What console did yous play it on?
09-03-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: What console did yous play it on?
Good idea playing Ground Zeroes on eighth gen, because from the sound of things, MGSV is best experienced on PS4 or Xbone.

As for MGS4, I don't recall there being an option to change the color of the HUD. There's an option to choose font size, but last I checked (two years ago), the choices are either normal or larger.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Xbone version doesn't atmosphere simulation though. It's not really necessary but it adds to the atmosphere. Also it's 720p qand doesn't look as crisp as the PS4 version. Still nice that it's 60 FPS
09-03-2014, 04:07 PM
The fuck's atmosphere simulation? Big Boss burns up on reentry or some shit?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-04-2014, 05:00 AM
It's basically a more realistic approach to rendering skies as apposed to using a static skybox that all the other versions use and it's only available on the PS4 version. Finally got a PS4 and a copy and the difference is night and day.
09-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Is there a comparison video somewhere of the skies on ps3 to ps4?

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
It must be a considerable difference since I didn't notice it whatsoever at all ever. Yay!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2014, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 08:48 AM by Tanooki.)

That's the best I can find. On the destroy the anti air guns mission, if you look closely, you can see clouds moving across the sky on the PS4 version. Also, what the fuck is up with the pop in on PS4? Not near as bad as PS3/360 but still noticeable. I thought the current gen versions were spared of this?
09-04-2014, 08:53 AM
They probably built the game for PS3 and then portit to every other system.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, which has me worried about the technical bugs Phantom Pain is going to have. Porting anything from PS3 to something else is the most ass backwards way of doing anything. The PS4 and XB1 are built on the x86 architecture like most modern PC's. Using either of these as the lead platform would have been much more economical, not to mention they'd be able to use more of the systems' power. The last gen ports should have then been handed off to be downgraded in order to work on the PS3's bullshit Cell architecture, which by all accounts is a nightmare to work with, and the 360's PowerPC architecture.

I don't care how much Kojima touted that PS4 or XB1 were the lead platform. That would make the pop-in issues downright unacceptable. Those of us playing on new gen consoles are playing a game restricted by decade old hardware limitations.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
09-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Pop-in isn't a big deal for me, but the bugs and shitty design choices are. They're my main concern when it comes to Phantom Pain. I'm also not looking forward to see how much more Loljima can fuck up his own story and past canon, but I've been dealing with that for over a decade.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2014, 11:09 PM
(09-04-2014 08:48 AM)Tanooki Wrote:  

That's the best I can find.

And yeah this last gen multiplatform shit is going to really bug me next year where every PS4 game looks like it was designed for PS3 but now has a shinier coat of paint.

09-05-2014, 08:47 AM
(09-04-2014 11:09 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  And yeah this last gen multiplatform shit is going to really bug me next year where every PS4 game looks like it was designed for PS3 but now has a shinier coat of paint.
That's something I've been thinking about recently, too; BF4 should serve as a prime example, because though that game is available for eighth-gen, in some ways it still looks seventh-gen, with the only real difference being that for eighth-gen the graphics are somewhat improved and it's 60fps. But, this can be said about a lot of PS4 launch titles that were also to be sold for seventh-gen.

The Phantom Pain has already been decided years prior to be released to both generations. This could mean that "MGSV isn't a next-generation game", since evidently the previous generation of consoles can handle the game (despite apparent reports of game crashes on the PS3 version, at least one report I heard). If MGSV were truly a next-gen game, they wouldn't bother with previous generation porting, because the game was built in such a way that the previous generation simply couldn't handle it, even if sacrifices were made. But, I look forward to being proven wrong with this claim, especially since I don't know if, say, PS3 & PS4 dev-kits are worlds different from each other. For now, though, I can understand people's claims about how "Oh the PS4 is just an upgraded PS3," or such....upgraded in terms of game playability, anyway, since the PS4 dashboard is missing a lot of nice features the PS3's XMB had.

Anyway, true eighth-gen games are probably still a ways off. But there might also be a desire for profit, hence why games are ported to both generations.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
09-05-2014, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:06 PM by Solidsuitlarry.)
Can you imagine MGS4 made so that it could run on PS2 as well? Christ Confused

That's what worries me. It's all about dollars and cents. I used to say that we wouldn't start seeing true 8th gen games til 2015 but now i'm thinking it'll be more like 2016.

And even then fucking Rise of the Tomb Raider which won't be out til xmas 2015 (and beyond) is apparently designed for PS3/360 also. What the fuck!?

09-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Honestly though, at this point, how much more advanced can games get? Shy of actually plugging a cable into your head and being part of the game, I can't see consoles or even PCs getting much more advanced than they are now.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Graphix I don't really care about but bigger environments and less load times and all that jazz THAT is the cheese.

Like Arkham Knight, looks like that'll be a true 8th gen game.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)