Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
06-18-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
Everyone on this forum would complain if when the inevitable Solid/BigBoss dialgue were to take place they would sound EXACTLY the same. I know what you're thinking "well in MGS4 it was different" yes it was. And BB was like 900 and made from Solidus bits.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
06-18-2014, 12:19 PM
There should be a retcon where Big Boss meets up with all three of his clones and they are all voiced by David Hayter.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
06-20-2014, 05:09 PM
What should have happened was Richard Doyle. That's what should have happened. Now the voice acting is kept at a minimum for the main fucking character, and even when he talks it sounds overdone.

Sutherland should have never come into contact with the series. Him and Arad should have stayed far, far away.
06-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I want Richard Doyle playing Big Boss with Moebius's voice.
06-20-2014, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 07:41 PM by sput.)
Doyle sounds like a fucking old man. Stupid Kojima and his riding on actor trends. New 24? Sutherland baby. Troy in every video game? Why not mine?

Suck a dick Hideo.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-20-2014, 08:41 PM
If they had have gotten Sutherland to voice Big Boss in MGS4 then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
06-20-2014, 08:44 PM
You're absolutely right, but consistency isn't Kojipro's thing. Doyle sounds like an old fuck, but I would have some kind of respect for the series if they kept him. I love metal gear and will continue to eat up anything released but I am disconnected at this point.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Keeping the original Japanese actor while changing David Hayter is a kick in the teeth.

Not replacing him at a point which makes sense like after the coma and not replacing him with Richard Doyle (or rather not casting Kiefer in MGS4) is all around kind of fucky.

06-20-2014, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 04:37 AM by sput.)
It really is, but when you think that Sutherland is still doing facial animation for both versions it kind of makes sense.

I feel like Doyle was a final thought around the end of production with MGS4. Who was the voice of the Japanese MGS4 Big Boss?

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Chikao Otsuka, father of Akio Otsuka, the voice of Snake.
06-20-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 04:38 AM by sput.)
Snake or big boss?

EDIT: Wow, i'm a dolt. I would say they should have hired the sutherlands for MGS4, but Hayter makes sense as Solid. They should have recast Naked Snake since MGS3 for it to be less confusing.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-20-2014, 09:54 PM
lol

As long as Hayter remains Solid Snake then the English version has some hope.

06-21-2014, 04:48 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is that "snake" is now a Gordon Freeman clonebut it has been a trend since MGS4 where everyone arround him talked and he just listened.. or ignored them, then he made a noise or something unlike peace walker's "off-screen bigboss" that talked a lot, even the real time cut-scene at the end has Big Boss talking about some shit about times or something)

[Image: banner.jpg]
06-23-2014, 09:57 AM
I'll just leave this here...

06-23-2014, 10:25 AM
That was so bad.

Benny Harvey, RIP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)