What the fuck is wrong with mission tasks?
09-06-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: What the fuck is wrong with mission tasks?
I sure as fuck am not.

Ground Zeroes was better.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-06-2017, 11:49 PM
It sure was, initially. Too bad the controls of TPP really makes it hard to return to Ground Zeroes's awkward controls.

Still, the atmosphere, setting and the fact you can't lightning-sprint out of every tense situation makes GZ's main mission feel way more MGS than most of TPP.
09-07-2017, 03:10 AM
Too bad there's no Box.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-07-2017, 04:33 PM
No stealth camo or infinity bandana on GZ either
09-07-2017, 07:25 PM
I never bothered with them anyway. Well, not the Bandana.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Kind of off-topic, but notice how MG lost it's "silliness" after MGS4? GZ and TPP just have a grittier feel. No Snake Vs. Monkey. No outlandish camos like banana. No skateboarding mode. Even the dialogue lacks the witty humor from the earlier titles. Even the older titles had that stuff edited out with HD collection.
09-08-2017, 05:56 PM
MGs1 was fairly serious. And all the humor felt dark and empty. It was perfect.

Ground Zeroes was the best Metal Gear since Solid 1 in that regard.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-09-2017, 12:43 AM
You can't possibly say that Peace Walker had no silliness in it.
09-09-2017, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 02:38 AM by SexyKaz.)
You could argue that TPP had as much silliness as the previous installments but things like chicken hat, horse poop and box poster models were pretty much spoiled during marketing. The impact of those gags was pretty lame after they were thoroughly explained.

Jokes in previous games (especially MGS1) worked because they were well hidden and did come out of the blue. TPP felt like Kojima had this need to dampen down the games serious tone with these silly gimmicks. Too bad they were pretty much all spoiled in 2014 or so.

I dunno. Every attempt of humor in TPP just feels like they were going "LOL WE R SO SILLE WE CAN DO FUNS IN GAEM TOO!½1½½!!"

What I'm saying is that the best humor comes from if you have a mono TV or not.

Quote:Kind of off-topic, but notice how MG lost it's "silliness" after MGS4? GZ and TPP just have a grittier feel. No Snake Vs. Monkey. No outlandish camos like banana. No skateboarding mode. Even the dialogue lacks the witty humor from the earlier titles.

Peace Walker did, however, had banana-gun, tank-box, ambulance-box, human slingshot, love box and a date which ended up banging either Kaz or Paz in the box, literetaly in every sense of the word.

Also, Big Boss believes in Santa Claus now. That is straight up canon.

Peace Walker, in many cases, felt a lot like a parody of a Metal Gear game.
09-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Forgot about PW. Perhaps there's a reason for that. But yeah, I'd have to agree PW was probably the most outlandish of all the MG.

How it went from PW to MGSV is beyond me. Completely outlandish to Completely too serious.
09-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Don't forget the ghosts!

I really think that Kojima just wanted to have fun with Peace Walker. There are so many optional missions that are pretty much like the weirdest missions from VR Missions.

But I think that Metal Gear 2 tops them all for being the actual funniest of the games. There are so many weird things in it, like the owl hooting making the soldier think it's night time, the snake eating your rations, poisonous rodents, it just goes on and on. What really makes all that humor work is that for the most part, the story is quite serious, so when these strange things come up, they break the tension of the story and gameplay.
09-09-2017, 12:00 PM
My favourite part is when the game goes full MacGyver mode and you have to neutralize deadly rat acid with chocolate.
09-09-2017, 04:36 PM
No silliness??? Whatchu talkin' about?

[Image: 0C189ECC65CEB3C79FC185D13CF668078EE2524E]

[Image: mgsv_fulton_jecking_by_patrickbrown-d98oujb.jpg]

[Image: f1f.gif]
09-09-2017, 05:24 PM
The pooyan and monster hunting missions were a nice break from tank busting.

(09-09-2017 04:36 PM)jdnation Wrote:  No silliness??? Whatchu talkin' about?

[Image: 0C189ECC65CEB3C79FC185D13CF668078EE2524E]

[Image: mgsv_fulton_jecking_by_patrickbrown-d98oujb.jpg]

[Image: f1f.gif]

Touche
09-09-2017, 05:46 PM
I got pretty sick of those things where you attack the tanks, helicopters, and such. My favorite missions were the ones where we had to sneak past enemies without getting seen, or recovering a certain guy, blowing something up, missions that are based on stealth, since that's the core of Metal Gear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)