Stop Feeling Sorrow and Fury over Metal Gear Survive
08-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Stop Feeling Sorrow and Fury over Metal Gear Survive
Stop Feeling Sorrow and Fury over Metal Gear Survive.
08-21-2016, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 01:46 PM by Canucklehead.)
RE: Stop Feeling Sorrow and Fury over Metal Gear Survive
But they Fear playing it will bring Pain rather than Joy.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
08-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm so tired of the "You hate Survive because you're butthurt over Kojima" argument.

No, I dislike "SurviVe" because the premise is dumb and the game looks like garbage. If it was Splinter Cell: Survive, I would have the same reaction and I have no idea who the hell makes those games. My prediction is that this will be as much of a stealth game as Silent Hill: Book of Memories was a horror game.

It's a budget cash in on the series while it's not dead yet, if you enjoy this type of stuff... good for you. But don't try to convince me there is something beyond a dumb zombie shooter here or that this is even comparable to Metal Gear Rising. You can like or dislike MGR, but anyone can see the game wasn't just slapped together by a few Konami slaves for a quick cash in.
08-21-2016, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 05:05 PM by Nike Schneider.)
The general argument I was going for is that this is not anything new, even back when Kojima was in charge of things.

I'm so tired of the "You aren't mad or upset about Survive because you enjoy that type of stuff" argument.

(08-21-2016 04:09 PM)BigSolid Wrote:  But don't try to convince me there is something beyond a dumb zombie shooter here or that this is even comparable to Metal Gear Rising. You can like or dislike MGR, but anyone can see the game wasn't just slapped together by a few Konami slaves for a quick cash in.

Metal Gear Solid Touch was a stellar app though, huh?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-21-2016, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 06:54 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Nothing is going to make me interested as far as MG is concerned unless it's promo material is going to feature something else than:

1. Bearded dude wearing a bandana and an eye-patch.
2. Blonde dude with a weird ass cyber-katana.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
08-21-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm not Raging Raven or Crying Wolf over this, I'm more Laughing Octopus.

More seriously, I'm one of those people who will just refuse to buy any more Metal Gear made because of how Konami treated Kojima, who despite not having a perfect record is still someone I respect. Bring on Death Stranding!
08-22-2016, 03:21 AM
So even of they made the greatest Metal Gear ever, you wouldn't play it purely out of loyalty to a man who doesn't even give a fuck about his own series?

Not that Survive will be great or even okay; looks like pure shit. But still. You whack.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-22-2016, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 06:57 PM by kojimafan.)
Decoy Octupussy over Survive...The Joy [wet] over p. Singh's article .
08-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Hey c'mon now guys... It could've been worse...

[Image: konami-logo.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"Boss! Another viral outbreak has occurred at Mother Base! You'd better hurry back!"
[Image: kaz.jpg]

"What's the schituation?"
[Image: keifer.jpg]

"A new dormant strain of Wolbachia... It has mutated into a new form I have never encountered before!"
[Image: codetalker.jpg]

"It schurvived..."

"It is different this time, Boss. It mutated such that the remedy we used to combat it is no longer effective. But the saving grace is that it is slower-acting this time."
[Image: ocelot.jpg]

"The vocal cord parasytes that turned into females may have been innoculated. But when Huey exposed them to radiation to reproduce asexually, it drove the men mad. This may be related to what he'd done, except instead of driving men to actively become agitated, it is the opposite effect and is driving them to apathy and listlessness. It will slowly shut their bodies down entirely until they die through severe inactivity."

"Not to mention it is already slowing down our operations and affecting us in the field. This certainly isn't good either for business, or our protection. It leaves Diamond Dogs vulnerable."

"There might be a way, however... it is a long shot. Until I can come up with a solution, you will need to slow down the viral outbreak as much as possible."

"We've done some tests and investigating and noticed that the first outbreak occured in men who were off duty and taking to some passive relaxation. But when they were engaged in duty, the effects were slowed down however slightly when the body is active."

"Perhaps it is the increase in oxygen intake and cardiovascular activity that returns the strain back to a dormant state, but when sleeping or at rest, the new strain takes advantage of the reduced bodily activity to become active and infest areas that reduce bloodflow to the brain and the limbs. TO deter that we need a continual flow of blood and oxygen to slow down the spread of infection."

"I've got it! So we only need to keep the men engaged and active! TO keep them moving, even when they are off-duty, not only to slow down those infected, but to deter it from spreading to others that are not infected yet. Everybody here is at risk!"

"So that's why we came up with that proposal Boss. It's the one you were briefed on on your way here. It will help slow things down until we find a cure. While the men can't be active all the time, it would help to do so during regular intervals. It's not perfect, but it'll have to do for now!"

"Got it. It sounds like the best we can do for now, and we've kept the men waiting long enough, huh? It's show-time!"

"Attention all Diamond Dogs Personnell! It's time to fight for our lives once again! It's time to get down! It's time to get funky! So everybody... dance, DANCE, DANCE!!!"

[Image: tumblr_ntm67xSxdV1szn6ebo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ntpu6vPdxx1rzzj2xo1_400.gif]

[Image: ELq3EU.gif]

[Image: mgsdance.jpg]

[Image: mgsdance2.jpg]

[Image: mgsdance3.jpg]

[Image: mgsdance4.jpg]

[Image: mgsdance5.jpg]

[Image: mgsdance6.jpg]

"Ladies and gnetlemen, we at Microsoft appreciate the hard work of talented publishers. And tonight we would like to open the floor for one of the most world reknowned! So please offer a big welcome to one of the greatest publishers out there!"

[Image: Xbox-E3-584127.jpg]

*curtain opens*

"When I had you to myself, I didn't want you around
Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd
But someone picked you from the bunch, one glance was all it took
Now it's much too late for me to take a second look..."

[Image: mgsdance7.jpg]

"Thank you Phil! Hello Everyone... Konami is back! And we're pleased to announce that Metal Gear Dancing
will be not only be better on Kinect! But Xbox One players will have 1-year exclusive deal to Massive Multiplayer Dance-Off events. Co-Op Dance Missions. And be the first to purchase all available clothing and music track DLC!"
[Image: konamiman.jpg]

[Image: gaijin.jpg]
08-23-2016, 05:58 PM
(08-22-2016 03:21 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  So even of they made the greatest Metal Gear ever, you wouldn't play it purely out of loyalty to a man who doesn't even give a fuck about his own series?

Not that Survive will be great or even okay; looks like pure shit. But still. You whack.

That's because I jerk off to a picture of Kojima every night lololol.

It's just that I still respect him overall, and Konami just treated him and the fans with total disrespect. People can go ahead and play more Konami Metal Gear if they want, I don't really care, but personally I'm not going to support that.
08-23-2016, 06:44 PM
(08-23-2016 05:11 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Hey c'mon now guys... It could've been worse...

Hahaha fuck

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-23-2016, 07:19 PM
(08-23-2016 05:58 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  People can go ahead and play more Konami Metal Gear if they want, I don't really care, but personally I'm not going to support that.

Does Survive honestly look worse than the garbage Kojima's put out in the last decade?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Just read it. Solid piece; I don't really disagree with it. I felt bafflement regarding the outrage over the Pachislot machine for similar reasons, and much like in that case I'm largely apathetic about Survive. Sure it's dumb, but a lot of things are dumb. Snake enjoying a (literally) rejuvenating beverage around the time of MGS4's release was plenty dumb too. I think most people would be more apathetic about the game if it were merely DLC for MGSV or MGO, as it would make the blatant reuse of MGSV's assets feel less manipulative and more transparently benign. But that's on Konami, really. It's still a barely relevant tie-in. But like I've said about some of the outrage over The Phantom Pain: does Konami really owe the world more Metal Gear games anyway? Even if it sucks it's not like they're whipping out their corporate cocks and ejaculating on every copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 you own or "hot glue"-ing your Snake PlayArts. Why care?
08-23-2016, 11:52 PM
(08-23-2016 07:19 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 05:58 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  People can go ahead and play more Konami Metal Gear if they want, I don't really care, but personally I'm not going to support that.

Does Survive honestly look worse than the garbage Kojima's put out in the last decade?

I was actually kind of thinking that too with the wormhole and stuff. Is this really any more ridiculous than what Kojima puts in his games? And by the way, I did think the gameplay in Peace Walker was fun and reminded me more of MGS1 and MGS3's gameplay, but the story went downhill once it went down the AI rabbit hole. It would have been much more interesting if it focused on the Sandinistas and stuff. I genuinely enjoyed the gameplay in MGSV, though I think the Fulton stuff was a bit much and made it too easy. It was more exciting in Ground Zeroes. The story I have mixed feelings about.
08-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Hopefully this is resolved at tgs or when its released

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)