These "Sneaking Suits" suck
07-22-2014, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 06:37 AM by Canucklehead.)
These "Sneaking Suits" suck
The one in MGS1 wasn't awful, and MGS2's Tanker suit was okay, but every "Sneaking Suit" from MGS2's Plant right up until now are terrible. Especially the one in Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes. The SEAL outfit Plisken wore, and Naked Snake's combats were cool because they were general soldier-wear, like in MG1 & 2.

Hopefully, Phantom Pain has less retarded/homo-erotic outfits. Or at the VERY least, they stop adding fucking red and orange to what they refer to as a "Sneaking Suit." When I go out on recce, I don't don Hockey padding-over-spandex, covered in strips of aluminum foil and orange expansion foam, and no "Legendary" Soldier would either. Plus a boonie hat. Big Boss should ditch the bandana (He looked best during Virtuous Mission, no doubt!), since that's a Solid Snake thing, and switch to just the eye-patch and a boonie. Shit would look TIGHT!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-22-2014, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 07:18 AM by Punished Pastry.)
RE: These "Sneaking Suits" suck
I could not stand the peacewalker outfit. It's the fucking pauldron. Why is that there?

I don't think a "Legendary" soldier could be taken seriously with a boonie hat/ponytail combo

Hopefully we will be able to do some sort of customizing in TPP.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-22-2014, 07:36 AM
That's another thing...the hair. Snake's mullet was okay in MGS2 because of the gruffier look, but it should have ended there. Snake should have had shorter hair in MGS4, and Big Boss should have lost the longer hair after Virtuous Mission.

Short hair with eyepatch and some face-cam under a boonie hat...man, I'd fuck Big Boss at that point. The only reason they don't give these game characters the proper headwear is because it obscures their face. Realistically, Raiden, Snake & Big Boss should be wearing Body Armour & Helmets on every operation outside of N313, F014, the Tanker Chapter & Virtuous Mission, as those were the only strictly-recon operations.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Well, given the Virtous Mission and Operation Snakeeater take place a week inbetween eachother, I can't imagine his hair grew that much.

And yes, for MGS4 snake, they should have at the very least given him a full beard instead of that horrible moustache. I remember hearing that you were going to be able to choose snakes facial hair... one of many things SAID about MGS4 that never happened.

Sometimes I lay awake at night, with a bottle of JD in one hand and a copy of MGS4 in the other and cry about what could have been.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-22-2014, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 08:11 AM by Canucklehead.)
His 'stache I could live with. But the mullet, ESPECIALLY when it sticks out of the back of the mask, is just terrible.

No clue what the week between Snake Eater & Virtuous Mission has to do with anything - I said Big Boss should have cut his hair between ops.

And ESPECIALLY at the end of Snake Eater, when he's wearing his dress uniform - strict regulations. He'd have to have short tapered hair and been either clean shaven, or with a 'stache that "does not extend past the corners of the mouth." Even Special Forces have to abide by these regulations while in garrison & especially on parade and in dress garb.

Fuck MGS3.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Ah, I mis-read that. Yeah I never understood why Snakes hair stuck out in the back of the mask. I feel like it was kojima giving it a bit of a personal touch because with the mask on, he looks slightly generic possibly?

Well, with MGS3, people wanted snake so he gave them snake. Guess it's one of thoes, "just go with it" kind of things in terms of his hair Tongue

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Snake had short hair in every Metal Gear up until Solid 2. Why the shitty mullet caught on so hard really baffles me. I mean, yeah, Snake's was okay in MGS2, but why the fuck does every main character have to have long flowing locks all of a sudden? It's so fucking dumb.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 08:37 AM
It probably applies the same way as names do in the series, it's "whatever sounds good to the japanese ear."

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Ha ha, yeah, because mullets look hella-good on an Asian man!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 09:53 AM
The only thing I have a problem with is the bright bands of color. The gameplay demo from TPP this years shows Big Boss back in the Tiger Stripe fatigues from Snake Eater which I like much better. Much more realistic. The GZ suit is a little outrageous.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
07-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, and it is the same one from Peace Walker, I'm pretty sure (which makes sense), which was based on the one from MGS3.

Those bright bands definitely ruin the suit completely, particularly since it's supposed to be for stealth. But the suit itself is dumb too; looks like a high-G flight suit, and then they have old Vietnam-era webbing overtop to carry his gear, which looks especially odd. Imagine if MGS4 Snake's "Command Vest" was an early '90s infantry rig instead overtop that super high-tech optic-camouflage suit. So fucking dumb.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 12:26 PM
They gotta have those tight ass close ups.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
07-22-2014, 12:56 PM
My ass in Underarmor looks better than Snake's ass.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 08:34 PM
(07-22-2014 06:33 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The one in MGS1 wasn't awful, and MGS2's Tanker suit was okay, but every "Sneaking Suit" from MGS2's Plant right up until now are terrible. Especially the one in Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes.

Am I gay for liking the Boss's...when the Boss wears it?
07-23-2014, 02:30 AM
That stupid, white, high-G flught suit with the strips of aluminum foil along the arms & legs, and random audio cords connecting the biceps to the pecks?

Yeah, pretty gay.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)