TPP Gamplay Mechanics
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
TPP Gamplay Mechanics
I'm not a programmer, so i have no idea how difficult this would be, but do you guys think that once The Phantom Pain is finished that Ground Zeros will get the newer polished mechanics and gameplay features patched in? (Minus the ability to change the time since the night setting seems to be tied to the story of GZ)

I really miss having the ability to knock on walls to distract the guards.Confused
09-03-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: TPP Gamplay Mechanics
That sounds pretty doubtful actually. Just wait for TPP and you'll get over it really quickly.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
09-03-2014, 04:09 PM
No, fucking no. Never.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-03-2014, 06:41 PM
I don't think they'd ever do that,

They updated Metro 2033 for the redux release but that's the exception to the rule.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
09-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I think Ground Zeroes will be discarded after The Phantom Pain. "Discarded" might not be the proper word, but what I mean is that there probably won't be updates for it after TPP comes out.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Nothing major anyway.

Patches and shit we can hope for, if cdprojekt Red are still patching Witcher 1&2 then hopefully it won't be TOTALLY abandoned.

09-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Maybe a year or so down the line we'll get a rehashed version of MGSV with GZ and TPP together in a directors cut like how they changed the camera and added a bunch of features for MGS3 with Subsistence
09-04-2014, 04:31 AM
There won't be updates for it period anymore. They've washed their hands of it. Why the fuck would you even think otherwise? Do you think they're gonna update
MGS4 too? Patch the MGS2/3/PW HD versions? Release Snake's Revenge HD on the PS Store?

Fuck, people who don't use their brains...

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2014, 06:55 AM
They washed their hands of it a few months after release?

Like the man says they updated MGS3 for the Subsistance rerelease and they added trophies and shit to MGS4 years after it came out.

09-04-2014, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 08:43 AM by Canucklehead.)
So? It's a fucking demo. Did the MGS1 demo that came bundled with that shitty turbo controller and ended upon entering the vents at the Heliport get updated?

Go fuck yourself.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-04-2014, 11:07 PM
It's a prologue bitch, not a demo.

09-05-2014, 05:03 AM
It's a demo that happened to be the push & test room that they turned into a prologue.

Demo is a demo, and demo won't get updated when full game is released. Bitch!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-05-2014, 08:30 AM
(09-04-2014 06:55 AM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  They washed their hands of it a few months after release?

Like the man says they updated MGS3 for the Subsistance rerelease and they added trophies and shit to MGS4 years after it came out.
Earlier in April my friend said that Ground Zeroes might be included with The Phantom Pain, though I've had trouble confirming this. I don't know if he's referring to a bundled pack of both games, or if Ground Zeroes will be a prologue mission included in The Phantom Pain. If it's the latter, I don't see why they wouldn't implement the improvements (or at least some of them) shown in TPP, except maybe for the wall-knocking feature (which technically isn't wall-knocking since you're making noises with your prosthetic arm).

Like I said, though, I have had trouble confirming my friend's claims. I have a feeling he got that from someone's post in a thread somewhere online. If anything, a bundle sounds more likely, but still.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
09-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Wasn't it stated by Konami themselves that Phantom Pain would not include Ground Zeroes?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-05-2014, 10:36 AM
(09-05-2014 09:36 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Wasn't it stated by Konami themselves that Phantom Pain would not include Ground Zeroes?

Yes, but I'm starting to believe he will anyways. Week after TPP comes on steam I could see a 25% off bundle for both games. Or a pre-order bundle discount.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)