So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
04-26-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: So, is Grund Zeroz shit?
That's annoying yeah. Luckily from the looks of things they heard us and they're gonna fix it for TPP.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
04-26-2014, 03:28 AM
Metal Gear, in general, is now garbage.
04-27-2014, 10:31 PM
It's fuckin' great. People have just lost their shit nitpicking it to death.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
08-22-2014, 07:02 PM
I've onlu done a stealth run through Ground Zeroes, and then a CoD-run through the one where you take out the AA guns and wacape before the bombing run, since that's the only one of these operations that SOf would actually fucking do in real life.

I actually like it. Well, what it could be anyway. It's pretty shoddy, and really does feel like a promo demo of an unfinished game. Lots of things are kinda wonky, like diving off shit or movement around numerous objects with the newish cover system. Oh, and don't get me started on pressing Triangle and taking bets on what action BB will actually take. Overall though, it was fairly solid. I'm a little perplexed that there's no items, even Cigars, aside from the NODs (BB should be wearing MNVGs by now, no?), and no knocking even though R1 does nothing by itself while in cover?

I'm not anbig fan of the CQC, but then I thought MGS3's CQC was the best one anyway. I really hate the health regen too. It really shallows up the game, which has great atmosphere until you get into a fight, because there's no real consequences for fucking up anymore. Also, exteacting Paz really drives home how muh I wish the games still had music playing during the sneaking phase. That moody piano amplified te game's mood by a billion.

I also see no reason for a sprint button with the totally controllable speed dealie on the stick. It's one of yhe things that made Soul Reaver awesome back in the day. I can't help but think that the sprint is barely faster than normal running, and that L3 could have been used for something much better.

I like that most of the things I was pissed about can be turned off. I have yet to have on-screen marked enemies, slo-mo reflex bullshit, or contextual prompts piss in my corn flakes, and I'll never fucking turn that shit on. I hope Extreme disables health regen altogether, even if there are no healing items at all. I don't know how that self-aid emergency tning works though, where you have to mash whatever the fuck the "Action Button" is while "in cover." But fuck it.

Actually, on that note, checkpoints just pop so frequenty that I usually just hit reload any tome things didn't go my way, which illustrates how shitty auto-save, checkpoints & regen are - I don't give enough of a shit to play as well as I can because of those Easy Buttons.

I thought the iDroid running off my iPhone was really neat. It's like actually having Soliton Radar, so that's cool.

I also like the enemy damage model. And the fact that you get overwhelmed pretty easy, even if it's even easier to just fight them off and lay behind a cactus an have everyone forget you exist.

Othet shit, etc. Yeah, I enjoyedthis DEMO more than MGS4, and I have good expectations for Phantom Pain if they unfuck the shit they dun fucked up in this here demo...DEMO, RAVI! I'm gonna play a little more tomorrow and get a better grasp of the intricacies of the stealth system and shit, and the CQC, and figure out the layout of the base. I haven't driven a vehicle yet either, so there's much to see, but so far, it's been a decent DEMO, even if it was $15 too fucking expensive.

Also, is it just me, or are the symbols over people's heads gone now!? And on the note of symbols, I REALLY wish Kojima had done a bit more research and used ACTUAL map symbols for the game instead of these dumb arbitrary triangles and circles and shit. Be a lot easier to understand.

Anyway, yeah, demo was decent aside from the price, which should have been $0.00, but oh well. I'll just steal a copy of Phantom Pain when it comes out - fucking paying for a demo AND the game.

Oh, and just for kicks, I see no more bandana. Bout fucking time! BB looks good, though the mullet still sucks

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
08-23-2014, 12:38 AM
It's $30 hot shit. But half off like some of these deals going around now? Nah. Tides me over till Phantom Pain comes out.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
08-23-2014, 04:32 AM
Mine was $20, with 25% off, since I guess people were like "fuck paying for a demo!" So don't you fucking tell me how much I paid, son!

Also, I set a new record: Longest headshot - 2.6 meters. Take that, Chico, you little fuck!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-23-2014, 06:08 AM
It was on special on PSN over here last week, don't know if that was a worldwide thing or not.

Either way yeah they fucked up by not calling this MGS5: Prologue.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: Go Fuck Yourself!
08-23-2014, 07:14 AM
They also fucked up by not having a Cardboard Box. What is this, Snake's Revenge 2?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-23-2014, 07:33 AM
There's no cardboard box in GZ?

I'm not touching that shit.

08-23-2014, 10:27 AM
(08-23-2014 07:33 AM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  There's no cardboard box in GZ?

I'm not touching that shit.
The only thing I can say in defense is the fact that it's returning in The Phantom Pain.

But I wonder what people think of the Cardboard Box in TPP, since you can put saucy chicks on it. No more is it just the most basic method of discretion...

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
08-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance here but the images that you put on the boxes and logos and such which seem to be customizable.

Can you just use whatever images you want on them or is it only set stuff?

08-24-2014, 10:35 AM
(08-23-2014 07:00 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  Forgive me for my ignorance here but the images that you put on the boxes and logos and such which seem to be customizable.

Can you just use whatever images you want on them or is it only set stuff?
I don't know. If it were possible to use custom images, how would they have an effect on enemy patrols? For all I know you could put some random Internet image of a lady in a bikini on your box but it would just be purely aesthetic.

As for logos, I definitely don't know how that will work, either, but it sounds awesome. I wonder what I should call my group. I was thinking "Mortified Penguin", but that wouldn't make sense....maybe I should stick with "Diamond Dogs". Or, maybe if it were possible to name your own group, it'd have to be two words with the same first letter. That'll take a while for me. "Putrid Penguin" instead? Eh...

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
08-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I'd puy my dick on mine, and then I'd have a dick in a box! Plus, I'd be in the box, so I' have a box with two dicks.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

08-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Dickception.

08-25-2014, 04:02 AM
It's as simple as this. If you're a real Metal Gear fan, you shoudl buy it. Just buy it. It's not that much money, at all. I don't see how this even comes up in question still. It's like saying "Do I REALLY wanna buy this soda for an ENTIRE $0.75!?"

[Image: tumblr_mt0datDwt91rt6u7do1_400.gif]
PSN ID: BigBoss599

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)