The Phantom Pain Spoiler Free Review Roundup
08-27-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: The Phantom Pain Spoiler Free Review Roundup
MORE IMPORTANT TAPES!?? oh no please... we've gone from talking still portraits to insufferable movie sequences to... TAPES!?... All we needed was control over the sequences... ok, fine, whatever. I find it hard to pay attn to "tapes" while playing.
08-27-2015, 01:06 PM
I kind of like the tapes in this one since I can at least upgrade weapons or Mother Base while listening to them.

Also, on the Washington Post review, I'll bullet point it tonight. At work right now.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
08-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Eh, fantastic. There is enough meat there to start a spoiler discussion.
08-27-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-27-2015 12:08 PM)PoisonSnake Wrote:  MORE IMPORTANT TAPES!?? oh no please... we've gone from talking still portraits to insufferable movie sequences to... TAPES!?... All we needed was control over the sequences... ok, fine, whatever. I find it hard to pay attn to "tapes" while playing.

Technically they're no different than the codec, except more convenient for those who'd rather skip them or listen to them at their own pace.

I quite enjoyed just chillin' with Peace Walker's.
08-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Just got my copy... let's see what is this all about...
08-28-2015, 04:03 PM
Got my copy as well.
I love my country.

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
08-28-2015, 06:03 PM
I hate my country's politicians... I do love some of the game retailers here.
08-29-2015, 12:33 PM
I got my copy yesterday too. Met up with some guy from Craigslist in a parking lot in the valley. Sketch as fuck, yet after driving back through rush hour traffic I got to enjoy the prologue which basically is a non-stop adrenaline rush. I love the black market.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Been too busy working so I'm fine waiting for launch day. Problem is that launch day will only give me a few hours in the night to play it and it's non-stop work for me until Tuesday of the following week. So I'll probably only have time for the prologue, and will have to wait for next week to continue.

Ah well... Come Tuesday, Soup won't see me until I'm done with the game, which considering my time spent with Peace Walker, could be several months...
08-29-2015, 10:56 PM
(08-29-2015 12:33 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  I got my copy yesterday too.

Say, how's the game treating you from a technical aspect?
In my case, framerate can get annoying in desperate situations.
And yes, I'm on PS3 as well.

08-30-2015, 01:42 AM
No framerate issues for me on PS4, but the pop in is just as annoying as it was on GZ. Especially the shadows.
08-30-2015, 06:27 AM
(08-30-2015 01:42 AM)Danger Close Wrote:  No framerate issues for me on PS4, but the pop in is just as annoying as it was on GZ. Especially the shadows.

Shit, PS4 also has pop in? I thought only last-gen consoles had that.

08-30-2015, 10:55 AM
(08-30-2015 01:42 AM)Danger Close Wrote:  No framerate issues for me on PS4, but the pop in is just as annoying as it was on GZ. Especially the shadows.

Can you listen to tapes in the menus? I don't want to sit idly at a screen.

Benny Harvey, RIP
08-30-2015, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 11:36 AM by Elman.)
You can listen to the tapes while actually playing, kind of like background music.
My only problem with this setup is whoever's on the codec will randomly talk to you, muting the tape you're listening to (meaning you actually have to play the tape again or rewind it to see what you missed). GZ had this problem too.

09-02-2015, 02:33 AM
Over 50 hours of play

Jesus christ

it is what it is

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)