The many meanings of V
05-20-2014, 06:55 AM
The many meanings of V
Ignoring the obvious meanings, like the number 5, the sign for victory and peace, which are all part of the story and central in fact, lets speculate on other possible meanings.

like:

V for virtual, yes this is a dead horse, and we won't know anything for sure until we play it, but i think it will be central to the TPP, virtual experience will play a part, remember my words.

V for Volgin, we already saw him in the trailer, either a dream, a nightmare, a hallucination, Volgin is in it and it will mean something,

V for the number 2, yes as in the hand sign for 2, I have seen many paralels between MGS V and MGS 2, we have a snake in a first short chapter, who enters in the night, raining, a mysterious man like Ocelot maybe??? behind everything, this time the xof unit, I am not saying that is ocelot, but the entrance is ver similar to ocelot in mgs 2.

V for horns, yes it sounds silly, but snakes does have a horn on his forrehead, and V has been the sign for horns for ages.

V for vengeance, we heard kojima saying recently the TPP will be about revenge.

please contribute on more meanings.
05-20-2014, 08:14 AM
RE: The many meanings of V
Anther meaning for V, is Vulpes which is one of the families of fox, there are many others. the gray fox belongs to the canidae family not the vulpes though.
05-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Voyevoda

Supposedly it means, "Warlord" in Russian.

In wikipedia however it means, "Opera" with a 3-Act structure.

This is the "Voyevoda" trilogy. PO never should have been made.

MGS3, MGSPW, MGSV

I honestly hope he pulls a character switch and we play as her.
05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
(05-20-2014 09:04 AM)nanoMACHINEgunz Wrote:  This is the "Voyevoda" trilogy. PO never should have been made.

MGS3, MGSPW, MGSV
Damn; I never thought of that one. It makes sense in some ways, too.

Quote:I honestly hope he pulls a character switch and we play as her.
Eh-heh-heh-heh....don't count on it.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
i know is a bit off topic, but going back to gray fox

i really like this image from the fox engine

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130...ons-03.jpg

is it real or is it fox????
05-20-2014, 10:45 AM
(05-20-2014 10:14 AM)kunawaro Wrote:  i know is a bit off topic, but going back to gray fox

i really like this image from the fox engine

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130...ons-03.jpg

is it real or is it fox????
Yeah I have to say that FOX Engine is pretty sweet; at first glance it's almost hard to distinguish it from real-life. Wish I had a hold of it so I could put it to use in 3D modeling and MMD vids, but the engine I'm stuck with in regards to MMD videos is "Bullet Physics".

"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
05-20-2014, 12:09 PM
What i meant to say was that there could be a double meaning there, is it real or is it fox? as in gray fox...

is it real or is it a vr simulation????

i love how mgs is so meta
05-20-2014, 12:15 PM
(05-20-2014 12:09 PM)kunawaro Wrote:  What i meant to say was that there could be a double meaning there, is it real or is it fox? as in gray fox...

Ah yes, that. Well, I have a funny feeling that isn't the case. There's still no official viral advertising campaign for TPP, and if it were official, I doubt it would involve something requiring deep thinking such as that....because, again, MGSV is attempting to spread the franchise to the mainstream audience, and as we all know (or at least it's just my opinion), the mainstream audience is stupid.

Us long-time MGS fans would appreciate such a treat, but we're a minority now.

05-20-2014, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014 12:25 PM by Mexican Sting.)
Wait, it's attempting to spread the franchise to a mainstream audience? With rape plot points and vagina bombs? And child murder?

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
05-20-2014, 12:36 PM
(05-20-2014 12:15 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  
(05-20-2014 12:09 PM)kunawaro Wrote:  What i meant to say was that there could be a double meaning there, is it real or is it fox? as in gray fox...

Ah yes, that. Well, I have a funny feeling that isn't the case. There's still no official viral advertising campaign for TPP, and if it were official, I doubt it would involve something requiring deep thinking such as that....because, again, MGSV is attempting to spread the franchise to the mainstream audience, and as we all know (or at least it's just my opinion), the mainstream audience is stupid.

Us long-time MGS fans would appreciate such a treat, but we're a minority now.

Dude... MGS 2? did you forget what a mind fuck that game was/is?
the theme of simulation is central in the mgs games.
05-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Every game has been a multimillion selling game. Its still a kojima game after all.
05-21-2014, 05:09 AM
Zero: The virtuous mission

snake: the Virtual mission?

Zero: no Virtuous mission
05-22-2014, 03:49 PM
V for Vagina. Makes sense considering that's where the second bomb was hidden. Big red V.

I'm fine with swimming.
05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
(05-22-2014 03:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote:  V for Vagina. Makes sense considering that's where the second bomb was hidden. Big red V.

Metal Gear Vag: Tampax of the Patriots

PMS is infecting all genome soldiers, he who control the Vag controls the battlefield
05-23-2014, 08:23 PM
V is for Voice. Big Boss' is different, Ocelot's is different, and Quiet doesn't have one.

V is for a downwards arrow, cause it's about Big Boss' downward spiral

V is for a cone without a scoop of ice cream, which is basically what Ground Zeroes was.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)