The Seiko Watch is for time travel?
07-18-2013, 12:41 PM

SpaceByrd Wrote:The idea of open world games is good, just being able to go around and fuck about sounds like a great game. Most of the time though you get punished for doing fun things like killing civies, which is usually the thing everyone starts doing after you finish the game(because it's fun). GTA4 has no replay value unless you like the tedious pigeon shooting or flag collecting in AC. I guess you really have to be into the idea of wasting time doing things that are ultimately pointless.

This is why I'm kind of scared about MGSV.

Honestly, I think people are misunderstanding the open-world descriptor as applied to MGSV. It just means that there's a continuous world that connects all the missions, and that you can approach missions from any direction and at any time of day. It's not something that's been attempted before in any game.

If you want a previous open-world game to compare it to, think less GTA and more Arkham City.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
07-18-2013, 06:00 PM

^ Yeah, that the part that's getting me excited. I'm just hoping the game isn't filled with pointless trophy chasing and restrictions on wanting to shoot rockets at donkeys and burn innocent Afghani crop fields because I had a bad day.

Benny Harvey, RIP
07-19-2013, 11:46 AM

SpaceByrd Wrote:^ Yeah, that the part that's getting me excited. I'm just hoping the game isn't filled with pointless trophy chasing and restrictions on wanting to shoot rockets at donkeys and burn innocent Afghani crop fields because I had a bad day.

Previous games have let you kill dogs, chickens, rats etc so I'm sure horses are fair game. I doubt MGSV will have dynamic fire simulation like Far Cry, I doubt it'll have any kind of building destruction either. Not only does that shit bring development costs up, but it's also counter-intuitive to stealth gameplay.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
07-19-2013, 06:19 PM

Pretending a field is on fire is enough for me, as long as I don't get in in-game shit because I'm trying stuff out. Arkham was good for that though and the more I think about it I get less scared of MGS5. Thanks for the reassurance

Benny Harvey, RIP
07-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Punished Animal Wrote:Honestly, I think people are misunderstanding the open-world descriptor as applied to MGSV. It just means that there's a continuous world that connects all the missions, and that you can approach missions from any direction and at any time of day. It's not something that's been attempted before in any game.

hurr durr Eld0r Skrulzzz.
09-05-2013, 10:13 PM

A Yoji Shinkawatch is being designed to replace the Seiko one it seems
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=9271

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)