-use all the assets from this game to make a MG1/MG2 game later, since they're set in the same areas. Gotta justify that AAAA budget somehow.

(06-17-2014 04:25 AM)Punished President Wrote:  Not changing my username because "Punished" is probably gonna in the game. Maybe he'll go through both codenames? Remember how "V(enom) has come to" was in the trailers from the beginning so "Punished Snake" being a placeholder doesn't make sense.

It's probably gonna be a situation like MGS4, where his official code name is Venom Snake but then someone calls him "Punished Snake" to make a point.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't even think he's Venom Snake. I'm pretty sure the codename is just Venom. On the posters they showed , it says just Venom on the side, with Snake in smaller letters on the bottom. Ocelot's says Shalashaska on the side and Ocelot on the bottom. He's not Shalashaska Ocelot. Venom might be a new codename to distance himself from the codename he was given by the US Government.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
06-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah precisely

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
06-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Or it's a nickname. Ocelot was called Shalashaska because of his fighting in Afghanistan so Venom is probably earned the same way

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-19-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 03:00 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Quote:Ocelot was called Shalashaska because of his fighting in Afghanistan
Torture, not fighting.
And it is not even a word. And even if they were using it correctly (Sharashka) - it still wouldn't make any fucking sense whatsoever. Sharashkas were forced mental labour camps/prison design bureaus during WWII in USSR.

Pretty much like Granini Gorki in MGS3, but supermax.
Quote:Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake
Sig'd.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
06-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I just realized something. Venom is one letter short of being an anagram for Vermon. It's confirmed: Big Boss will take on the Vermon CaTaffy persona.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
06-19-2014, 07:15 PM
You know, I'd just like to actually be called Big Boss in the game. I've wanted this since the time I realized that MGS3 would be about Big Boss. Sure people every so often refer to him as Big Boss, but I want a game where we play as him, and he's called by his title, that would be so cool.
06-19-2014, 08:12 PM
(06-19-2014 03:24 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  I just realized something. Venom is one letter short of being an anagram for Vermon. It's confirmed: Big Boss will take on the Vermon CaTaffy persona.

Hahaha I thought of this too.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-19-2014, 10:04 PM
I hope we get to Fulton recover 17 foot tall scorpions.
06-20-2014, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 05:22 AM by Metal Gear Z.)
I want a easter egg in which there is an arcade machine on Mother Base.....with Metal Gear on it. TIME PARADOX!

06-20-2014, 10:33 AM
DUDE. We sit at the arcade machine as Big Boss in the post-credits scene and set up traps for MG1 Snake-- no Time Paradox required!

Oh, "I FORGET TO TELL YOU," MOTHERFUCKER!!

(06-19-2014 04:48 AM)MetalGearZ Wrote:  
(06-18-2014 05:01 PM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  CODMANE FOLKS

HAHAHA! fantastic

MISSPELLING MISSPELLS AUGH

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
06-20-2014, 10:41 AM
what.

01-19-2016, 09:25 AM
(06-19-2014 03:24 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  I just realized something. Venom is one letter short of being an anagram for Vermon. It's confirmed: Big Boss will take on the Vermon CaTaffy persona.

HOLY FUCK! THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)