Struggling to get S Ranks?
10-05-2015, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 11:25 PM by Ocrafter.)
RE: Struggling to get S Ranks?
Yeah you can still get the s-ranks if you dont do all the tasks, thats what i like a about this game, the difficulty is set by yourself, i intentionally do all tasks, no kills, cqc only (i have to use weapons on mission 3, the tasks require it) but i know stting all these rules for myself isnt something other players might enjoy too,

The only skill i found not to be redundant was the botanist skill, when u play free roam with a character who has botanist skill you find alot more medicinal plants on the map
10-11-2015, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 03:50 PM by Victor Katilis.)
I uploaded my run of that strat. Things went a bit differently.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-13-2015, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 06:14 PM by Victor Katilis.)
This game and challenge does not mix.

My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-20-2015, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 02:33 PM by Ocrafter.)
Hey guys sorry for the late reply, i have been having some connection issues, fixed now thankfully,

Victor, thanks for the interest in my strategy, i watched your version and i have to say i was entertained, i quite enjoyed it, however as the purposes of my videos are for all intents and purposes to try to teach other people who are not as skilled as yourself or if i dare say so myself, me, i have to add for the benefit of other readers who may construe my strategy as ineffective, there were times that you didnt follow the pathing i followed and times that you crawled when i ran, sprinted when i crawled, this through your timings off considerably which caused the small waiting periods in your playthrough, at 12:40ish your positioning of the distration guard was a little off and in the beginning of your part 2 video u used a throw to disable the guard which only knocks him out for 30 seconds.. u need to use a combo or put him in a hold up to prevent him waking up too soon, after you delt with said enemy your strategy took its own (highly entertaining) direction and is not associated in any way with what i was trying to portray. Just for the benefit of other readers i needed to say that mate as if my way is copied to the exactomondo it will absolutely play out like it does in my video.. i also watched a number of your other videos.. keep up the good work mate. Great stuff

A link to the video being dicussed above

https://youtu.be/RrTLbPdSIcE
10-20-2015, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2015 12:48 AM by Victor Katilis.)
Well, the mine in the beginning did not appear because of the dispatch mission. Hence I didn't waste time going through there. There was also difference in deployment time - guards were sleeping in some outposts. Probably also the reason why it screwed me up since the shadows were positioned differently.

And I wanted to do the combo. I simply fucked it up.

Have to say, I only did that video cause I really liked your route. I memorized the overall plan and tried to follow it as much as I could remember it.
Primarily wanted to see if I could've done it faster/different timings (while completing all the objectives). And could of done it faster if not for a brainfart at the end.

As for other stuff, I actually recorded some new shit. Hopefully you don't mind me hijacking this thread for a bit, don't want to start another S-rank thread. Here's one:

My vision is augmented ©
10-20-2015, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 05:30 PM by Ocrafter.)
Hijack is no problem mate. Please go ahead. Thays what i started the thread for. I saw the mine never appeared.. the pathing is for timimg not just for getting the mine. U also sprinted to far after collecting the mine. And after u threw the first hostage over the wall and climbed over you sprinted in to get the second guy and then sprinted back out to fulton them both. Thats why you had to wait by the tree for a few seconds instead of fluidly crawling past like i did. The timings cant be tightened unfortunately. I already replayed it and tightened them more and more hundreds of times before releasing the video. Overall you were very close.. the closest of all the attempts ive seen to recreate it actually. Ur D-walker video is great i really enjoyed it.
10-20-2015, 06:07 PM
On the run before the recorded one, I was late to that tree and the second guy spotted me. Naturally I wanted to buy some time (I fumbled it when I was running past the first guard post too).

I also wanted to see how much leeway this whole super-difficulty has. You can see I left that SMG+stinger guy in the open, besides being quite late. The patrolling guard didn't give a fuck. Maybe it has to do with your long-horn.

My vision is augmented ©
10-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Haha you just got lucky so, i thought u left the smg/rpg guy there on purpose because that spot is actually behind the cover of the wooden cart between u and the patrolling guard, thats where i left him to and explained the cart will cover u in one of my earlier videos which was an early concept of that strategy.. i removed the video from my playlist but it is still on my channel if you doubt me.
10-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Nah, I see the cart now. Funny.

My vision is augmented ©
10-22-2015, 02:56 PM
thats awesome that you hit that location for visual cover without really intending it. The devs really put alot if thought into level design.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)