Will Metal Gear, Survive ?
02-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Will Metal Gear, Survive ?
Fiddle

I want to make a topic about Metal Gear but I don't know about what. It is the better of the stealth game genre.....a genre that is about to be eclipsed in numbers by the 2d-retrostyle-platform-side-scrolling-indie-jrpg in the next half a year.

What do you think is most likely going to be the best thing Metal Gear Survive does for the Stealth Action genre? Can this genre continue to, Survive?
02-11-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Will Metal Gear, Survive ?
I think Metal Gear will be remembered for a long time for what it did to make stealth games much more popular. We here all generally have the same opinion that after a certain point, MGS2 on, MGS3 on, MGS4 on, etc. the series started going downhill, but even with that, most of the games are fun, and MGS1 especially was a major game that had a major effect on video games. We don't need more new Metal Gear games, but I do hope that the games will be released again in various ways so people can keep finding it and seeing what a fun series it is.

And I really don't care about Survive. It just looks like a soulless attempt to cash in on the work of Kojima and his staff while showing them no respect.

I guess you're really talking about the genre itself though. I've noticed that quite a few games now put in the option at least to be stealthy. It might not be a focus of it, but it does seem to be pretty common to have it as at least somewhat of an option. The real problem is that those stupid braindead mobile games are getting more popular, and they make end up taking over a lot of gaming. I can't help but wonder if we're headed for another video game industry crash.
02-11-2017, 06:36 PM
In terms of stealth-based gameplay, Metal Gear was curb-stomped the moment Splinter Cell hit shelves.

Metal Gear was always about the story, and as it went on, that only got shittier. The series has been on life-support since 2001, died, and Metal Gear Survive is the corpse with strings tied to the extremities and forced to dance like a fucked up puppet.

It's over. Let it go.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
02-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Did you find the gameplay in Peace Walker fun? I know you love to mock the story and characters, but I'm wondering if you thought the game was fun at all. I personally loved all the sneaking stuff in it. The fights against the mechs and vehicles just dragged on way too long, and I have mixed feelings about some of the other stuff, but I loved sneaking around in it. I think that it actually reminded me a lot of what I enjoyed about the MGS1/MGS2 time in the series.
02-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it did feel a lot more MGS1 than MGS4, whoch was a good thing. But I think it worked best as a co-op game, and you really can't play a serious stealth game with a crowd. Of course, it was a PSP game, and I kept that in mind as I played, so I didn't mind the more simplistic gameplay, and like with MGS1, less is more. So yeah, it was okay to play.

I also actually really enjoyed the initial boss fights, but the harder versions were just stupid and required co-op to beat.

I also liked the motion-comic style cutscenes. It's just that the plot sucked a ton and went nowhere.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

02-11-2017, 07:56 PM
That's something to say that you can see a crash. Crash seems extreme but I can see where you're going with that. Comics, Anime, Etc....they have these bad periods. Not in quality sure, but the mainstays vanish while a few newbies blank the difference until the better days come back so...I can't say obviously but, eh....all videogames that seems extreme.

But I see what you mean. Game companies are making money and if a certain new game with triple-A talent by a well-known game developer described as the kasparov of videogames can continue to keep people's attention it could make the difference so who knows. But just to relook at it again, I do think of Splinter Cell as a major curve in the genre too. And I could mention another series but I will not yet since even though it was also a big part of the genre, it probably has been forgotten.

If PW was originally mgs5 that says a lot. It is so incredibly energetic that to see the game series end on such a dark tone is always going to seem strange in succession tonally but they have so much content (yeah) that it is probably a long stretch.

Is Assassin's Creed considered the same genre. If so, it means there have been about 10 releases in that genre ever since 2005? 2008? How does that change things? There's about 10 assassin's creed games in peace walker. Do you think a game like peace walker with that much ex--------tra content to that level is good for stealth games? What about Wolfenstein: The New Order? Anywho....
02-13-2017, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 06:11 AM by jdnation.)
The main mode of SURVIVE will be horde mode and tower defense.

The only time you will probably stealth is to collect some resources and go to the marker on the map where you will have to defend the fort.

Stealth isn't going to be the focus. It'll be about resource management, and ways Konami can get you to spend for Mother Base Coins and the occasional map pack.

I'd expect more stealth from Death Stranding at this point than I would MGSV.

Co-Op missions like in Peace Walker would've been the bomb though...

Happy Anniversary.

[Image: Metal-Gear-30th-Anniversary-Banner.png]
02-13-2017, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 07:44 AM by THEND.)
Wow 30 years HAH!

Hopefully you're right about everything that you're saying. I have some wild theories about DS but this isn't the place. There's a new game called, "Get Even" coming out but it will probably be classified as a shooter though I say it does look cool. There's a long preview of it now and some gameplay videos on youtube. If you ever wondered what a stealth action game would be if they combined Silent Hill with Call of Duty then mashed it up into a million pieces you will get a good idea of what to expect. It has been posted on the internet intermittently up until this point and now that it is releasing soon they have released more detailed information about its content.
02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Its over. Let it go.

it is what it is
02-14-2017, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2017 05:07 PM by Canucklehead.)
It's been over since 2001.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

02-14-2017, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2017 05:22 PM by THEND.)
(02-14-2017 04:56 PM)Soupp Fann Wrote:  Its over. Let it go.

(02-14-2017 05:07 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  It's been over since 2001.

Yeah
02-15-2017, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 02:49 PM by jdnation.)
It's not over... Not yet!

KONAMI SEES BIG INCREASE IN PROFIT WITH THEIR NEW DIRECTION
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=29399

Dat Brazzers Money...
02-15-2017, 09:29 PM
[Image: sn5PUF3.jpg]
02-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Why are you posting all these pictures everywhere?
02-16-2017, 04:03 AM
They're not as annoying as JD's faux-news posts that he leaves everywhere like some D-grade Batman villain from the '40s.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)