Twin Snakes is infected...
01-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Twin Snakes is infected...
Somebody contact the W.H.O.! It's Disc Art-Die!

Do you have Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes? Good, check your discs please
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-...ase.15624/

[Image: ul1uZjc.jpg]

[Image: Bba3vee.jpg]

[Image: s1Dc.jpg]

[Image: t1Dc.jpg]

[Image: SDa41dfl.jpg]

[Image: 20180111_081158.jpg]
01-11-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Twin Snakes is infected...
The ex has my copy.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-15-2018, 03:43 PM
My dog chewed up my copy about eight or nine years ago. I was upset, yes, but years alter when I heard about this little homebrew app for both Wii and Wii U called Nintendont, it made up for it alone.

If I was a collector, however, I would have been devastated and, I dunno, killed my dog like a mentally ill autist.

Who the fuck even reads signatures these days? Oh right...
01-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Twin Snakes sucks anyway, literally the only improvement is they gave Meryl sexier underwear.
01-15-2018, 08:41 PM
NO WAY D00D TWIN SNAKZ IS THE REEL VERZUN CUZ OF DA BETTUR GRAFIX!!!!!!
01-15-2018, 10:54 PM
I don't mind that Twin Snakes exists. It's an amusing little package.

But to suggest in any way that it's the definitive version of MGS1???

Y'all crazy!
01-16-2018, 06:43 AM
The shittastic cutscenes and insanely boring music that starts up as soon as you leave the Tank Hanger aside, I was just annoyed at how incredibly buggy the game was, how broken the difficulty was, and how little content it packed.

If it wasn't so obviously rushed, I'd like it a lot more.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-16-2018, 12:08 PM
(01-15-2018 06:36 PM)Higharolla Kockamamie Wrote:  Twin Snakes sucks anyway, literally the only improvement is they gave Meryl sexier underwear.
Maybe, but I've seen action figures that have prettier face than Meryl in TTS.
01-16-2018, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 01:40 PM by Canucklehead.)
The McFarlane Meryl always looked like she likes anal. She just had that face, y'know?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-16-2018, 12:37 PM
No. Sounds like something you made up.
01-16-2018, 01:42 PM
You'll get an eye for someday. It's easy to spot, like a bad Poker tell.

:D

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-16-2018, 03:39 PM
(01-16-2018 12:08 PM)SexyKaz Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 06:36 PM)Higharolla Kockamamie Wrote:  Twin Snakes sucks anyway, literally the only improvement is they gave Meryl sexier underwear.
Maybe, but I've seen action figures that have prettier face than Meryl in TTS.

And that's one of the big problems with TTS, the graphics are better in a "technical" sense but really aren't in a purely aesthetic way, sure the character models faces have eyes now, but they've always looked "off model" to me, Meryl included, frankly I kinda hate the character models, the impression you get of the characters from Yoji Shinkawa's art, including their faces in the Codec, is much better than those off model ones in TTS.

See, back in the old days games relied on your imagination to compensate for the limits of graphics at the time, when you look at the characters in the PS1 version of MGS1 in your minds eye you're supposed to see Shinkawa's art, which is much better than those lame off model characters models.

But I don't want to deemphasize how much sexier Meryl's panties are, because it really is a vast improvement over the first game's, check out this vid for proof.

But when TTS one big claim of total improvement over the original is a pair of panties, you know it's a shoddy remake.

01-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Well I personally also appreciate the improvements for her legs.

[Image: meryl_silverburgh_by_ninjakitsune.png]
01-16-2018, 08:23 PM
(01-16-2018 03:39 PM)Higharolla Kockamamie Wrote:  And that's one of the big problems with TTS, the graphics are better in a "technical" sense but really aren't in a purely aesthetic way, sure the character models faces have eyes now, but they've always looked "off model" to me, Meryl included, frankly I kinda hate the character models, the impression you get of the characters from Yoji Shinkawa's art, including their faces in the Codec, is much better than those off model ones in TTS.

See, back in the old days games relied on your imagination to compensate for the limits of graphics at the time, when you look at the characters in the PS1 version of MGS1 in your minds eye you're supposed to see Shinkawa's art, which is much better than those lame off model characters models.

Did you know that in early planning stages for MGS2, they were planning on having models that looked like Shinkawa's art? You can see the model for Snake in The Document of MGS2. It didn't look very good really though, and I prefer what we got in the final version of MGS2.
01-16-2018, 09:40 PM
(01-16-2018 04:26 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Well I personally also appreciate the improvements for her legs.

Oh for sure, but then on the opposite end of the spectrum they totally dropped the ball on Sniper Wolf, it looks like she has no cleavage and there's the weird faces again

Nice fan art by the way..

(01-16-2018 08:23 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  
(01-16-2018 03:39 PM)Higharolla Kockamamie Wrote:  

Did you know that in early planning stages for MGS2, they were planning on having models that looked like Shinkawa's art? You can see the model for Snake in The Document of MGS2. It didn't look very good really though, and I prefer what we got in the final version of MGS2.

Yes, I've seen that.

Didn't look very good as you said, but was an interesting idea.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)