Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
RE: Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
That and you can actually play while you listen instead of having to sit there wondering when the conversation will end

Benny Harvey, RIP
07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Y'know, I like the tapes, but I'm also on the fence a little bit. I kind of realized the other day that the somewhat major plot point of suspicion being cast on Huey happened in an optional radio conversation.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
[Image: BrqbDDGCcAEuglt.jpg]

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
07-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Guy's a class act.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
07-06-2014, 07:09 AM
They only ditched Hayter because Splinter Cell lost Ironside. Kojima's run out of ideas so bad that he's started copying the administrative side of Splinter Cell as well as the game design.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-06-2014, 03:48 PM
And Thief and Hitman (their original plans anyway).

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
07-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Health Regen killed Metal Gear. Why they would ever have implemented it just baffles me. That said, the series can officially kiss my asshole right after a good morning shit and before the mandatory wipe session to follow.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-08-2014, 03:17 AM
(07-07-2014 10:39 AM)Crack Dealer Wrote:  Health Regen killed Metal Gear. Why they would ever have implemented it just baffles me. That said, the series can officially kiss my asshole right after a good morning shit and before the mandatory wipe session to follow.

This so hard. And the weapon limit. Fucking useless.
07-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Health regenerating items are crude and archaic as fuck. All it does is punish the player. I'm not sure I ever got past the Harrier on Extreme in MGS2, because I didn't have enough rations. All that fight did was piss me off for a few hours.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
07-08-2014, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 03:25 PM by Canucklehead.)
Whatever happened to practising and getting better? Kids these days are such bitches in general, not just when it comes to games, but they're a good example.

"I can't get past this part because the game is bad! I'm not bad at it, of course not! I'm the best gamer ever! Therefore, the game is just cheap and poorly designed and I give it a 2/10!"

Guess what...I died at the Harrier on Extreme. Guess what else...I beat it by trying again. Imagine that!

I hate people today. They're good for nothing other than taking up space and wasting oxygen.

Also, crude and archaic? What are you, five? You didn't have enough Rations? 'Cause in case you're not aware, you can beat the Harrier on Extreme without taking a single hit, no different from any other boss fight. You just suck and aren't willing to get better. Sounds like an insult, I know, but it's just the honest truth.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm not totally sure how I feel about regenerating health, but talking about the Harrier reminds me of how MGS2 handled it. By ducking or laying still for a while, you can get health back up to a certain point. I think that's probably a better balance. I totally prefer a meter in games like this though, rather than what so many games do now (like Ground Zeroes) of having a bunch of blood or whatever appear on the screen. It doesn't really tell you how much health you have left.
I also eventually beat MGS2 on Extreme (or was it Euro-Extreme...). The hardest fight that drove me crazy was Vamp. He took me forever to beat. And like Crack Dealer says, I beat him the old fashioned way, by dying a lot, learning his attack patterns, and getting good.
07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
[Image: xW2jQMe.jpg]

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
07-08-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 07:09 PM by Canucklehead.)
Y'know, as good as Super Metroid was, I really dug
Metroid 2 as well.

While we're on this subject, it's time for me to bitch about shit. I fucking HATE when people refer to any similar-styled game as a "Metroidvania." It was a term coined to describe Castlevania: SotN, hence the "vania" part of the title, and thus the term should never be applied to any game outside of the Castlevania series. It's ESPECIALLY annoying when these dip-shits use the term to refer specifically to Metroid games. Seriously, you're using a term intended to describe a game series that's based off of an original title/series to describe said original series. Go fuck yourself!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-08-2014, 07:30 PM
(07-08-2014 06:42 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  [Image: xW2jQMe.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA!!!! This is hilarious! Oh no! How do you open the red door?!
And Metroid 2 is awesome. The only people who say that the first one is better are people who haven't played both games.
07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Since Metroid was brought up, I finally had the chance to check out Other M. On the subject of voice changes, I am sad that they ditched Jennifer Hale for someone else in this game. Sure Hale only contributed to the grunt noises of the Prime and Smash series, but she actually is a terrific voice actress. And even at her worst I'd much rather have her monotone voice from Twin Snakes over the monotone, flat, completely wooden performance of Other M. Those cutscenes are a bore to listen to.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)