Why do they suddenly not use "real" weapons?
03-15-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Why do they suddenly not use "real" weapons?
What's with the self-defeatist asides you keep adding to your posts

Benny Harvey, RIP
04-03-2015, 07:19 PM
For a game based in the 80's I don't think licensing would be a big deal. Most weapon designs from that era are now public domain with hundreds of factories replicating the designs. Maybe Kojima just didn't give a fuck this time. Or maybe he wanted the 80' stylization of weird guns. Though the guns do closely resemble real ones. MRS looks like an FNC to me. The one the GZ Marines use looks like an AR18. Their pistol looks like a browning hi-power. The SMG reminds me of a TMP. Etc.

Old Shank Wrote:"Get down from here we want toast!," Snake demanded.
04-04-2015, 09:54 AM
On a personal note, the one thing that baffles me is how one of the guns is "Adam-Ska Special". Now that I think about it, I'm like "You named one of the guns 'Adamska'. Are you for real?" because, well, that's Ocelot's real name.

As for the time-frame, I recall saying "The 80's wasn't a high point in new small-arms," though there are a few exceptions here and there.....such as prototype weapons that used flechettes as ammunition, and especially the H&K G11, which might be thee high point of 1980's revolutionary new small-arms, though it was cancelled in the end.

(03-15-2015 09:31 AM)sput Wrote:  What's with the self-defeatist asides you keep adding to your posts
What?

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
04-05-2015, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 10:19 PM by Snake_Plissken.)
This game is going to be less realistic with fake weapons... It will really break the immersion for me.

Complain all you want MGS4 weapons. I would prefer to have it return and combinded with the Peace Walker system.

From what I hear Kojima went over budget thanks to Keifer, even with the minimal lines he was given, so that is the probably the contributing factor.
04-06-2015, 04:48 AM
When it comes to Metal Gear, there is no budget. If Kojima needs more money, Konami won't even ask why; they'll get it all back and then some once the game comes out. It's pretty much the Konami flagship ever since they gave Silent Hill to an American who subsequently made every possible effort to sink it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
04-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Here I was thinking Metal Gear was sort of niche. I don't know many people irl that have played the series.

Benny Harvey, RIP
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Can we all just pretend anything after Team Silent left is not canon? Just like we are going to do for Metal Gear when Kojima Productions leave?(With the exception of MGS4, that should be in the same Side story category as Revengence)

As far as people who play it. From my experience most people have heard of Metal Gear, but never really gave it a chance due to cutscenes and clunky controls. Leave it to the Japanese to make the Aiming and firing the same Button.
04-06-2015, 04:44 PM
But Silent Hill 4 was worse than Metal Gear Rising.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Silent Hill 4 wasn't a real Silent Hill game. It was an original IP after Team Silent left. They just renamed it Silent Hill 4 to capitalize on the name. Silent Hill 3 was the last real one. Although some may argue 2 was the peak of the series.
04-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I do think 2 was great as a psychological thriller, but it was also the least scary of the original trilogy.

1 is still my favourite.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

04-11-2015, 02:26 PM
I was scary. 2 was a mind fuck... Correction mind rape
11-21-2015, 07:27 AM
Is the AM MRS supposed to be the MGSV version of the M4? Because it looks more like the Belgian FNC

MGSV AM MRS:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.co...A258C82B1/

Belgian FNC:
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/fn_fnc.jpg

Plus the longer handguard version (supposed to look like M16?) looks more like the FAL

MGSV AM Rifle Type 69:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/meta...0606210325

FAL
http://www.dandbmilitaria.com/images/D/DSC00268-03.jpg
11-21-2015, 07:57 AM
I don't thinkn I've ever heard anyone ask if the MRS is supposed to be an M16. No.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

11-21-2015, 07:59 AM
I realize none of these weapons are "real" but they're supposed to mimic real weapons to some degree. Such as the SVG76 looking like an AK
11-21-2015, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 09:03 AM by sput.)
MRS is basically an lr-300

[Image: lr-300_pttr-1.jpg]

Except it has that G36 style clip release thing

Benny Harvey, RIP

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)