Yes, you will play as Big Boss. Venom is just a codemane folks. GZ SPOILER
06-15-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Yes, you will play as Big Boss. Venom is just a codemane folks. GZ SPOILER
Or he was never there to begin with.

But maybe it doesn't make sense for Mantis to be hunting him down and helping him with a hallucination at the same time. Who knows.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
06-15-2014, 02:06 PM
(06-15-2014 07:38 AM)sput Wrote:  
(06-15-2014 02:18 AM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  
(06-14-2014 02:35 PM)sput Wrote:  He set that bitch on fire in the hospital

Also a hallucination. Almost everything in that scene is hallucination.. The lady on fire is not the nurse, which Ishmael refers to when he says "she took the long way down" or whatever the fuck. If he's real, then where the fuck is he when Big Boss is ecscaping with Ocelot on horseback?
Did you see the Bambalance crash? He was either out cold and BB left him or he died.
I've heard of an amberlamps, but what's a bambalance? Aside from it going "Bam!" like it crashed into something?

Jay-kay; maybe Ishmael dies in that scene, because we don't really get to see much of him these days, so perhaps he's a short-lived character who only serves one purpose and that's it. Maybe he could come back as a phantom*, but who knows.

*The term "phantom" seems to be, for this game, the title given to the physical manifestation of a deceased individual....like a ghost...just in case anyone was wondering what I meant, assuming anyone gave a shit.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
06-15-2014, 07:26 PM
(06-15-2014 02:06 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  Did you see the Bambalance crash? He was either out cold and BB left him or he died.
I've heard of an amberlamps, but what's a bambalance? Aside from it going "Bam!" like it crashed into something?
[/quote]

I remember a hillbilly prank call about a guy stabbing a dog outside "a motherfucking Stop N Go" and needing a bambalance.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
06-15-2014, 07:52 PM
(06-15-2014 12:31 PM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  But maybe it doesn't make sense for Mantis to be hunting him down and helping him with a hallucination at the same time.

To me it doesn't. That's why I'm thinking he's real.

Quote:I remember a hillbilly prank call about a guy stabbing a dog outside "a motherfucking Stop N Go" and needing a bambalance.

Something like that. Bambalance just always stuck for me since then.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-15-2014, 09:05 PM
I saw that video in another topic with the people analyzing the trailer, and that idiot claiming to be some Metal Gear authority. Now the thing is, if you don't know lots of stuff about Metal Gear, that's fine, everyone has different tastes. If you're just a casual fan who likes the gameplay and thinks the story is OK but doesn't get deep into it like us, that's fine, but don't claim to be some big fan if you can't get some basic things straight. Mother Base 2 is the Big Shell? Are you huffing paint? The Big Shell was built AFTER THE TANKER SANK!!!! It was built to clean up the oil spill that didn't actually happen, so it could be a cover for the construction of Arsenal Gear. This all happened in 2007 at the earliest. What kind of moron could say they're some kind of authority and get such a basic fact wrong?
Then that idiot says "Dur hur hur, I think that kid is Jack, you know, Rayden." First off, how many God damned times do we hear Raiden's name said in MGS2? You can't say his name correctly? "OH NO D00DS FORUN WURDZ SCARE ME!!!1!1!1" And hell, pretty much everyone else has figured that he must most likely be Liquid, how the hell could anyone think he's Raiden? Use your brain for a second.
06-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Also, Kojima said no Raiden.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

06-16-2014, 04:30 AM
(06-15-2014 09:05 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I saw that video in another topic with the people analyzing the trailer, and that idiot claiming to be some Metal Gear authority. Now the thing is, if you don't know lots of stuff about Metal Gear, that's fine, everyone has different tastes. If you're just a casual fan who likes the gameplay and thinks the story is OK but doesn't get deep into it like us, that's fine, but don't claim to be some big fan if you can't get some basic things straight. Mother Base 2 is the Big Shell? Are you huffing paint? The Big Shell was built AFTER THE TANKER SANK!!!! It was built to clean up the oil spill that didn't actually happen, so it could be a cover for the construction of Arsenal Gear. This all happened in 2007 at the earliest. What kind of moron could say they're some kind of authority and get such a basic fact wrong?
Then that idiot says "Dur hur hur, I think that kid is Jack, you know, Rayden." First off, how many God damned times do we hear Raiden's name said in MGS2? You can't say his name correctly? "OH NO D00DS FORUN WURDZ SCARE ME!!!1!1!1" And hell, pretty much everyone else has figured that he must most likely be Liquid, how the hell could anyone think he's Raiden? Use your brain for a second.

Yeah Raiden (who isnt even important in the whole scheme of things) would be an infant. Thats like how people think David Hayter is gonna voice Solid in this game. No little kid sounds like that.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
06-16-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 07:47 PM by Mexican Sting.)
Omigod. I wish there was a flowchart for every user on this board and the exact details of their theories that we could all reference.

The people that think David Hayter might possibly show up obviously don't think he's going to voice a fucking 12 year old.

Most plausibly, it'd be a flash-forward-after-credits radio call. Far less likely (though I wouldn't put it past Kojima's ambitions to have considered it) would be an actual recreation of the events of MG1 and/or 2.

I would love to see it go that far, and I actually have a small glimmer of hope that it might happen, but I think the reality is that we're probably just going to get the after-credits call, with or without David Hayter.

06-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Or it could be some thing that goes like "Oh yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, I love killing people now! I'm gonna make a real warrior nation! It's gonna be awesome!" Then it shows a montage of events, skipping years. It shows Big Boss getting older and running FoxHound, while also secretly recruiting cool people like Dirty Duck, shows Solid Snake training, and ends with Solid Snake climbing out of the water into Outer Heaven, and he says "Commencing operation N313 bro!" and then it says

THE END

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-16-2014, 09:36 PM
I would fucking love to see Dirty Duck in this game.

06-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Ishmael is Dirty Duck

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-17-2014, 12:38 AM
(06-16-2014 09:14 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Or it could be some thing that goes like "Oh yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, I love killing people now! I'm gonna make a real warrior nation! It's gonna be awesome!" Then it shows a montage of events, skipping years. It shows Big Boss getting older and running FoxHound, while also secretly recruiting cool people like Dirty Duck, shows Solid Snake training, and ends with Solid Snake climbing out of the water into Outer Heaven, and he says "Commencing operation N313 bro!" and then it says

THE END

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love that with both my balls, may actually buy a NEW copy of the game if I hear that happens.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
06-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Not changing my username because "Punished" is probably gonna in the game. Maybe he'll go through both codenames? Remember how "V(enom) has come to" was in the trailers from the beginning so "Punished Snake" being a placeholder doesn't make sense.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
06-18-2014, 05:01 PM
CODMANE FOLKS

06-19-2014, 04:48 AM
(06-18-2014 05:01 PM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  CODMANE FOLKS

HAHAHA! fantastic

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)