So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
10-21-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
Really? Like, fucking for real? If I turn marking back on, Ground Zeroes has the overhead symbols!? FUCK!!!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
11-24-2014, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 07:53 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Man how the fuck is my shit insignificant little thread still on top of the Grund Zero's section?

Soup? Soup?!.....SOOOOUP!!!

So what the fuck is up Soup? don't know if you missed my sorry ass, but I know for sure I missed yours.
Still thinking whether I should bother with GZ or even PPain (the stupid cardboard box shit and OP fulton still pisses me off), but this vid reminded me of you, Soup:

And Fucking huskies. Fuck. Kojima actually found the way to sell me out.

Cunt.

Quote:Really? Like, fucking for real? If I turn marking back on, Ground Zeroes has the overhead symbols!? FUCK!!!
I feel yo pain nigga. That fucking sucks.

(04-25-2014 08:43 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  
(04-24-2014 06:05 PM)Victor Katilis Wrote:  I expected that shit to be short, but really? 50 minutes? How much did they ask for it again? Lol, even GT5 prologue offered more.

You fucked up, son.

I'm not a raging fanboy who goes "WTF LOL MOAR GAMEPALY THAN TITANFALL FGT" or whatever. I get it, the cost is a bit high particularly for the current-gen versions. So recommending someone to buy the game is something that I don't really do unless they're bored, got money to burn and enjoy the Metal Gear series. With that said, playing the game for the first time is a thrill. You're thrown at Camp Omega without a damn clue as to the layout of the map and where your second target is.

By watching someone else play you have basically robbed yourself of the experience. I think this is why the other missions are unlocked AFTER completing the main Ground Zeroes missions--for that first-time feeling. Think about it like watching Sons of Liberty before playing it. Kind of ruins the experience although for Sons of Liberty its more story-related.

With that said, there are extra missions and it seems like they're going to throw in another mission May 1st. None of these missions are like the Peace Walker grinding-by-destroying-reskinned-tanks missions. Each one has a unique goal and requires a different strategy, usually, until you get experienced enough.

It's worth at least a rental. Used copies probably are already circulating.

I know you replied ages ago and probably don't give a shit, but fuck man. I know what you're saying. Should have got my hands on a copy.

Thing is - didn't have a PS3 with at the time. It was itching, so I couldn't resist.
About to get a PS4 for NY.
(04-25-2014 09:33 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Ravi raised a point I've been meaning to make. Is having Miller ramble on each and every time I play really better than codec calls interrupting you? At least with those I could just hit a button fast or like in MGS2 and MGS3, just hit triangle, but now I've heard "Their names have nothing to do with their skills, it's because the two were less than human. Just an eye to find a target, and a finger to pull the trigger." so many times it's getting permanently burned into my brain, since I can't find the last hidden stuff....

Fuck man.
I still think the codecs were the main thing that stood out about MGS. Those were a stroke of genius (when used correctly). Kojima went full retard when he axed those in MGS4. It fucking sucked.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
11-26-2014, 10:09 AM
I kinda agree about the codec calls, but honestly, now a days stopping you from playing I dont think is a very good decision to make. I want to explore, jump around and shoot some person while the game tells me what is my objective and where I should be going to.
11-28-2014, 02:53 PM
so basically you want every other 'dventure game lol.
In all seriousness though - codecs were a welcome break in the action the moment for which you could choose on your own.

You wanna sneak through tank hangar? Do that.
You want listen to Ms. Romanenko/Snake/Sigint out about the new weapon you picked up in the previous section? You can do that any time you want.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
11-28-2014, 03:43 PM
(11-26-2014 10:09 AM)Snakes Fan NOTGAY Wrote:  I kinda agree about the codec calls, but honestly, now a days stopping you from playing I dont think is a very good decision to make. I want to explore, jump around and shoot some person while the game tells me what is my objective and where I should be going to.

Metal Gear has generally been a fairly deep and substantial game in terms of what it offered. It was never a traditional shallow action game like Syphon Filter, and yet that's exactly what you've proposed. Part of what you're either not getting or what you've forgotten is that the games did tell you what to fo and where to go, but it did that by having the supporting characters aid you over the radio. That's part of what gave the games so much atmosphere and depth, the feeling of isolation, and so forth. It was a very grounded game, and stripping all that depth and substance in MGS4 and onward is the reason so many dislike those games.

It's not often an opinion can be wrong, but yours is certainly out to lunch and I hope you never have a say in the creation of video games.

:)

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Shuyo Murata is one of the writers. Does that say anything?

Who the fuck even reads signatures these days? Oh right...
12-19-2014, 01:53 AM
I think this probably sums it up pretty well. Didn't check to see if it was posted before though. However, it might take you longer to watch this video that it will to play Ground Zeroes, lol.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
12-20-2014, 05:21 AM
It's funny how Angry Joe says he likes the game, but still proceeds to trash it because he is a cheap ass mother fucker. Was it priced a little high? YES. Is it really that big of a deal? NO. Also, if you're an achievement/trophy hunter, this game isn't exactly short.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
12-20-2014, 07:41 AM
It is buggy and lacks a Platinum, along with series staples like overhead icons and Extreme, Stealth, Bandana, etc. Oh, and the fucking Tuxedo!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Overhead icons exist in that game.

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
12-20-2014, 03:28 PM
How the fuck do I activate them then!? I thought I had to turn Marking on, but that did fuck all. Then I tried Action Icons, and that did a lot of sweet F-A, so da FUK!?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-20-2014, 03:40 PM
(12-20-2014 01:53 PM)Metal Gear Z Wrote:  Overhead icons exist in that game.

Only if you have the markers on which is gay...

I'm not losing sleep over the lack of extras in this game since it IS just a $20 prologue. I just miss the custom music support on PS4/PC that the PS3 had. Guess I won't be listening to David Bowie on my Idroid.
12-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I TURNED MARKING ON AND IT DID SWEET FUCK ALL!!! I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS TO POINT OUT THE SEVERITY OF THE SITUATION!!!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-27-2014, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 04:50 AM by Ocelot's Cheer Squad.)
I'd like if there were some 100% completion bonuses so that I'd feel like constantly repeating missions to try S-rank them, or trying to do every shitty trial had a point (SPOT EVERY ENEMY! YOU DID? NOW YOU CAN NEUTRALIZE EVERY ENEMY! rinse and repeat for 100% completion, oh god fuck off). Like, I dunno, we unlock the Cigar, which goes in the same slot as the NVG. It lowers health while improving your aim like in every other game. The bandanna, stealth camo, a cardboard box, etc, just something to make repeatedly doing missions worth it so we can have fun fucking around.

Anyways, GZ is fun but I don't know if it's up to MGS standards. I mean shit, the tanker chapter had guards notice my shadow, broken bottles, sneezing etc. That isn't true of GZ afaik. It makes me worried for PP. Hell, I actually liked rescuing POWs in GZ because it was kind of tense; try getting the intel soldier from the Air Gun destruction mission. It's fucking tough. In PP? Fultons are back, and now you have unlimited amounts of them assuming you have the GMP. And you can fulton everything. One of the things I LIKED about GZ is already confirmed to be gone or at least made redundant. I'm cautiously enthusiastic about PP, and I wish I was full-on hyped instead.
12-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Honestly, Ground Zeroes felt a hell of a lot more like Splinter Cell to me than Metal Gear.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)