Solidus *Spoilers*
10-25-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Solidus *Spoilers*
(10-25-2015 11:28 AM)Ze Moleman Wrote:  What confuses me is how Kyle Reese could be alive in 1995 despite having died in 1984 after having been sent back there to stop the T-800.

It's a time loop/paradox. Don't waste too much of your time trying to figure out how all the time travel shit works in the Terminator movies, because it doesn't. It doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever, but it can be fun to watch at times if you turn your brain off.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-25-2015, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 01:29 PM by Canucklehead.)
I watched Genesys for ten minutes (some scene with a school bus or something on a bridge) and shut it off in disgust.

Terminator 1 & 2 were great films, but not because they were action films; they were sci-fi drama films that had some action in them, but they were great because of the stories, characters and themes. When these sequels started coming out, they had the same problem as the Robocop sequels - the dipshits didn't actually understand what the originals were about, and they just made one shitty action film after another.

To enjoy T3-5, you HAVE to turn your brain off; to get the most out of T1 & 2, you have to turn your brain ON.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
10-25-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm honestly surprised he isn't mentioned along with Eli and David in that Truth tape between Ocelot and BB regarding the clones. Though they did say the first two, meaning they knew there was at least one other.

Also, assuming that Solidus was born in 1972 as well, and considering the Liberian Civil War lasted from 1989 to 1997, he would've been between 17 and 25 years old when he met Raiden. Was he already looking like a middle aged guy by then? If so well damn, I totally understand his bitterness and grudge against the Patriots.
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Snake looked his age until his 30s, at which point the rapid aging kicked in. Solidus should be no different. I can't see genetic clones aging differently.

I think it's just another one of those "we really didn't plan for this back then, and we really didn't think it through now" moments that Metal Gear is famous for.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-25-2015, 04:18 PM
(10-25-2015 01:37 PM)appledoze Wrote:  Also, assuming that Solidus was born in 1972 as well, and considering the Liberian Civil War lasted from 1989 to 1997, he would've been between 17 and 25 years old when he met Raiden. Was he already looking like a middle aged guy by then? If so well damn, I totally understand his bitterness and grudge against the Patriots.

Pretty sure he was 37 in 2009 during MGS2, and I think he first met (and adopted) Raiden in 1989. So he would have been around 17 when he met Raiden. In addition to what Josh said, I doubt he would have looked middle aged in 1989 considering he pretty much looked 37 in 2009, with exception to the grey hair he was rocking.

And considering what Solid looked like in 2009 (same age, and looked pretty young) and then all of a sudden, just 5 years later in 2014, he looks old as shit, I'd say that pretty much the same thing happened to Solidus.

Of course, Solidus was a little different in that he had the exact same unaltered DNA as Big Boss. Making him an identical clone. I have no idea what, how, or even if that would change any of the accelerated aging shit though.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I really didn't think that Solidus looked like Snake in MGS2. Beard and hair colour aside, he looked like he had a completely different facial structure, whereas Solid & Liquid used the same facial model in both MGS1 & TTS.

That had fuck all to do with anything, but I felt like pointing it out.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-25-2015, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 06:25 PM by appledoze.)
(10-25-2015 04:27 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I really didn't think that Solidus looked like Snake in MGS2. Beard and hair colour aside, he looked like he had a completely different facial structure, whereas Solid & Liquid used the same facial model in both MGS1 & TTS.

That had fuck all to do with anything, but I felt like pointing it out.

Actually I read somewhere that they used the same base model for the heads of Solid and Solidus in MGS2, the only difference being the textures.
10-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Raiden was a snake too

[Image: 2n66vlh.jpg]
PSN ID : XxsnipersnakexX
add me for a good time.
10-25-2015, 06:47 PM
[Image: hkekdYy.jpg]

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-28-2015, 04:44 PM
^Nice. Never cared to actually see if theyused the same facial structure.

However, I think Solidus only looked like he was in his thirties but with grey hair due to the graphical fidelity possible at the time. The only reason I argue that is the number of people who comment that he's the "spitting image of Big Boss." Nobody ever says anything of the sort to Solid, even though they have the same facial model. If MGS2 were made on the MGS4 engine, Solidus would most likely have the same facial model as BB rather than Solid.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
10-28-2015, 05:40 PM
It's wierd. In split-screen, I guess you can tell that they're the same model, but apart, they both still loom totally different to me.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Daggamuffin ' Wrote:  If MGS2 were made on the MGS4 engine, Solidus would most likely have the same facial model as BB rather than Solid.

If you don't believe that using the same models was deliberate, then you're an idiot.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-28-2015, 06:41 PM
(10-28-2015 05:40 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  It's wierd. In split-screen, I guess you can tell that they're the same model, but apart, they both still loom totally different to me.

Same her. Funny how hair color can change the way people look. Especially eyebrows. Remember Arnold in T1?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-28-2015, 07:03 PM
After he jumped through the fire and got them roasted off? Ha ha!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

10-28-2015, 08:55 PM
(10-28-2015 04:44 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  If MGS2 were made on the MGS4 engine, Solidus would most likely have the same facial model as BB rather than Solid.

[Image: ____the_legendary_heroes_____solid_snake...58cvaw.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)