The Phantom Pain Spoiler Free Review Roundup
09-02-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Phantom Pain Spoiler Free Review Roundup
Tetris had over 50 hours of play. Any game potentially has over 50 hours of play. It's a marketing gimmick.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-02-2015, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 09:40 AM by Code_R.)
Jeez what a fucking media circlejerk. I need one of these sites to dissent and say if this is just more Piss Walker garbage, which I know it's going to be but I cannot understand the universal acclaim.
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
... And I did not like learning that this game was meant to have 51 not 50 Main Missions. You can blame KONAMI for depriving us of closure for 2 characters in the game.
09-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Do people eat and shower and shit while playing? lol

it is what it is
09-02-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 04:16 PM by Dr. Clark.)
Thanks for this Daggamuffin.

So, TPP is indeed PW2 and like it the gameplay seems better than the story - which will be my reason for buying it - while I do like one point in one of the reviews that says that it seems that it was cut off abruptly and that the themes are just mentioned and not explored which yet again leaves us wondering the details and how back this war between Konami and Kojima has been going. It seems TPP is a great game but not a Hideo Kojima game...at least it seems better than 4!
While I see the press drooling over this game, I find myself giving more praise to MG2, MGS, 2 and 3.
More questions than answers at the end? Nanomachines and "SGM 69- Hideo Kojima's spiritual successor to the acclaimed series, now on KS"

(09-02-2015 09:40 AM)Code_R Wrote:  Jeez what a fucking media circlejerk. I need one of these sites to dissent and say if this is just more Piss Walker garbage, which I know it's going to be but I cannot understand the universal acclaim.

Same here...now, can we acclaim Ravi as Big Boss, rename this site as Outer Soup Heaven and wage a war that will last for decades only to end at a graveyard? Big Grin

Seriously though, the press loves all this drama and circus with Konami and Kojima because the press is like clowns these days - full of makeup. Ever since that Famitsu gave it a 10/10 after having done so to Pokémon BW (a game that isn't perfect), that I knew this was coming somehow.
A decade ago, Kojima was just yet another "wacky" japanese developer, but now he's a genius in gaming and he's also the new Kubrick* so perhaps he can direct one of the Star Wars movies as well as a Marvel movie and so many sequels to come.

*A note about the reviews: Kiefer speaks little and the change in voice acting seems useless? Kojima's whoring in Hollywood while being a douchebag with Hayter! Sleepy

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
09-03-2015, 02:50 PM
(08-26-2015 04:50 AM)sput Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 01:37 AM)beanxt Wrote:  The only game i think that deserved a 10 was The Last of us, and Gone Home. Gone Home because of its story

Haha. What?

(08-26-2015 05:09 AM)Elman Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 01:37 AM)beanxt Wrote:  The Last of us

[Image: shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif]

Explain to me why The Last of Us is not 10/10 worthy?
Story was amazing, graphics where top notch for the PS3, gameplay was just as good.
09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
The Last of Us was good? You must be half retarded. The character models looked great, and that's it.

There was little to no story, shittastic "gameplay," and I say gameplay very loosely, tons of bugs and glitches, early PS2 quality AI, some of the most boring stretches of endless and pointless walking from linear point A to B, and it goes on.

Easily one of the most overhyped and most disappointing games I've played on the PS3. Awful piece of shit that's much closer to a movie than a game. Anyone who likes it might as well just stick to Netflix.

This is fact, not opinion.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2015, 12:54 AM
(09-03-2015 04:17 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The Last of Us was good? You must be half retarded. The character models looked great, and that's it.

There was little to no story, shittastic "gameplay," and I say gameplay very loosely, tons of bugs and glitches, early PS2 quality AI, some of the most boring stretches of endless and pointless walking from linear point A to B, and it goes on.

Easily one of the most overhyped and most disappointing games I've played on the PS3. Awful piece of shit that's much closer to a movie than a game. Anyone who likes it might as well just stick to Netflix.

This is fact, not opinion.

Don't know if you're trolling or being serious? Because honestly TLOU is one of the better games of the last gen
09-04-2015, 04:24 AM
If it's one of the better PS3 games, you must have only played the following:
-The Last of Us
-Ride to Hell: Redemption
-Rogue Warrior

It was garbage. Whether you talk about genre or any other trait, it's bottom of the barrel and I could name many games better than it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2015, 05:40 AM
We can set up a voting thread for The Last of Us. I have to agree that to me it was pretty lame and dull, like the old games from the 80s in Atari, embellished with graphics and acting. I know a people who liked it, but it can hardly be called innovative.
Most of Playstation exclusives have been flops, hailed by huge marketing campaigns. Although I have to say that those with the treasure hunter (name escapes me) I only played one and didn't bother finishing it.
09-16-2015, 06:19 AM
(09-03-2015 02:50 PM)beanxt Wrote:  Explain to me why The Last of Us is not 10/10 worthy?
Story was amazing, graphics where top notch for the PS3, gameplay was just as good.

OK, I do admit calling it bad is being unfair, as I actually quite liked it, both for story and gameplay.

The only thing I dislike about it is its lack of replay value. I didn't feel compelled to replay it or max out some kind of score. As soon as I finished its story, I pretty much stopped caring about it. I wouldn't give it a 10/10. I find a 8/10 or something close to be more adequate.

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
09-16-2015, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 02:28 PM by Canucklehead.)
WHAT! FUCKING! STORY!?

WHAT! FUCKING! GAMEPLAY!?

YOU FUCKING PEOPLE WOULDN'tT KNOW A GODDAMNED STORY IF IT CRAWLED UP YOUR ASS AND STRANGLED YOU FROM THE INSIDE OF YOUR FUCKING THROATS! AND IF YOU ENJOYED THE SO-CALLED SHITTASTIC "GAMEPLAY" SO FUCKING MUCH, I THINK YOU'LL ALL REALLY ENJOY A LITTLE GEM OF A GAME CALLED WALKING THROUGH YOUR OWN FUCKING HALLWAY ALL GODDAMNED COCK-SUCKING MOTHER FUCKING DAY!!!

FUCK EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU STRAIGHT TO FUCKING HELL!!!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Let me try an experiment.
Hey Canuck!
Last of Us had a memorable story and an unsurpassably original and engaging gameplay.
Lets see what he replies now.
We love you Canucklehead!
09-16-2015, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 07:23 PM by jdnation.)
You're talking to the guy who holds certain unexplainable opinions about certain games.

He can't give you a coherent answer outside of some surface level comparison. Best to just let it go...
09-17-2015, 04:17 AM
(09-16-2015 07:12 PM)PoisonSnake Wrote:  Last of Us had a memorable story and an unsurpassably original and engaging gameplay.

I respectfully disagree, but accept your opinion and believe we should discuss the topic further over a game of, dare I say...Squash?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)