Whats with all the spam?
03-15-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 10:30 AM by solidbean.)
Whats with all the spam?
I don't like Ham, and i certainly hate spam, so why is there spam in my snake soup?

I ordered a Snake Soup and a roll, not spam soup and a kitchen

EDIT - Wait why when i say kitchen did it say Chinese, Soup had defiantly been on the Garys!!
03-15-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Whats with all the spam?
kitchen vance miller kitchens
03-15-2014, 03:00 PM
There has always been spam and the most we can do is ban the spamming accounts, spam their IPs, and make them look like idiots by adding certain words they like to use with other shit. I assumed some of them are from China so why not risk their lives as well?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-17-2014, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 02:38 AM by SolidSnarf86.)
A bigger question on my mind, is why is almost all of the spam about food preparation rooms? Like it's all about countertops, and refurbishments... Does something about a site called The Snake Soup immediately bring to mind the need for home remodeling?

Also I accidentally typed the other word and the things that were said in the word's place was hilarious...

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
03-17-2014, 03:11 AM
kitchen kitchen kitchen
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah the bots think this is a site about cooking food or some shit.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 11:36 AM by Snake_Plissken.)
(03-17-2014 11:15 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Yeah the bots think this is a site about cooking food or some shit.

Well it has soup in the name...

Speaking of which... I forgot where the name came from? Is it a reference to the Primordial Soup we all came from(In Theory)
03-17-2014, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 11:56 AM by Nike Schneider.)
I just didn't want it to be "METAL GEAR BLAH BLAH SITE" or whatever. Was thinking of "Venomous Cure" but that seemed too far up its own ass. "The Snake Bite" then was a working title, but I liked "Soup" because then its like "Chicken Soup for the Soul" or that E! show "The Soup." It just sounded better and gave off the impression we weren't all too serious. Kojima apparently likes our name.

03-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Kojima knows about this site? - I always thought we were the retards of the metal gear fandom?
03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Here's where he says it:

Here's the whole question in case you were interested:

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
03-18-2014, 06:07 AM
(03-17-2014 11:56 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  I just didn't want it to be "METAL GEAR BLAH BLAH SITE" or whatever. Was thinking of "Venomous Cure" but that seemed too far up its own ass. "The Snake Bite" then was a working title, but I liked "Soup" because then its like "Chicken Soup for the Soul" or that E! show "The Soup." It just sounded better and gave off the impression we weren't all too serious. Kojima apparently likes our name.

Yeah I can see why, there was already TUS and they were the ones that were too serious about everything. I remember the days of the civil war between the two sites. For some reason there were allot of TUS fanbois that honestly didn't like you for some reason. I think it was because they didn't understand the humor in the site or something... idk
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
(03-18-2014 06:07 AM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 11:56 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  I just didn't want it to be "METAL GEAR BLAH BLAH SITE" or whatever. Was thinking of "Venomous Cure" but that seemed too far up its own ass. "The Snake Bite" then was a working title, but I liked "Soup" because then its like "Chicken Soup for the Soul" or that E! show "The Soup." It just sounded better and gave off the impression we weren't all too serious. Kojima apparently likes our name.

Yeah I can see why, there was already TUS and they were the ones that were too serious about everything. I remember the days of the civil war between the two sites. For some reason there were allot of TUS fanbois that honestly didn't like you for some reason. I think it was because they didn't understand the humor in the site or something... idk

That was more like when Britain decided to send its army into Ireland, not much happened. Now the Soups actual Civil war, now that's where shit got fucked up, don't forget we were still getting over the Mod elections, European extreme mode and of course the sacrifice of them 72 europeans
03-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Either these bots nowadays are incredible, or they've read this thread and learned how to circumvent the joke... They're using an ! in place of i.

03-18-2014, 10:44 AM
the bots are really GW, AI has improved so much it can now replace letters for letters that look like a letter thats suppose to be there but it isnt the right letter!!! letter!!!
03-18-2014, 08:13 PM
What I wonder is why they even bother. It's not like any of us actually follow their stupid links (at least I hope none of us do), they get deleted right away, their posts get turned into dick jokes or some crazy Chinese conspiracy thing, so why bother? Then again, I guess there's some guys in China or India or wherever who do this for a job, and so their livelihood depends on it! Don't hate the spammers, they're just trying to put food in their family's mouths!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)