Venom Snake?
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Venom Snake?
[Image: J8nT3pp.jpg]

So now he's Venom Snake, instead of Punished Snake?

How many codenames is this guy going to have?
06-09-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Venom Snake?
Black Arts Viper is going to be pissed that he's not the only poisonous snake anymore.
06-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Why is zeke and pacifica ocean being treated like chopped liver
06-09-2014, 10:48 PM
I can't read this image, is there a bigger version anywhere? what's the source on this?

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
06-10-2014, 01:06 AM
(06-09-2014 10:48 PM)Punished Animal Wrote:  I can't read this image, is there a bigger version anywhere? what's the source on this?

Official site. This is the original resolution, so tough luck.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/progress/index.php5
06-10-2014, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 04:44 AM by Ex-President.)
In his Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes appearances it calls him "Snake" with "BIG BOSS" written under that.
Venom Snake is not Big Boss? Fuck. Here we go again.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
06-10-2014, 04:27 AM
(06-10-2014 04:03 AM)Punished President Wrote:  In the his Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes appearances it calls him "Snake" with "BIG BOSS" written under that.
Venom Snake is not Big Boss? Fuck. Here we go again.

Punished Snake =/= Venom Snake? Looks like the theorists were right, this image might be true.
[Image: gHCfsU3.jpg]
06-10-2014, 04:42 AM
I just hope they don't miss the opportunity to show Big Boss' evil turn by having a plot twist in the end that reveals "You haven't been playing as BB the whole time".

06-10-2014, 04:51 AM
They decided that Venom Snake was cooler than Punished Snake. There isn't going to be some "there are 2 big bosses lololololol" that'd be stupid. It's just a revision. /thread
06-10-2014, 04:53 AM
I'm torn between liking Venom Snake and Punished Snake. Both of them are cool names.
06-10-2014, 04:54 AM
By this logic Snake has different color hair in MGS and MGS2 and so is not the same person.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
06-10-2014, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 05:17 AM by Ex-President.)
(06-10-2014 04:51 AM)Tanooki Wrote:  They decided that Venom Snake was cooler than Punished Snake. There isn't going to be some "there are 2 big bosses lololololol" that'd be stupid. It's just a revision. /thread

Let's hope you're right. I never believed the body double theories but now I'm beginning to worry.

As for the name, I don't know, both are cool. I think I prefer Punished Snake cause it can fit in with the whole sexual innuendo tradition of the series.

EDIT:
Wait a fucking second. "V has come to" & "Venom awakens" are clearly the same thing, and the "V has come to" line has appeared in trailers before the "Punished Snake" nickname. So I don't see it being a placeholder that changed.

06-10-2014, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 05:21 AM by Victor Katilis.)
Mass forum nickname change incoming.

But honestly, if they will have enough balls for this twist - man this would absolve all of Kojima's sins post-2006.
But honestly, 'Punished Snake' brought too many BDSM connotations.
Quote:How many codenames is this guy going to have?
How many doomed-to-fail PMCs is he gonna end up creating from scratch?
Man, Naked Snake cannot into start-ups.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
06-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Now we know who the 'V' is...

He has come!

[Image: 518.png]
06-10-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 11:56 AM by Daggamuffin.)
This is probably not the case, but I had a weird thought after seeing Big Boss being all buddy buddy with Skullface in the trailer.

In Ground Zeroes, Skullface never refers specifically to Big Boss. While talking to Chico, he specifically says "Your Boss," which could also refer to Kaz. He also says that he and Chico's boss go way back. We know that when Big Boss and Kaz met, they were on opposite sides of a war. And up until Peace Walker, Big Boss had been affiliated with the US Government. Skullface and his troops also appear to be American. What if the attack on Mother Base was meant by Skullface to be an attack on Kaz rather than Big Boss. If Kaz had something to do with Skullface's injuries prior to him and Big Boss meeting and teaming up, then he'd have a reason to hate him. By that point, Kaz had also revealed to Big Boss that he had betrayed him and was affiliated with Cipher throughout Peace Walker.

Then there's the whole "START TALKING, BITCH" thing. At the beginning of Ground Zeroes, Kaz was convinced that it was just a UN inspection that was taking place. Upon getting into the helicopter he immediately knows Paz was involved. How would he know that? The soldiers attacking Mother Base were in completely different attire than those at Camp Omega. He would have had to see Skullface on Mother Base to know who was attacking them. Not to mention the "just in time" rescue of Kaz. What if Skullface had planned for Mother Base to be completely under water by the time Big Boss got back but things went awry?

[Image: 29m69uq.jpg]
And here's Big Boss escaping the hospital with none of the scars on the left side of his face or ear. The Big Boss escaping the hospital is the real deal. They haven't actually shown this Snake talking yet, only the scarred up one. I didn't believe any of these theories before now, but something is definitely up with this.

Edit: Also, I noticed that the non-scarred Big Boss has the traditional mullet. The scarred one has the ponytail.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)