Where is the big influx of Metal Gear fandom craziness?
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Where is the big influx of Metal Gear fandom craziness?
The last major internet meltdown was over MGS4. Of course since then many fans have left and websites have shutdown.

Then there was Peace Walker and the influx was mediocore at best. But now look at Rising and the influx is almost minor.

Of course a few new Metal Gear related website have emerged and the chatter surely has spreaded over the new social medias by now.

Do you think Ground Zeroes or every other related Metal Gear title will generate a comparable MGS4 buzz again, or have those times truely past?

The Times Wrote:
Punished Shinobi
A Member who lost his Past
[Image: 2r77bkm.jpg]
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM

PS4 MGS will garner some.

This will depend on whether Ground Zeroes is multi-gen. But we'll all be hyped for next-gen FOX Engine.

Though Ground Zeroes could create some crazy hype when a bigger blowout happens. If Kojima can keep his vision without censorship, it'll be even bigger.

Now that RISING is out, the hype train for Ground Zeroes should pick up around E3 if not earlier.
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM

Yea maybe it's the momentum of a new console that the MGS series needs.

MGS being the PSX title, MGS2 showing the power of PS2, MGS4 rocking the PS3, Ground Zeroes dominating PS4?
02-25-2013, 03:28 PM

ZOE 3 will hold us over if it comes out
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM

Well, from what I can tell, whatever "The Phantom Pain" is generated a lot of buzz. Was hoping Kojima would show up wearing a blonde wig at Sony's PS4 event, but oh well, maybe at E3.

Otacon: What's your situation?
Raiden: Wet and miserable.
[Image: 65132993053652116_4.gif]
02-25-2013, 05:33 PM

Why would people be all hyped up over a shitty game? That's like celebrating because Courtney Love took a booze-shit on your chest.

[Image: Sub-Zero.gif] [Image: sonicrunninggif1.gif] [Image: RyuRunningR.gif]
RAVI TRIED TO MOLEST US! RUN!!!

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM

I'm kinda hoping Ground Zeroes isn't multi-gen, and just a swan song for PS3/360.

I'm hoping Kojima can kick off the PS4 era with Z.O.E.3.

Z.O.E.3 would come with a trailer/demo for PS4 MGS6 obviously...
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM

I actually really like MGR, but I have to admit it's more of a side-sequel, i guess??? In the same way that Portable Ops and Peace Walker were basically smaller extension to Snake Eater, Rising is kind of an extension to Guns of the Patriots; it doesn't really have its' own visual identity. So much of the art and assets and tech are just recycled from MGS4, you know?

Also, the story is great but it takes itself much less seriously than usual MGS, so it's not something fanboys can really be confused or upset about. Like, when the final boss throws raiden into the air, kicks him into his giant metal gear like a football and an unseen crowd cheers while he says "Don't fuck with this senator!" I think that's the point where you just can't get in a fuss about the details, y'know?

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM

Gun Animal Wrote:I actually really like MGR, but I have to admit it's more of a side-sequel, i guess??? In the same way that Portable Ops and Peace Walker were basically smaller extension to Snake Eater, Rising is kind of an extension to Guns of the Patriots; it doesn't really have its' own visual identity. So much of the art and assets and tech are just recycled from MGS4, you know?

Also, the story is great but it takes itself much less seriously than usual MGS, so it's not something fanboys can really be confused or upset about. Like, when the final boss throws raiden into the air, kicks him into his giant metal gear like a football and an unseen crowd cheers while he says "Don't fuck with this senator!" I think that's the point where you just can't get in a fuss about the details, y'know?

Is that hyberbole or are you serious?
02-27-2013, 05:29 AM

He's admitting that he likes the game, yet pointing out some of it's flaws. What's the problem?

[Image: Sub-Zero.gif] [Image: sonicrunninggif1.gif] [Image: RyuRunningR.gif]
RAVI TRIED TO MOLEST US! RUN!!!

Overclockwise, the GIGANTIC fucking faggot, confirmed our suspicions when he Wrote:And if you ever dump your boyfriend, I'll take him.
02-27-2013, 05:48 AM

jdnation Wrote:I'm kinda hoping Ground Zeroes isn't multi-gen.

"Kinda"? Dude every multi-gen game from 2000 onwards that ever came out, sucked.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
02-27-2013, 12:55 PM

What are you talking about, look at all the new activity. Looking at all the latest threads I presume however that kitchens and interior design are a big them in the storyline of Rising....

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM

It should also be stated that Metal Gear also got a lot of hype and attention solely due to it's exclusivity nature to Sony platforms.

Shit, 50% of the discussion that kept MGS4 in the public eye prior to release was whether or not it would come to the Xbox 360.

Then 90% of the discussion after release was whether or not it would be ported to the 360.

Now that the series has gone multi-plat, there will be less fanboy generated hype.
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM

43rd President of the US Wrote:
jdnation Wrote:I'm kinda hoping Ground Zeroes isn't multi-gen.

"Kinda"? Dude every multi-gen game from 2000 onwards that ever came out, sucked.
I Don't know man, I think Blood Money was OK.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
02-28-2013, 02:36 AM

Hitman: Blood Money?
Well that technically doesn't count since the Xbox 360 is as powerful as a fat guy's dick on a cold day.

Unless you meant this:

[Image: Blood_Money_Coverart.png]

Everyone should just shut up for a second.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)