Things I haven't bothered using yet.
10-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Things I haven't bothered using yet.
So the game provides a lot, but it seems like a case of too much so far without much use for me, at least not yet.

I have never had much use for any high powered rifles or machine guns.

I have never upgraded any of the prosthetic arms outside of one that allows you to move faster.

I have never once used the Phantom Cigar. I just prefer to keep playing in real time regardless of the time of day.

D-Walker is shitty.

I haven't developed a lot of shit and prefer to save my money for Mother Base upgrades, or just improving on my tranq, my sniper rifles, and other support stuff.

Sometimes I develop stuff just for the fuck of it given I have a lot of GMP saved.

What does suck is having low resources of other things like fuel. Why isn't there an economy system where I can buy/sell resources? Similar to how Drebin points worked where it went up or down based on demand? But I guess Konami figured this would make the wait times less problematic and would prefered to have us buy it directly from them.
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Things I haven't bothered using yet.
(10-05-2015 12:00 PM)jdnation Wrote:  What does suck is having low resources of other things like fuel. Why isn't there an economy system where I can buy/sell resources? Similar to how Drebin points worked where it went up or down based on demand? But I guess Konami figured this would make the wait times less problematic and would prefered to have us buy it directly from them.
Well, I guess that's your economy system right there.
10-05-2015, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:58 PM by Victor Katilis.)
I've never bothered using fulton upgrades up until today - that thing is OP even in its default state.
Quote:D-Walker is shitty.
It is pretty OP when you equip it with an intercept head.
I also recorded this today.

Would be brilliant if the entire concept wasn't so retarded though.
It handles like shit too.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Yeah driving it around it the worst. The Fulton launcher is boss though. I'm going to look into developing that. Would come in handy for that caravan mission.
10-05-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 02:40 PM by Victor Katilis.)
It's not even the fact that it shudders whenever it bumps into something or starts sliding erratically whenever it lands after a jump - it is the retarded arbitrary bullshit where you have to sit through the entire recovery animation for any further input to register. Whoever thought it was a good idea should get his fucking fingers cut off so that he never programs anything again.

The only thing that pisses me off more is the way it completely changes stick sensitivity under braking.

Shit programming is shit.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-05-2015, 03:30 PM
(10-05-2015 12:00 PM)jdnation Wrote:  So the game provides a lot, but it seems like a case of too much so far without much use for me, at least not yet.

Welcome to MGS2 and every game in the series that followed.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-05-2015, 03:37 PM
(10-05-2015 12:00 PM)jdnation Wrote:  I have never had much use for any high powered rifles or machine guns.

You'll want one for the few bullet sponge enemies the game has that have no real viable strategy to defeat them beyond doing as much damage as possible.

Alternatively you could just use a gun emplacement I guess.

The only positive I can say is that they're at least not as bullshit as the tanks from Peace Walker that take something like 20 supply drops to wreck.
10-05-2015, 07:54 PM
To be fair, you were supposed to fight those with three other dudes, maxed equipment everywhere.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-05-2015, 08:02 PM
I presume you mean the Skulls? yeah I keep my rockets upgraded too. Fuck those guys.

I kinda want to go back to where we keep all our shit in our pocket, instead of this limited capacity realistic crap.

We have wormholes now, don't tell me that isn't possible. If I can wormhole shit back to base, then they should be able to wormhole me weapons then and there, instead of being caught with my pants down.
10-05-2015, 08:03 PM
I'll still bitch about the fact that there's around 70 of the damn things.
10-08-2015, 08:03 PM
I bought this game like a week ago, and haven't even bothered to use the "open the blu-ray case and play the game" option yet, lol.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-08-2015, 09:15 PM
I haven't bothered with the whole "buy the game" yet.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-09-2015, 04:09 AM
(10-08-2015 09:15 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  yet.

Implying you're ever going to...?

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-09-2015, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 06:16 AM by Dr. Clark.)
(10-05-2015 08:02 PM)jdnation Wrote:  I presume you mean the Skulls? yeah I keep my rockets upgraded too. Fuck those guys.

I kinda want to go back to where we keep all our shit in our pocket, instead of this limited capacity realistic crap.

We have wormholes now, don't tell me that isn't possible. If I can wormhole shit back to base, then they should be able to wormhole me weapons then and there, instead of being caught with my pants down.

A decent and logic option would be to have vehicles and buddies (horse and walker) carrying extra stuff.

And while at the issue, some might say it would raise issues and old fashioned but it was a nice add if we could capture wolfes and horses and use them as bombs. Romans used pigs and dogs, in WWII there were dolphins and yet again dogs.
It would be a way of giving us options and choices, more so that we are not playing as BB, so in a way we could make a difference.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
10-09-2015, 06:29 AM
(10-05-2015 08:02 PM)jdnation Wrote:  ...

Yeah, it's like they invented the invisible infinity backpack/pocket sometime before 1964, then uninvented it for a couple of decades, then reinvented it again sometime before 2005 (or sometime before 1995, if you count the first Metal Gear, but I recall there being limited weapons and ammo in that game too. It's been a while.).

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)