These "Sneaking Suits" suck
05-06-2015, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 09:12 AM by Dr. Clark.)
RE: These "Sneaking Suits" suck
MGS 1's was indeed okay - perhaps the best of them all - and its colour didn't stand out much. Since this was the one used in the Tanker chapter I can't say much more.

Raiden's Skull suit isn't that far-fetched when taking into account its explanation about toxic substances and that torso stuff but in the end I think it was made to just go with the Reaper theme. Also, if you look at the HD Collection artwork of Raiden, the suit's colour is darker and so more fitting.

BB's MGS3 sneaking suit is okay save for the orange strippes and the Boss' one has more of a symbolic nature than anything else. That or both suits belonged to Volgin & Raikov and the Boss, being bossy with Volgin, just ordered him to hand them over to her.

The worse ones have to be PO's and PW's because it looks like BB is jogging and wants to be seen by truck drivers with those flashy yellow stripes and squares. I can understand that bulky armour due to the AI except for the "metal bandanna" and spikes that look silly .

About the upcoming TPP, I really like to see BB with his tiger stripe camo and I missed it! In MGS3 I just pretend that the Snake camo is his official sneaking suit.
On a side note, I would like that instead of a tuxedo we might get an Army service uniform like the one he wears at the end of MGS3...and perhaps the FOX-HOUND trenchcoat!

While not being Sneaking Suits, at least from what I know, I liked Snake's ACID2 outfit and Viper's from Ghost Babel.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
10-25-2015, 02:37 PM
So, still haven't played Phantom Pain; anyone got some insight into the outfits available in the game? I literally have not seen any info on it since well before its release - the only outfit I've seen was the one he wears in that Afghanistan trailer with the shitting horse. Desert pants and what looked to me like a standard OD BDU shirt and ponytail...maybe even a poncho.

Sneaking suits & general outfits in the game fairing better than they did in the few games? Any blast-from-the-past DLC outfits? Etc.? Anything rant-worthy? You all know you love my over-the-top "this guy clearly has psychological issues" flavor of rants, and don't even try to deny it!

;)

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-25-2015, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 03:59 PM by Code_R.)
1) TPP suit
2) GZ suit/PSX Solid suit (GZ savefile)

All have the same effect, quieter footsteps and faster healing. I've never figured out what kind of camo they offer since you have to guess, but I guess at night doesn't matter. The main new one looks a lot like the MGS outfit but has these ridiculous thunder thighs if you want to rant about something. Upgrades don't change the look of it. Can't customize the robot hand either, color depends on what upgrade it has equipped. You can change weapon paint jobs and swap the stock/mag/scope etc later.

http://cdn4.gamepur.com/images/mgs-v/the...ostume.jpg

Not sure what practical use it is supposed to offer. Cooling? I mean the original was for swimming in Arctic waters right. I was more annoyed that the bandana looks like crap for some reason. Like a blue strip of plastic. All the others are basically desert/jungle colours with various different kinds like wetland, woodland, whatever. All the same outfit you've seen. Since you have to pick one before landing and wait for a supply drop to change it I rarely used anything besides two options. You cannot equip the desert goggles or use the scarf to cover your mouth like they show in the first arrival to Kabul. And no face camo either, lame.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
10-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Looks okay. Not digging the arm though.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-25-2015, 04:31 PM
(10-25-2015 04:10 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Looks okay. Not digging the arm though.

Pretty sure you can change the arms colors too.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but it still looks gay. Does he, like, cut the left sleeve off of all his clothes or something? No glove? This asshole shouldn't even be in the field with only one arm.

Can I wear a hat yet? Like a boonie or a ballcap?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-25-2015, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 04:45 PM by Repugnance.)
You can wear balaclavas and not have a robot arm by playing as anyone but Snake.

Outside of that, PC mods.
10-25-2015, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 05:11 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(10-25-2015 04:41 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Yeah, but it still looks gay. Does he, like, cut the left sleeve off of all his clothes or something? No glove? This asshole shouldn't even be in the field with only one arm.

Can I wear a hat yet? Like a boonie or a ballcap?

Shouldn't be in the field with only one arm? Yeah, sure. But are we still totally glossing over the fact that he's only got one eye, and he uses his blind eye, with an eye patch over it no less, to aim with? I'd say that's a little more blatant bullshit than him only having one real arm. At least his robotic arm seems to work okay.

As for your other questions, I have not played the game yet either, so I have no fucking clue. That would be nice though. Get a haircut, wear a ballcap, get TWO gloves (instead of pulling a Michael Jackson), and shoot lefty so you can actually see what you're aiming at.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-25-2015, 05:26 PM
He should have a pair of those wacky glasses that have angry Asian eyes on the front!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Btw, is it possible to change the color of the battledress? Every time I see images or videos, it's always with that yellow and gray color.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
10-26-2015, 05:56 AM
Only in MGO, after you go up 74 levels

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-26-2015, 06:28 AM
Is MGO just plain garbage again?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Oh, it's worse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oeshfBz5F7Y

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
(10-26-2015 01:19 PM)sput Wrote:  Oh, it's worse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oeshfBz5F7Y

Wait, what's that song at the beginning of the video from? I know it, but I can't seem to think of what it is. Is it from one of the old MG games? It sounds like it should be easy, but I'm stumped.

10-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Still looks better than MGS4.

(10-26-2015 02:24 PM)JohnnySasaki20 Wrote:  Wait, what's that song at the beginning of the video from?

Theme of Tara.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)