Why I'm against classic remakes
09-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Why I'm against classic remakes
http://thesnakesoup.org/editorial-articl...etal-gear/

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
09-04-2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Why I'm against classic remakes
Shit I almost hate to admit that I would prefer a Metal Gear game about The Boss in WW2 over a MG/MG2 remake also.

Only way I can see it (MG/MG2 HD) happening is if Kojima palms it off to a 3rd party who could probably remake the games in a more MGS1 style with limited to no extra radio conversations and as the article says even that would fuck the series up with more retcons.

And as has been discussed before MG2 is pretty much 50% the same shit as MGS1 so they'd need to change that too.

I still see it happening one day I just never think it will work.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
09-04-2014, 08:05 AM
This article was much needed. Seriously people, just go play the originals on the HD collection or on Subsistance. Hell download a MSX emulator and the roms. There is absolutely no need to remake these games.
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 09:45 AM by Code_R.)
They've been remaking them for fucking years

Edit: A WW2 story would be full of Nazi lolicons and mechas, they should do that.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
09-04-2014, 09:53 AM
This editorial speaks the truth. That script size chart is pretty cool too.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
09-04-2014, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 12:40 PM by Terminento.)
Hey, we already remade Metal Gear ourselves!
Short of...

Fuck! If I weren't busy with exams and a constant shitton of work, I'd be "remaking" MG2 myself now!

SpaceByrd Wrote:You're like a mix of Kurt Russell and George Lucas.
09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
I've always wanted a WW2 MG game, and a gulf war game as well.

That said, I thought this article was dumb, and this is the internet, so I don't need to defend my position at all.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
09-04-2014, 05:45 PM
While I don't want remakes either, I thought the article was pretty lousy and not up to your usual par. Seemed kinda forced and just written for the sake of not having to write something more useful.

Maybe I should write some articles for this damn site!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-05-2014, 09:09 AM
One part I caught in the article was the idea of appreciating an older game for what it was without the necessity of a remake. I can understand that....especially since official remakes of some games always get some unwanted adjustment(s).

This also makes me think about the difference between us and Japan when it comes to remaking games. Midway's arcade classics serve as a good example, because it's like they've been kept in such a state as if the company was holding on to them like relics, and when the time came to release them on PS2 (for example), the end result was a bunch of classic games that played just like they were in the arcades. As for how Japan compares, though maybe I shouldn't compare all of Japan but maybe just Konami, I remember buying one "Konami Collector's Series: Arcade Advanced" for the Game Boy Advance, and there've been some edits in the game's HUD's, and I personally recall Rush'n Attack feeling different from the original arcade version (which I only played from an emulator on the old iBook). It's like Japanese game developers don't usually keep their original games or sources, so if they decide to re-release an old classic they let a Western developer handle emulating it, and even so the result is an experience far different from what should be expected as per the player's recollections of playing the game in its original form over a decade ago....not to mention there's always some legalese shit involved, which might be said about MG2 and how it was re-released with Shinkawa art replacing characters' original appearances.

Just wanted to throw that out there...

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
09-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Great article. hit the nail on the head.
09-05-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 01:09 PM by Nike Schneider.)
This might be our most controversial editorial yet. I have not gotten this much anger directed at me since trashing Snake's Revenge in 2003! Which is weird because I thought I was pretty tame here whereas back then I was basically calling anyone who disagrees with me an idiot.

Here's a typical response from some guy who commented about it on one of my friend's Facebook:

Quote:That guy is whining lol. I didn't play the gameboy versions, and I wouldn't go back to play it. I would want a remade one with true dialogue, even if it's completely adjusted.

[...]

I liked twin snakes, I liked the extra depth in the fmv sequences.

[...]

I really wanna see a epic battle between solid snake and naked snake, since now I know big bosses past. Remakes are great lol especially from mgs1 in a new generation.. Mgs3 would be pointless... It would just be polished graphics.

Oh and this from Reddit:

Quote:I want it remade and I want a proper full game made using the FOX Engine or an updated modernized version made by the people who did Oddworld: New 'n Tasty.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are INCREDIBLY important to MGS lore and I will never be able to experience their stories first hand because...well, I just can't play crappy 8-bit games anymore, I tried on the HD Collection but going back to that shit is unpleasantly soul-crushing and you have to be a special kind of masochist to wring any kind of enjoyment out of that experience.

So I hope one day we'll get to see "The Solid Snake Trilogy" featuring Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and MGS produced as one complete narrative presented in a package that looks like MGSV.

Can't Kojima train one of his underlings to lead a team that can make something like this while he works on something else. I find it hard to believe that Ubisoft can develop three AC games concurrently and release them annually while Kojima Productions can only function if Hideo Kojima is standing in the room looking at them.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
09-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Quote:I really wanna see a epic battle between solid snake and naked snake, since now I know big bosses past.

Me too but like I've said before, make it a CG movie or something. Remaking the MG games will probably lead to a remake of MGS1 and that will lead to an endless series of stupid, eyewatering events that will tear existence apart.
Fuck the MG remakes and fuck the MGS movie. Kill two birds with one stone and make a CG Kojima directed movie of the Outer Heaven & Zanzibar events.

Quote:I liked twin snakes, I liked the extra depth in the fmv sequences.

Haaahahahahahahahahahah

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
09-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Guaranteed that none of those people are older than 18.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-05-2014, 03:37 PM
(09-05-2014 01:15 PM)Ex-President Wrote:  

Haaahahahahahahahahahah

LMFAO

Extra depth? Do they mean extra comedy?

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
09-05-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:44 PM by Solidsuitlarry.)
Jesus Christ I knew there was a reason I stayed off fucking Facebook and Reddit.

(09-05-2014 03:37 PM)Fight the Future Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 01:15 PM)Ex-President Wrote:  

Haaahahahahahahahahahah

LMFAO

Extra depth? Do they mean extra comedy?

I just watched Godzilla Final Wars (2004) It was directed by Ryuhei Kitamura (Twin Snakes) and It was the last Godzilla film up until the 2014 version. The reason for that is its by far the worst Godzilla film ever made, which is saying something in a series which includes "All Monsters Attack" !

It's clear that sonofabitch just wanted to make some matrix/xmen movie with the same kind of autistic fight sequences all his films have and not an actual Kaiju film so it hardly even qualifies as a monster movie. You think Godzilla didn't show up enough in Godzilla 2014? He gets fucking 12 minutes in Final Wars. The rest of the film is like a SyFy original Matrix ripoff.

Sorry but kept being reminded of it every time I hear about Twin Snakes and how much Kitamura fucked that up too. The man is a hack who got lucky with Versus & Azumi.

(09-05-2014 01:02 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Oh and this from Reddit:

Quote:I want it remade and I want a proper full game made using the FOX Engine or an updated modernized version made by the people who did Oddworld: New 'n Tasty.

"DERP, day dun dat one good platformer remake so of course they can do it to Metal Gear also"

Fucking pagans. The reason New & Tasty is so good is because it's more or less the EXACT SAME GAME they added a bunch more hidden sections but that's it. They didn't really create anything new for it or make it better, it's essentially a HD remaster.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)