Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
05-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
A lot of MGS fans went huh????? when kojipro announced kiefer as the voice of snake, big boss.

they said it was a change that was encessary etc, it has star power, whatever.

but of all the actors why kiefer sutherland?

there are a few things about kiefer's career that could point at some clues.

first of.

24 the series was and is on FOX, get it?

24 redemtion, the film is set in africa, and "jack" which is the name that the boss calls snake, also it involves kids used in militias as child soldiers.

24 always involves some torture, not always but there are many episodes with torture scenes.

one if not the best performances of kiefer was in The Lost Boys, where he played the character of David, again, the name of solid snake. David and the whole gang belong to a lost generation, a les enfants terribles generation??? a wild selfdestructive generation. the lost boys is a classic of the 80's and surely one of kojimas favorites.

Kiefer Sutherland also is 47yo, close to kojimas age 50

His father Donald Sutherland appears in moby dick the 2011 tv miniseries and in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

at this point i stop but i am sure there a lot more fun facts behind kiefer being in mgs v
05-20-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
Or maybe his face works for the new capture tech. Whoa, coincidences!

Benny Harvey, RIP
05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
(05-20-2014 05:12 PM)sput Wrote:  Or maybe his face works for the new capture tech. Whoa, coincidences!

silly man
05-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Kiefer is way older then I thought he was. I thought he had only turned 40 a few years ago.

Well it was 7 years ago clearly but you know what I mean.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
05-21-2014, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 01:54 AM by Ex-President.)
Quote:His father Donald Sutherland appears in moby dick the 2011 tv miniseries and in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

You got me interested right there. Waiting for MGSV to confirm if there's indeed another reason apart from "ROR FACIARU CAPUTURU" for including Sutherland.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
05-21-2014, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 03:28 AM by kunawaro.)
btw, i do support the theory that david hayter will be in the phantom pain, voicing "a snake" dont know which one, but i do think he will be there.

i almost forgot,

Kiefer did Flatliners

where he brought back the pains from his childhood after being dead for a short period of time, a phantom pain...?

back from the dead...?
05-21-2014, 04:18 AM
Because when he gets older, finally puts on the raincoat, cuts his hair and grows more bear, he'll look like a bad ass big boss:

[Image: Donald_Big_Boss.jpg]
05-21-2014, 04:31 AM
(05-21-2014 04:18 AM)PARAdoja Wrote:  Because when he gets older, finally puts on the raincoat, cuts his hair and grows more bear, he'll look like a bad ass big boss:

[Image: Donald_Big_Boss.jpg]

yep it crossed my mind too
05-21-2014, 05:32 AM
Why I always thought Kiefer was 110% perfect for Solid Snake right there.

Cuz Donald was perfect for Big Boss.

05-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Oh boy, another Sutherland cock sucking fest.
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I didnt really liked his voice in GZ, it always felt a bit off
05-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Quote:Oh boy, another Sutherland cock sucking fest.

Don't worry, Hayter is better.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
05-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I'd suck pre-liberal Hayter's cock inside out.

05-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Keifer's inclusion in Ground Zeroes was pointless.

Kojima's all like, "I want to express all the emotion and mo-cap of the face."

Most of the time though it's just the camera watching his back to give you that seamless feel. We never got to see keifer's face acting much at all. Even that one moment of him looking from the Heli at burning MSF from the trailer was his friggin back.

WTF?

Let's just admit this for what it is. Kojima likes Hollywood. There was a chance to put a well known American actor in his game. Kojima didn't give a shit about the American fan-base for Voice Actors because unlike in Japan Americans care not for the subtleties of consistent voice work unless its a celebrity cashing a cheque for doing a Disney/Pixar/Ghibli/Dreamworks flick that they can highlight in the trailer who are usually just playing themselves. Chris Rock is the Zebra! Come and look at Chris Rock being a black man in a Zebra's body everyone! It's so zany it'll end segregation and bring black and white people together at the movie theatre! With this much star power you can't ignore it! And as the Silent hill fiasco proves, Konami doesn't care about English voice actors so if an international superstar needs to cahs a quick cheque in between waiting for his next season of shooting, then by golly it's a bargain! Get him in there, and get 'er done within 3 months.

Hayter was let go so we could look at Sutherland's back! And his VA wasn't any improvement over Hayter anyway, so we didn't even get that. And if the Phantom Pain's VGA trailer unveiling was anything to go by, prepare for more cinematic angles of Sutherland-Snake's back.
05-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Word.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)