The Reality of Metal Gear Solid 2
11-29-2011, 06:32 AM
The Reality of Metal Gear Solid 2
Today is the tenth anniversary of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty in Japan. A few weeks ago during the 13th, the tenth anniversary of Sons of Liberty's release in North America, I announced a video I was working on called The Reality of Metal Gear Solid 2. Today, I bring you that video.

Also, thanks to all the folks who watched this with us at midnight on TinyChat. Loads of fun. Especially the guy with the video of the guy lighting his fart on fire. Oh and thank Dwayne Billie for convincing me not to scrap the whole project and just write another article.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
11-29-2011, 07:35 AM

Looking forward to watching this when I get home. MGS2 is great. I played this game everyday for the longest time when it was released. Truly the best Metal Gear Solid.

[Image: henryrollins2.jpg]
http://www.youtube.com/NourishedPsyche
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM

"Soundtrack - All used without permission" My favourite part. :lol:

Seriously, great video, loved it, but the music is too loud and makes it hard to understand what's being said at times. Other than that, great work, as always.
11-29-2011, 08:13 AM

It would be great if you subtitle the video, overcoat for these who don't understand very well the language of Shakespeare Smile

And many thanks for this!
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM

Yeah, this was good. Great reference for MGS arguments.

HORSE STEALTH
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Awesome video (and music). Hopefully some will watch this and get it.
11-29-2011, 09:48 AM

oldFox-64 Wrote:the language of Shakespeare

Not sure...
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM

I'm glad you finished it. I know this was something very personal and passionate you wanted to share. It was excellent.

I feel honored to have helped out.

PSN: The Vitamin D
Xbox Live: The Vitamin D
Wii: 3815 2993 5568 0289
NNID: VitaminD82
Twitter: twitter.com/vitamind82

I've been called:
The Philosopher of Humor, An Internet Warrior, Sincere, GENIUS!, love muffin!, An Evil Pumpkin, SMOOTH!, a sweety, all heart, their hero, the coolest guy on The Soup

2009 Winner:
Best Male Poster
Poster Ravi Would Most Likely Fuck

Marvalo Wrote:i am not sure what this thread is about, but vitamin d wins
Douchey Wrote:Fuck you all, I'm excited for FFXIV.
Julia Wrote:Vit D..you are the Pimp Daddy of the Soup!
Alex =) Wrote:Who doesn't touch themselves while talking to Vitamin D?
Ravi Singh Wrote:You're so fucking dumb I'm going to ban you.
Julia Wrote:I love my Vitamin D!
GjpD88 Wrote:What a fucking great read!
11-29-2011, 10:25 AM

It was a good film, and I think it was definitely something that needed to be said.

I give it a 9/10 because the font wasn't Comic Sans.
11-29-2011, 10:53 AM
sorry ravi
I think it was too much hype over very little 'substance', in the video you repeat yourself over and over, i think the video is way too short for a subject so big as sons of liberty.
11-29-2011, 11:53 AM

I still can't believe I missed the fucking premiere. I fail at life.

Will watch as soon as it loads up.

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
Seeing Things For What They Are - Raiden & Rose Analysis
MYTH: Hideo Kojima said that Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising are canonical
Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM

kunawaro Wrote:I think it was too much hype over very little 'substance'

How Ironic...
Smoke & Mirrors
A Game Without Substance

「Желаю вам усцeхa!!
J・U・N・K・E・R・・・・」
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Re: sorry ravi
kunawaro Wrote:I think it was too much hype over very little 'substance', in the video you repeat yourself over and over, i think the video is way too short for a subject so big as sons of liberty.

The subject was 10 years of missing a basic point. When people spend this long around something and continually miss the point you may need to rephrase things several times to find a way of saying it that they understand.

I think that this contrasts the arguments about MGS2 being VR or not by slapping facts and opinions down in a video pretty well, and comes at it in a way that really ignores what may or may not be true about a videogame and instead just accepts it as whatever the viewer wants, and asks them to actually take something away from it instead of collecting facts about it.
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM

It was great! I have always love something about MGS 2 that i could never put my finger on. I really believe that it is the open endedness. Well also that jazzy feel. MGS 4 was to much of a matter of fact type of game. Too straight forward.

[Image: Linktube-1.jpg]

Playing Metal Gear is like riding a blike- Drunk Econs
11-29-2011, 04:14 PM

It was awesome.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)