07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: These "Sneaking Suits" suck
Roger!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Whatever Snake is wearing in the gameplay demo is what it should be for the whole game. Or something close to it. OR I can choose it. Becuase you can probably "develop" camo/suits via motherbase.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
07-29-2014, 09:12 AM
We'll prolly git ta choose.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
07-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Hope there's something less Star Gate than the last few games.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Was it possible to develop suits in Peacewalker? If so I could imagine them using the same system

Hopefully you can choose accesories and such kind of like MGO2 let you.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't remember how, but there were certainly more outfits. In addition to the craptastic Sneaking Suit, there was also an even more hideous Battle Suit complete with helmet. Gay as fuck. Hated that shit.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Yes, I saw the battle suit. Couldn't believe what I was looking at haha

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Speedo FTW! That should be the default outfit for every game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Might be the most Operator uniform ever. Skies out thighs out!

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Old Snake wouldn't even one; his gut would hang over his junk!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

03-20-2015, 04:46 AM
(07-22-2014 08:00 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  His 'stache I could live with. But the mullet, ESPECIALLY when it sticks out of the back of the mask, is just terrible.

No clue what the week between Snake Eater & Virtuous Mission has to do with anything - I said Big Boss should have cut his hair between ops.

And ESPECIALLY at the end of Snake Eater, when he's wearing his dress uniform - strict regulations. He'd have to have short tapered hair and been either clean shaven, or with a 'stache that "does not extend past the corners of the mouth." Even Special Forces have to abide by these regulations while in garrison & especially on parade and in dress garb.

Fuck MGS3.

I know this is really an necromancy, but I am a level 28 Warlock so I can do what I want around here. As for what you are talking about... While you are correct in everything you said.(Prior service?)

The truth is I was in the Active Army. Not one of those pussy leg units either I was in the 82nd Airborne Division. I went to Jump, Ranger, and SF School. I am the closest thing to Solid Snake I have ever known(Never was a big fan of Big Boss) Anyways back to my point.

I used to eat breakfast with 1st Special Forces Unit Detachment Delta(Delta Force) EVERY DAY! They were NOT under the same regulations as regular Army. Most of them had beards and long hair. It is very common especially post 9/11 when missions require to blend into countries where there people have long hair and beards.

Anyways I just wanted to clarify that for anyone like yourself that thinks that the authenticity of Big Boss was a little off. He wasn't working for the Military at the time of the reward ceremony. My guess is he joined at around 21 like me so he could drink after a mission and not get hassled(Like me) did 8 years(Which would have ended his obligation to the Army) and was recruited by the CIA. Which would coincide with his age at the time of Snake Eater(29)

The reason he is wearing his uniform at the ceremony was because he was being rewarded by the president. He wasn't on Active Duty Army at the time of the reward he was working for the CIA. Anyone who comes in uniform for any rewards post Active Duty can come with there hair long and a beard. They are not bound by UCMJ(Uniform Code of Military Justice) and if you are prior service you should know this is the only way they can get you. Once your contract is up(Minimum of 8 years) you are not bound by UCMJ. It is as simple as that.

So to recap he probable joined the Army at 21 or younger left after his contract was up, was recruited by the CIA and grew his hair and beard out because trust me from personal experience... after you shave your head every week and face every day for 8 years... It begins to become a fate worse than death(because you only die once, but I shaved my face over 2100 days in a row)
03-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Fucking Spook!

As for the shitty d&d though, I know it's max relax for some of the SOF guys, but on parade? Especially ceremonial dress? I've never known any time that even SOF were excused from the usual regulations.

What you said about Snake being CIA instead of SOCOM makes a lot of sense though. And come to think of it, I do now remember that the Snake Eater briefing mentioned he was working for the CIA instead, I think.

Nice to actually have some decent discussion atvthis place for a change. Been a while since that was the case.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

03-20-2015, 06:49 AM
(03-20-2015 06:18 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Fucking Spook!

I know it's max relax for some of the SOF guys, but on parade? Especially ceremonial dress? I've never known any time that even SOF were excused from the usual regulations.

Not regular SOF I am speaking of specifically 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (Delta Force) and I never said they wouldn't shave while on parade in the dress uniform. I just said that in most cases they have long hair and a beard as of 2003.

Delta Force were not even in uniform half the time. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg I know what I am talking about. Once I saw my buddy get smokes at the PX in an ACU pants and one of those Airborne T-shirts you can buy from those magazines. A First SGT. almost got his ass beat buy 4 Delta SGT. that were in his car after he put his hands on the SGT. The first SGT. outranked him but the moment he realized who they were he about shit his pants.
03-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Not sure how any of this shit works but does the fact that Snake was a FOX-agent (and the fictional FOX-unit being part of the CIA) have any effect on anything you guys are talking about? Would they have different restrictions etc. in such division?
03-20-2015, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 03:06 PM by Snake_Plissken.)
That is exactly the second part I was trying to get across in that long reply. So the answer is that he was working for the CIA NOT the military DESPITE his prior service and uniform at the end. He wore the uniform because it was a ceremony and he was being awarded. Cankucklehead didn't understand why someone in a military dress uniform would have long hair. I was giving multiple explanations. The thing of it is, is that it is all about UCMJ. You are bound by UCMJ for 8 years following enlistment EVEN if your Discharge was sooner 8 years. That is not to say you can't grow a beard or grow your hair after you Discharge, but you would if you are IN uniform, and if you didn't you would be subject to UCMJ. So what does that mean? Either Big Boss enlistment was at the age of 21 or younger(I think 21 because it sounded in the briefing files like FOX was just recently formed and Snake just left the Green Berets following recruitment into the CIA) If he was older than 21 he would have been still under UCMJ which would mean that that there is a inconsistency in the story. But like I said if he joined at 21 or younger than he would have not been under UCMJ. Which would be the most plausible answer due to the newly formed FOX unit he was in, and his 5 years in the Green Berets he mentioned to The Boss when CQC is brought up for the first time.

In conclusion my theory is he joined the Regular Army in 1956, at some point between 1956 and 1959 became a Ranger(My guess would be 1957 if it was in his contract). After he created CQC with The Boss he Joined the Green Berets in 1959. Spent 5 years with them while The Boss was on that top secret mission. Then was recruited by Zero who probably scouted him following a private conversation with The Boss. I am sure she recommended him. Snake didn't even know The Boss and Zero knew each other and went to SAS school together so that would actually fill a plot hole on how Big Boss was scouted by the CIA(under The Boss' recommendation.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)