What the fuck is wrong with mission tasks?
09-09-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: What the fuck is wrong with mission tasks?
Yea. PW was a major grindfest. Too many AI battles / circuit boards, terrible emblem system, too many vehicle missions, etc.
09-10-2017, 03:05 AM
Co-op was neat.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-10-2017, 11:12 AM
(09-09-2017 05:46 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I got pretty sick of those things where you attack the tanks, helicopters, and such. My favorite missions were the ones where we had to sneak past enemies without getting seen, or recovering a certain guy, blowing something up, missions that are based on stealth, since that's the core of Metal Gear.

Too bad many of those missions were as straight forward as MGS1. Maybe even more straight forward. Yeah, there was PSP limitations and the graphics were pretty fucking decent for the console probably but I think I would've prefered a little larger open-ended level to the bunch of from-point-a-to-point-b-missions we got.

Do people remember the versus mode PW had? Never played it on PSP but on PS3 the longest matches I had were literately 10 seconds long.

Back to TPP, do people seriously think Raiden outfit is worth S-ranking all the missions?
09-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Yea. PW missions were too short. Also a lot of repeated areas. A lot of backtracking. E.G. going to the area with huts to find Chico. You went through there multiple times.

VS mode wasn't bad. It reminded me of MGS3 multiplayer. Too bad there wasn't much incentive to play vs mode. Unless going for emblems and some of the online trophies.

Mostly what I remember from PW was the horrible tank grinding. Trying to get S ranks solo and mp. And Kaz bitching about Motherbase being full. And then having to get rid of a bunch of people to get Kaz to stop bitching.

TPP Raiden outfit wasn't that great. Would have been if it had blade mode or the different swords from Revengeance.
09-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Well PW's short missions and smaller levels were made with the intentions of being a portable game.

It's too bad a lot of PW's variety was missing from MGSV.

Except for the parts where you fight multiple tanks and helis. They kept that stupid shit in.

Thankfully we had Quiet this time so I just hung back and told her to eliminate everyone.
09-13-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 06:10 PM by BigB0SS.)
PW wasn't a bad game. Plenty of fun to be had. Just horrible if you're into 100% a game.

Looks pretty sharp on PS3.

This reminds, I need to go back and play Portable Ops some time in the near future. Get a Vita and play it with the dual analog option.
09-14-2017, 04:45 AM
No. You really don't need to play Portable Ops. Ever.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Taking out tanks and such in TPP was way better, because they didn't take 50 missiles, and there was a lot more variety in the fights. I also liked how there were all those things to do on the map, but if you didn't feel like doing them right then, you could just move on. But if you were in the mood to just go around and do a bunch of them, or needed some quick GMP, you had that option. I know you all like to shit on TPP, but I thought the game was a lot of fun.
09-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:Well PW's short missions and smaller levels were made with the intentions of being a portable game.

It's not only that the levels are short but most of them are devoid of all fun. Hell, the hardest tank battles are far from short if you try to S-rank them and you don't have the bestest weapons and I don't know what bus ride or battery life lasts that long. On the other hand you have areas that you literately run past faster than you can load them.

Atleast you could sneak in TPP's tank missions.

Although there is no excuse for TPP's five or six different side missions that are just repeated over and over.
09-14-2017, 01:09 PM
(09-14-2017 10:47 AM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Taking out tanks and such in TPP was way better, because they didn't take 50 missiles...

The fag-o-tron pink ones did.

Fuck that game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-14-2017, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 10:26 PM by SexyKaz.)
I think the same also goes with that one fucking tank in "A Quiet Exit".

Quote: I know you all like to shit on TPP, but I thought the game was a lot of fun.
The core gameplay sure is very enjoyable and I even return to fuck around in the repetitive side ops but would I return to TPP in the same way as 1, 2, 3 and the classics? Unlikely.
09-17-2017, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 11:10 AM by jdnation.)
Well the Tank battles weren't for portable train commute play so much as to capitalize upon the 4 player local co op trend in Japan with Monster Hunter and the PSP.

Also imo Portable OPs is worth a fun playthrough if you can put up with the poor controls due to the PSP's lack of 2nd thumbpad. It's a game that'd benefit from a Vita port or mapping to the analog.

Konami should release a 'Not a Hideo Kojima Game' collection with OPs, Ac!d 1 and 2, Ghost Babel and Touch for the luls.
09-17-2017, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 12:24 PM by BigB0SS.)
I played PO back on PSP. But supposedly you can play a lot of PSP games on Vita. Heard PO was playable on Vita. I'd much rather have that second analog.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)