Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
05-28-2014, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 01:54 AM by DeadSoldier.)
RE: Why Kiefer Sutherland? more than meets the eye
I always assumed it was because Kojima wanted to fan the flames on MGSV's controversy.

Start a war, fan its flames, and create victims... then save them, train them... and feed them back onto the battlefield.

~ Big Boss

Who the fuck even reads signatures these days? Oh right...
05-28-2014, 02:03 AM
[Image: sHPvyER.jpg]

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
05-28-2014, 02:52 AM
did you make this image, its fucking awesome
05-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Some dude uses it as a signature at mgsforums.com

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
05-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Kojima should freaking have that hung up in his office.
05-28-2014, 04:02 PM
(05-27-2014 09:08 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Keifer's inclusion in Ground Zeroes was pointless.

Kojima's all like, "I want to express all the emotion and mo-cap of the face."

Most of the time though it's just the camera watching his back to give you that seamless feel. We never got to see keifer's face acting much at all. Even that one moment of him looking from the Heli at burning MSF from the trailer was his friggin back.

WTF?

Let's just admit this for what it is. Kojima likes Hollywood. There was a chance to put a well known American actor in his game. Kojima didn't give a shit about the American fan-base for Voice Actors because unlike in Japan Americans care not for the subtleties of consistent voice work unless its a celebrity cashing a cheque for doing a Disney/Pixar/Ghibli/Dreamworks flick that they can highlight in the trailer who are usually just playing themselves. Chris Rock is the Zebra! Come and look at Chris Rock being a black man in a Zebra's body everyone! It's so zany it'll end segregation and bring black and white people together at the movie theatre! With this much star power you can't ignore it! And as the Silent hill fiasco proves, Konami doesn't care about English voice actors so if an international superstar needs to cahs a quick cheque in between waiting for his next season of shooting, then by golly it's a bargain! Get him in there, and get 'er done within 3 months.

Hayter was let go so we could look at Sutherland's back! And his VA wasn't any improvement over Hayter anyway, so we didn't even get that. And if the Phantom Pain's VGA trailer unveiling was anything to go by, prepare for more cinematic angles of Sutherland-Snake's back.

This is what I'm talking about. All this hype about a "real" actor, and for what? He barely says anything in the game. "Chico calm down!" "Hold her down!" "What a line of bullshit..." Oh yeah, Hayter sure couldn't pull off such amazing material as well as Sutherland. I made a joke about Sutherland charging a million dollars a word, but it almost seems like something like this must have happened. "Yeah I can work for this Metal Gear game, but I'm busy with other projects so I won't be able to be there much." So then they give him less lines so Sutherland can work on other projects. That's the only explanation I can think of.
And all this stuff about the face stuff, and we barely see this do anything. Oh yeah, it's Big Boss looking shocked at Mother Base being destroyed, how amazing.
All of this stuff better have a big payoff in The Phantom Pain, but I have a feeling that I'm still going to think of Miller's voice when I think of the game when it's all over.
Kojima is intentionally trolling his biggest fanbase, the US. That's the only explanation for all this that I can think of. Of course, it's all going to backfire once again as everyone lines up to suck Sutherland's dick.
05-28-2014, 07:54 PM
I still think Snake whispering to Chico was silly. To me it just sounded like a sing-song; as my friend would describe it, it sounded like he was calling out to his pet cat.

I still stand by the likelihood that it wasn't a screw up on Sutherland's part, though I still thought it was funny.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
05-28-2014, 09:08 PM
I thought that line was delivered fine myself. I'm not saying that he's bad, he did do a good job, I'm just saying that I don't see why it was necessary to replace Hayter.
05-28-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 11:16 PM by Solidsuitlarry.)
(05-28-2014 04:02 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Kojima is intentionally trolling his biggest fanbase, the US. That's the only explanation for all this that I can think of. Of course, it's all going to backfire once again as everyone lines up to suck Sutherland's dick.

Kojima: I fuck up the timeline, I ruin almost every character from MGS1, 2 & 3, I made MGS4, I shove a bomb up Paz's vag and I fire the 2nd most well known public face of the series and these assholes STILL RIKE IT!!!?!?!?

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
05-29-2014, 03:40 AM
Quote:More than meets the eye
What is it with this fucking dude and his puns?

Benny Harvey, RIP
05-29-2014, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 06:11 AM by kunawaro.)
(05-29-2014 03:40 AM)sput Wrote:  
Quote:More than meets the eye
What is it with this fucking dude and his puns?

Kiefer Sutherland, Jack of all trades

why Kiefer sutherland? what's the hook?
05-29-2014, 09:20 PM
(05-28-2014 09:08 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I thought that line was delivered fine myself. I'm not saying that he's bad, he did do a good job, I'm just saying that I don't see why it was necessary to replace Hayter.

The moola. Sutherland's name (plastered at the end of every mission) has value, Kojima is a sellout and there's nothing wrong with that. I just wish he didn't have to go with the generic PR spiel about "realism" and properly conveying a character he doesn't even give a shit about.
05-30-2014, 12:06 AM
in before Sutherland confirmed for MGS movie
05-30-2014, 07:18 AM
(05-30-2014 12:06 AM)solidbean Wrote:  in before Sutherland confirmed for MGS movie

In like a flash.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
05-30-2014, 04:15 PM
About the face mocap technology, I think I have to take back what I said a bit. I didn't fully understand what I read before and thought that only Sutherland was getting this because his face resembles Big Boss a little or something, but I found this link from the Snake Soup home page: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=14052
First, it was awesome seeing Robin Atkin Downes joking around since I've known about this guy since the late 90's and he's always seemed like a cool guy (and like I said before, I now wish that I had gotten his autograph as well when I was in Phoenix last year). It mentions in there that Robin also had that technology used, so it's actually being used for everyone, not just the specialest snowflake on the cast. I'll have to take a look at the scenes again to really judge it, instead of going by what little we seem to see of Big Boss.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)