These "Sneaking Suits" suck
10-26-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: These "Sneaking Suits" suck
(10-26-2015 02:31 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Theme of Tara.

Ahh, I thought it had something to do with VR training.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-26-2015, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 04:45 PM by Canucklehead.)
It was the main tune from MG1, and they reused it for MGS1's VR training.

Same with music from MG2. Tara was used for the Sneaking missions, and Frequency was used for the SOCOM missions. And when VR Missions came out, they used more redeux tunes from MG2. I'm not sure if more than just Tara made it from MG1 though, but it had very few tracks anyway.

...have you even played the originals? You keep saying you have, yet you're always perplexed by anything that has anything to do with them.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-26-2015, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 05:16 PM by Victor Katilis.)
I've only now got to playing the VR missions proper (as in not on PC). Got a PAL version and a Slim PS2 that can actually play it.

But man, not knowing Theme of Tara is flat out criminal. Also, MG1 intro doodle (operation intrude N313) is used in the beginning of each mission on the VR disk. And game over theme is 'Just another dead soldier'.

The rest is MG2 redux and remixes of MGS1 tunes. Though I think the Mystery mission is from Snatcher or P-nauts.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-26-2015, 05:33 PM
No, Mystery is from MG2's sewer, I believe.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-26-2015, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 05:46 PM by Victor Katilis.)
I derped. It IS from MG2, the track name is 'Shallow' and is used during the Minefield/Swamp sections.
The tune is Snatcher'esque though. That little glockenspiel got me confused.

My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-26-2015, 06:44 PM
(10-26-2015 04:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  ...have you even played the originals? You keep saying you have, yet you're always perplexed by anything that has anything to do with them.

Yes I have, but I only played them once each, because I played them in Subsistence, and when you're so used to being guided through the levels, and being able to call people via codec whenever you need help, etc, going back to not being able to do that makes the games much harder imo. After a while of backtracking the levels 30-40 times each to figure out what I needed to do, I eventually just wipped out walkthroughs to tell me where the hell to go. At that point, I didn't really care about the gameplay anymore, and just wanted the story.

And I mentioned VR missions (I meant the ones that came with MGS1, as I never had the standalone version) because when I copied "Theme of Tara" into youtube to hear it, the first video that popped up was from MGS1's VR missions, and it reminded me of where I heard it (as I played MGS1 like 20+ times). I probably wouldn't remember a song from the first two games if you played it for me and told me where it was from.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-26-2015, 06:58 PM
(10-26-2015 06:44 PM)JohnnySasaki20 Wrote:  ...when you're so used to being guided through the levels, and being able to call people via codec whenever you need help, etc, going back to not being able to do that...

...so you've never played them then? Rog!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-26-2015, 07:44 PM
If you're insinuating that because I used walkthroughs to get the games over faster, that I therefore never played them, then sure.

10-26-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 08:21 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Just admit it sucka. You watched a walkthrough on youtube.

My vision is augmented ©
10-26-2015, 10:00 PM
(10-26-2015 08:20 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  Just admit it sucka. You watched a walkthrough on youtube.

Nice try.

........not.

10-26-2015, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 10:45 PM by Victor Katilis.)
JonnnySasaki20 confirmed for being a let's play scrub.

My vision is augmented ©
10-27-2015, 05:46 AM
MG1 and MG2 played without walkthrough master race [email protected]

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-27-2015, 10:44 AM
(10-26-2015 07:44 PM)JohnnySasaki20 Wrote:  If you're insinuating that because I used walkthroughs to get the games over faster, that I therefore never played them, then sure.

Actually, I'm correctly pointing out that the features you claim the newer games have that aren't in the older games are in fact definitely in the older games, backing up my querries as to whether or not you've ever actually played them, or merely claiming to have played them in order to now sound like a noobie twat on a Metal Gear site, no differently then asking if you've played them based on your general lack of knowledge on them.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-27-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 01:31 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(10-27-2015 10:44 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 07:44 PM)JohnnySasaki20 Wrote:  If you're insinuating that because I used walkthroughs to get the games over faster, that I therefore never played them, then sure.

Actually, I'm correctly pointing out that the features you claim the newer games have that aren't in the older games are in fact definitely in the older games, backing up my querries as to whether or not you've ever actually played them, or merely claiming to have played them in order to now sound like a noobie twat on a Metal Gear site, no differently then asking if you've played them based on your general lack of knowledge on them.

Um, I remember there being codec, but I don't remember being able to just call someone up at will for advice like you can in the newer games (although ironically it isn't even needed in the newer games). That's why I went and printed out walkthroughs, because I would leave the game, and then come back and have no fucking clue as to what I was supposed to do, or where the hell I was supposed to go. The walkthroughs told you, in a script like format, what the fuck you should be doing at any given time.

Much faster, and much less backtracking the whole level 20 times to find that one door you couldn't find.

What's more, Victor suggested that I had just watched a "walkthrough" on youtube of the games. I wonder, how would I know more about the songs/gameplay in the games if I had played them vs watching someone else play them on youtube? I would have ended up hearing and seeing the exact same things. Your point doesn't even make sense.

Also realise, this was late 2005-early 2006. Almost 10 years ago exactly. Youtube wasn't as big back then, and probably didn't even have video walkthroughs of MG and MG2 on it. If it did, I actually probably would have done that instead (hell, I did that for the first half of MGSV). It was a chore playing those games. I really didn't want to play them(hence why I only ever played them once), but I was bored and just wanted some backstory to MGS1.

Like I said, you guys can believe I didn't play them all you want. I'm just telling you how it went down. Why I would care if some nobody on the internet believed if I played a game 10 years ago is beyond me. Frankly, I'd rather be the Metal Gear "newb" that only played MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 and PO, than the nerd who gets his panties in a twist over whether or not someone played a 28 year old video game(s). -_-

10-27-2015, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 02:49 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Quote:What's more, Victor suggested that I had just watched a "walkthrough" on youtube of the games.
Now to get this out of the way. You realise that was just a playful ridicule, right?

Right?

My vision is augmented ©

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)