So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
08-25-2014, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 04:30 AM by Canucklehead.)
RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
So why'd they remove so many things from MGS4? I mean, mo more Octocamo or having to press a button to take cover, thank fuck. But when you're prone by a ledge, no more peaking over or dropping down from prone? Why? No more knocking, which baffles me completely. Why have the dive move on its own separate button instead of the Crouch button? Why can't I go into 1st person view unless I aim a weapon or use my binos? Some things make no sense to me at all.

I do love the things they've done here. I love that cameras return, I love that you don't have to fucking crawl EVERYWHERE anymore, I love that the areas are non-linear, etc. There's just the few odd choices made to remove things that were actually useful, or to waste buttons on useless or redundant things.

I am actually pretty psyched for Phantom Pain now though. Not really for the story; I'm sure they'll fuck it up like every game after MGS1. But the game itself is actually fun to play again, so I'm in.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
08-25-2014, 04:18 AM
Don't tell me how to spend my money devil woman.

It's not 75c over here its fucking $30 for a glorified demo which will possibly be packaged with TPP when its released. So fuckidy fuck that.

Besides I've not played piss walker yet so I'll have no idea what the fucks going on.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
08-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Trust me, playing Piss Walker for the story is not the way to go. Barely anything relevant happens, and all I needed to know in regards to Ground Zeroes is who Paz & Chico are, neither of which are main plot elements in Peace Walker...Paz is important at the VERY end, but the main game had concluded by then, and you need to unlock the final Chapter to see the actual ending.

If you're not playing Peace Walker for the co-pp, don't bother. Just read a plot synopsis - it's the first Metal Gear since the very first that's not actually worth playing solely for the story.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-25-2014, 04:25 AM

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599
08-25-2014, 05:17 AM
(08-25-2014 04:24 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Trust me, playing Piss Walker for the story is not the way to go. Barely anything relevant happens, and all I needed to know in regards to Ground Zeroes is who Paz & Chico are, neither of which are main plot elements in Peace Walker...Paz is important at the VERY end, but the main game had concluded by then, and you need to unlock the final Chapter to see the actual ending.

If you're not playing Peace Walker for the co-pp, don't bother. Just read a plot synopsis - it's the first Metal Gear since the very first that's not actually worth playing solely for the story.

Now I'm conflicted.

I'm the kind of fuck who simply can't play a sequel before playing the original but Goddamn if I don't have the time to play games I used to.

08-25-2014, 05:29 AM
Here, problem solved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cy7E76mBL0

08-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Thanks for that.

Old topic I know but what do people thing of Wood's art being used for the cutscenes?

08-25-2014, 05:53 AM
I liked it, keeping in mind that I kept in mind the fact that Piss Walker was originally a handheld game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-25-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's ok but I would prefer animated cutscenes.

08-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Ha ha, Deja Vu mission was awesome! Had to do it twice because I didn't realize the vent was the exit and I hadn't done the APC/Tank scene, but next go was perfect, and I can't really brag since it was onviously Normal on my first go, but I answered all questions correctly from memory, obviously, and now I'm stuck on the Hideo screen and I think my PS3 froze because even the Home button does fuck all.

Good times!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-25-2014, 01:25 PM
First go at the Hard quiz. Aced it, of course.

Man, I'm a loser!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Ugh, the more I play this damn thing, the more wrong it seems that the "!" and other things don't pop above characters' heads. I mean, that'd be like making a Splinter Cell game without the goggles, or a Silent Hill that thinks the fog & dark worlds are parallel dimensions or whatever. It just isn't quite right, y'know?

I know Loljima wanted to take a more realistic approach since Snake Eater; I recall reading something about him debating on whether he was going to have the symbols pop or not in some preview article back before it came out.

The option to turn them back on would at least be nice, cause the game feels a little too...Chaos Theory to me. I mean, I'm enjoying it and all, but I'm enjoying it more as a Splinter Cell game than a Metal Gear game - tone & atmosphere are very important things in defining the feel a game has, and Metal Gear always had a very arcadish feel, and now it feels too serious. Hell, even MGS1, the most serious of the games up until now, still felt like a game. Ground Zeroes is something different...good, but different, and not quite Metal Gear.

Hope Phantom Pain brings that stuff back. If Loljima wants to do away with it, make it a fucking option.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Yeah Kojima needs to be wary of taking shit too seriously.

It's fucking Metal Gear we're talking about here, giant tanks, super villains with super powers etc. So hiding in a cardboard box isn't silly but having exclamation marks pop up is over the line?

Fuck you Kojioma you fucking vile cunt.

08-27-2014, 12:40 AM
(08-26-2014 06:06 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Hope Phantom Pain brings that stuff back. If Loljima wants to do away with it, make it a fucking option.

I can't recall Ground Zeroes but the most recent gameplay footage of The Phantom Pain shows "!" popping up.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-27-2014, 01:11 AM
All is forgiven Kojima.

I lurve you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)