Solidus *Spoilers*
10-29-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Solidus *Spoilers*
(10-29-2015 05:39 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  Therefore, Solidus and Solid don't actually have the same face, that model was just used because it was convenient

[citation needed]

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-30-2015, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 02:20 AM by Artful Dodger.)
They totally did look the same in MGS2. MGS4 just retconned it.

(10-29-2015 03:21 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Yeah, they're both slightly different, while Solidus is 1:1 as I recall. Which is funny seeing as he's the biggest pussy of the three and went down the easiest.

Fuck Solidus.
Well in his defence (mainly because I was a huge fan of that character way back when)...who among us actually beat him on their first ever try? C'mon, we all got rekt by his fire trail dash attack shit a few times before we learned to beat him.

Liquid was the runt, he was just lucky at Shadow Moses, then he returned via the arm only thanks to the Sorrow.

-
10-30-2015, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:53 AM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(10-30-2015 02:13 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  Liquid was the runt, he was just lucky at Shadow Moses, then he returned via the arm only thanks to the Sorrow.

Lucky? He had a horseshoe up his ass. You can only get lucky so many times before you start to morph into a motherfucking living breathing shamrock. Do you remember how many times he cheated death at Shadow Moses (not counting the Ocelot arm graft)? Well,...I lost count, but let's just go with a metric-fuck-ton of times. I mean, he brushed off a fiery, explosive, crash in a Hind-D, from like,.....I'm gonna go with about 10 stories up (give or take), like it was nothing. Not so much as a broken fingernail, or a singed eyebrow.

Quote:But then Snake must have been ein untermensch following the same logic.

Well, yeah, according to Metal Gear Solid genetics, sure. A "Sub-human" who was able to destroy 3 metal gears, on foot, by himself (plus or minus a rocket launcher), and then a 4th Metal Gear Ray in MGS4 (which never happened because I refuse to acknowledge it's existence) whilst piloting the very same MG Rex that he already destroyed years earlier, without so much as a Metal Gear learners permit.

So, in summary, there is no logic when it comes to genetics in the MG universe. Kojima just literally pulled a bunch of shit out of his ass.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-30-2015, 02:56 PM
(10-29-2015 09:20 PM)sput Wrote:  
(10-29-2015 05:39 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  Therefore, Solidus and Solid don't actually have the same face, that model was just used because it was convenient

[citation needed]

The citation is the series lore, as stupid as it is. Solid and Big Boss don't have the same face. Solidus and Big Boss do. Therefore, Solid and Solidus do not have the same face, regardless of the face models used in MGS2. That shit was effectively retconned as soon as MGS3 showed Big Boss having a different facial structure to Solid.

I'll give you that the "convenience" thing is probably wrong, and in 2001, the two were probably intended to be structurally identical, but if MGS2 were remade today, he'd use Big Boss' face model rather than Solid's. Then again, if it were remade now, Solidus wouldn't even be in the damn game since he's been retconned out of relevance.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
10-30-2015, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:41 PM by sput.)
(10-30-2015 02:56 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  Solid and Big Boss don't have the same face(...)That shit was effectively retconned as soon as MGS3 showed Big Boss having a different facial structure to Solid.

"Different facial structure"

[Image: same_guy.png]

Quote:I'll give you that the "convenience" thing is probably wrong,

Then why would you have brought it up in the first place

Quote: in 2001, the two were probably intended to be structurally identical

They absolutely intended for them to have the same face, they are clones. Their facial structures would have to be similar for the whole 'clone' thing to make sense.

Quote:but if MGS2 were remade today, he'd use Big Boss' face model rather than Solid's.

How does this even add anything to your point? "If this game was remade now it would be this way because I said it would!" No, stupid.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-30-2015, 05:20 PM
(10-30-2015 02:13 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  ...who among us actually beat him on their first ever try?

...I did.

I won't lie and say that I got him on the first try on Extreme, but even then, the pattern is so simple that once you figure it out, you can beat him every time on Extreme without getting hurt.

But yeah, I got him on my first go. Lots of L1 got the job done just fine.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-30-2015, 05:37 PM
(10-30-2015 03:39 PM)sput Wrote:  ...

Lol, he even has the exact same little piece of hair coming over the bandana in the front. Literally all they did was change his outfit and upgrade the pixel density slightly. And BOOM, two different characters. How lazy can you get? lol. Didn't even bother with a different voice actor at first (which I never actually had a problem with, as Hayter is perfect for the role).

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
11-01-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 08:44 AM by Canucklehead.)
I'm of the mindset that Hayter is Snake, and Big Boss should hve been voiced by John Cygan, Solidus' voice actor. Liquid had a unique voice, and I don't give a fuck about the Japanese voices - whatever works in a particular language is great for that language, but not necessarily others.

I wouldn't have gone with Kiefer Sutherland for Big Boss myself, but he's better than Hayter in any case.

That said, I like Hayter, but not as anyone but Solid Snake. And his voice work has also steadily gone downhill after MGS1.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

11-01-2015, 03:32 PM
(11-01-2015 08:44 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I'm of the mindset that Hayter is Snake, and Big Boss should hve been voiced by John Cygan, Solidus' voice actor. Liquid had a unique voice,

Yeah, it might have made sense, but how much really makes logical sense in the MGS universe? I just liked the VA work of Hayter, and coming right off of MGS2, after being tricked into playing as pussy ass Raiden for 90% of the game, it was welcome, even if it didn't make much sense.

Quote:That said, I like Hayter, but not as anyone but Solid Snake. And his voice work has also steadily gone downhill after MGS1.

Meh, I never thought it got to the point of being horrible (excluding MGS4, which I could barely stand to even listen to without wanting to punch the screen). I think he said he did it intentionally to fit the different character. I thought it was fine until MGS4 when he done goofed.

11-02-2015, 05:21 AM
He was actually sounding more shitty under Kojima's direction, but he sounded awful by the end, especially Peace Walker.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

11-02-2015, 08:28 AM
(11-02-2015 05:21 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  He was actually sounding more shitty under Kojima's direction, but he sounded awful by the end, especially Peace Walker.

Oh, see, I didn't play PW. MGS4 killed my soul, and any desire I might have had to play any future games. I seriously thought about playing MGSV, as the trailers looked promising and such, and I even went so far as to actually buy it, but I've had it for a good month and a half now and haven't even so much as opened it, so I think it's going back to gamestop.

11-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Buy it again when its 20 bucks, it's worth a play just not full price worth it.

Benny Harvey, RIP
11-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I figure by the time I get around to actually getting it, it'll be patched, updated, and have DLC released. Plus maybe a few bucks less than original retail price.

Also, PS3, so no scam of a PS+ to fuck me in the ass.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

11-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Though if you want to be able to get Kaz and Ocelot to shut the hell up while you're playing, you'll want the PC version.
11-02-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll just do to them what I did with Chico in Ground Zeroes. Remember how he was afraid of you when you open his cage? I'm why...

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)