Things I haven't bothered using yet.
10-09-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Things I haven't bothered using yet.
I believe Kojima was primarily worried about clutter and complaints that there were too many items. The backpack system in MGS3 resolved that well enough in my opinion.

There is indeed a nice challenge to only using what you have on hand. But this gets messed-up in scripted scenarios where you are forced to go into action. The missions where they literally provide you a weapon suitable to the task are all well and good. But at other times, it's a pain in the ass calling in a weapon drop.

The other issue is that the horse ought to be classed as a buddy/vehicle, that way you can have the horse to get around on as well as your dawg/sniper-girl. So that you are not lacking for moving around that freaking map quickly. Being on-foot sucks. And any other solution costs GMP, and given the box travel doesn't count as a checkpoint, they screwed that up too.
10-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Deploying with a jeep costs nothing, fyi

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Oh? But when you get back on the ACC or leave it behind somewhere, is that Jeep still in your cache of stuff to re-deploy later? Or do I have to re-fulton it to return it back to base?
10-09-2015, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 09:57 AM by Repugnance.)
It automatically gets retrieved when you exit to acc.
10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Okay, well that makes things a heck of a lot easier.

By exit to ACC, that means both ways (menu shortcut and actually getting on at the LZ)?
10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Yep .
10-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Yeah, you cant really do missions without deploying with one. Even d-horse sucks, only used him until I got the ability to fulton vehicles.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-09-2015, 11:40 AM
One thing I can guarantee is that I have never used the Chicken Hat. In fact, I didn't like how the option was brought up in one of those missions where I kept dying; I wanted to get right back into it and then this message pops up like "Equip the Chicken Hat?" and I have to click the X button again.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
10-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Alright then that's awesome to know, and will make life a lot easier.

The advantage of the horse is that it's easier to stealth past outposts and camps, whereas while you can go offroad with the jeep, at certain times you're going to get spotted.

Yeah I too have turned down the chicken hat. Not that I get that many high ranks on missions all the time, but I just want to avoid the cheat.
10-09-2015, 03:25 PM
(10-09-2015 11:45 AM)jdnation Wrote:  The advantage of the horse is that it's easier to stealth past outposts and camps

The whole, leaning to one side thing never worked for me, still ended up getting spotted a bunch. Now I just drive through outposts and ignore everyone.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Quote:The advantage of the horse is that it's easier to stealth past outposts and camps
You might wanna try a tank.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-11-2015, 08:15 PM
(10-09-2015 11:40 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  One thing I can guarantee is that I have never used the Chicken Hat. In fact, I didn't like how the option was brought up in one of those missions where I kept dying; I wanted to get right back into it and then this message pops up like "Equip the Chicken Hat?" and I have to click the X button again.

Same here as I too refused to wear the chicken hat but because I'm impatient & want to get back into missions quickly, I didn't pay enough attention & ended up selecting it before going into the menu to turn it off. I mean, yeah it's pretty funny & all but I wanna play the way you were meant to instead of the pussy way.
10-18-2015, 07:33 PM
You can parry the Skull attacks? Well, that's good to know...

10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
It's only useful as a defense against armored skulls considering it does piss for damage.
10-20-2015, 04:55 AM
So fucking sad this shit is. Lol why whould you bother parrying if you have regenerating health?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)