What's wrong with 'monolithic' threads?
10-18-2010, 05:16 AM
What's wrong with 'monolithic' threads?
Today I logged on to The 'Soup and was most dissapointed to find two of my favorite threads locked...

I don't understand why either, I mean the Love and Hate threads are the most popular topics on this forum, there's over 12000 posts in the Hate thread alone.

Is anyone else pissed off by this?

Time Paradox
10-18-2010, 06:24 AM

With any luck, you read the new rules put into place last night.

Quote:C2) FORUM ETIQUETTE
No 1337, no stupid jokes about cheese, monkeys, how bored you are, and such. THE SNAKE SOUP IS NOT YOUR FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATE! Likewise, keep in mind that the moderators read your posts as you have posted them. Any typos are read as-is and if an "A" or "B" rule is violated, a warning will be issued! Posting under the influence is not an excuse!

These threads became basic versions of facebook and twitter updates.

I'd also like to refer you to:

Quote:C1) OWNERSHIP OF PRIVATE PROPERTY
Ravi Singh reserves the right to do anything he pleases on the forums.

Quote:C-Rules: Violations result in possible thread lockage and possibility of looking like an idiot.

Wink

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
An apathetic alcoholic with an appetite for alliteration.
10-18-2010, 07:01 AM

Congratulation squirrel cheeks ...you always wanted those threads locked. Must have finally had your way this time.
10-18-2010, 07:03 AM

I didn't write the rules, Ravi did.

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
10-18-2010, 07:09 AM

Right, i'm sure Ravi changing his mind all of a sudden had nothing to do with your fucking whinning. You always wanted those threads gone and more then once suggested locking them to Ravi on the forum ...I find it hard to believe you hadn't any input into it.
10-18-2010, 07:11 AM

So apparently according to you, Ravi reformed the rules because of me? Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM

Yes, because Ravi certainly never listened to his mods before. :roll: Hey ! Weren't you the one that said Ronok only gotten to be a Mod was because Mercury suggested it ? And why did Julia's sig got removed ? It's not like Ravi gave a shit before, he certainly didn't delete Daddy's sig or Josh's. No doubt it was because of you.

If I am wrong my apologise to you Ravi.
10-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:Yes, because Ravi certainly never listened to his mods before.

It's not that he never listened to his mods. There are long discussions in the staff only topic of Ravi owning the mods because of his right to do "whatever he wants with his personal property."

Quote:Hey ! Weren't you the one that said Ronok only gotten to be a Mod was because Mercury suggested it ?

Mercury Lemur chose to relinquish his position because he no longer wanted it. He suggested that Ronok take his place. Ravi agreed. So Ravi mad Ronok a mod. I had no say in it whatsoever. It was Ravi's own choice to give Ronok that position. Please refer to rule C1. And BTW I agree with Ronok's position.

Quote:And why did Julia's sig got removed? It's not like Ravi gave a shit before, he certainly didn't delete Daddy's sig or Josh's. No doubt it was because of you

It's true. Ravi is my puppet. I've actually been running this entire operation since 2003. Despite the fact I have no idea how to code PHPbb or entire websites.

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
10-18-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:Mercury Lemur chose to relinquish his position because he no longer wanted it. He suggested that Ronok take his place. Ravi agreed. So Ravi mad Ronok a mod. I had no say in it whatsoever. It was Ravi's own choice to give Ronok that position. Please refer to rule C1. And BTW I agree with Ronok's position.

I know this but it ain't what you said in the chat ..because according to you the reason was because mercury suggested it.

Quote:And BTW I agree with Ronok's position.

You certainly didn't in the chat.

I'm done with you and this place. And I don't think i'm the only one.
10-18-2010, 08:12 AM

MercuryLemur Wrote:I'm out.

Actually, I've been pretty absent for over a month with no desire to come back, so I'm just going to make it official. I'm leaving, and I have no plans at this time to return as a regular. If anyone needs to contact me, there's already a ton of ways to do so, but most efficient are either my mobile phone or MSN.

I suppose some might want an explanation? Well, this place just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think it was around the time I noticed the "Show Your Feet" thread that it hit me this place really isn't about conversation anymore, it's just a micro-Twitter.

If there's still a need for a moderator, I nominate Ronok to take my place.

Later, peeps.

Mercury's very post. The week after, Ronok was mod. I neither agreed or disagreed with this.

And IDK what you read, or believe you read, but I do agree with Ronok's position. He's around quite a bit and I believe he will fill the position well.

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
10-18-2010, 10:53 AM

Econs Wrote:
Quote:Yes, because Ravi certainly never listened to his mods before.

It's not that he never listened to his mods. There are long discussions in the staff only topic of Ravi owning the mods because of his right to do "whatever he wants with his personal property."

Quote:Hey ! Weren't you the one that said Ronok only gotten to be a Mod was because Mercury suggested it ?

Mercury Lemur chose to relinquish his position because he no longer wanted it. He suggested that Ronok take his place. Ravi agreed. So Ravi mad Ronok a mod. I had no say in it whatsoever. It was Ravi's own choice to give Ronok that position. Please refer to rule C1. And BTW I agree with Ronok's position.

Quote:And why did Julia's sig got removed? It's not like Ravi gave a shit before, he certainly didn't delete Daddy's sig or Josh's. No doubt it was because of you

It's true. Ravi is my puppet. I've actually been running this entire operation since 2003. Despite the fact I have no idea how to code PHPbb or entire websites.

Econs, you cunning, cunning bastard.

For what it's worth though, I agree with Alex=). I see why Ravi locked all the "monoliths", but I don't think he'll get what he wants out of it.

You can get
anything you want
at Alice's Restaurant.

Kinsoku Jiko Wrote:It must suck to be Adamant. I love you man
Sad Sad

2010 Best Newcomer-- Honorable Mention
(that's like a runner up but with all the bells and wistles attached, plus it sounds military) :thumbs: :thumbs:
Formspring
10-18-2010, 11:20 AM

He either expects actual discussions or a discussion to peter out .

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Give the new rules a chance. You can't complain about something after [what isn't even] one day. That's like making a cake, and giving up after mixing the ingredients. It may not taste good now, but after it's been cooked, it's gonna taste pretty fuckin' good if you know what I mean. Or not, maybe you bought some cheap ass ingredients. You never know if you don't try.

Quote:
PUNISHED JIKO
[Image: GIF_zps1a97fccb.gif]
10-18-2010, 01:28 PM

Econs Wrote:
MercuryLemur Wrote:I'm out.

Actually, I've been pretty absent for over a month with no desire to come back, so I'm just going to make it official. I'm leaving, and I have no plans at this time to return as a regular. If anyone needs to contact me, there's already a ton of ways to do so, but most efficient are either my mobile phone or MSN.

I suppose some might want an explanation? Well, this place just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think it was around the time I noticed the "Show Your Feet" thread that it hit me this place really isn't about conversation anymore, it's just a micro-Twitter.

If there's still a need for a moderator, I nominate Ronok to take my place.

Later, peeps.

Mercury's very post. The week after, Ronok was mod. I neither agreed or disagreed with this.

And IDK what you read, or believe you read, but I do agree with Ronok's position. He's around quite a bit and I believe he will fill the position well.

Why are you quoting merc's post !? Are you plain dumb or playing dumb ? I repeat once again, I know that Ravi didn't pick Ronok just on Merc's suggestion.

But you on the other hand said in the chat ..he was picked because Mercury suggested him when rest of the tits in the chat got on the subject that Ronok didn't deserve being a mod. And fucking no .. you didn't agree or you wouldn't have said that among the other things.
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Sure thing.

Quote:
PUNISHED ECONS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)