So how does the Quiet trick work again?
01-10-2016, 08:36 PM
So how does the Quiet trick work again?
I know she can eventually go away somewhere in Act 2. I've just completed Mission 31 and am now beginning that chapter.

I've heard about Konami's stupid update to play her encounter 7 times to get her back. F-that.

I heard there was a way such that she doesn't leave at all or something. Like sticking a butterfly emblem on our DD logo. Does that still work?

I find her a useful buddy for clearing up repetitive Side-Ops by just having her go kill everyone to make life easier.
01-10-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: So how does the Quiet trick work again?
Yea I believe if you equip the butterfly emblem she will stay with you. But supposedly you won't be able to reach 100% with butterfly emblem equipped.
01-11-2016, 05:16 AM
Does she leave for a reason, or is it a glitch?

Also, now that I beat Mission 30 (where you destroy sillypus and commit war crimes against Skull Face), can I trigger Quiet's Extreme fight if I just go straight to the area where you fight her? I'd like her to actually wear some clothes...

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-11-2016, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 11:38 AM by jdnation.)
(01-10-2016 10:03 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Yea I believe if you equip the butterfly emblem she will stay with you. But supposedly you won't be able to reach 100% with butterfly emblem equipped.

Does 100% refer to your buddy relationship meter? I've already maxed it out.

So do I just equip the emblem now and keep it there until that mission is over?

Or does 100% refer to your game progress? I don't care about that so it wouldn't affect me.
01-11-2016, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 12:30 PM by BigB0SS.)
(01-11-2016 05:16 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Does she leave for a reason, or is it a glitch?

Also, now that I beat Mission 30 (where you destroy sillypus and commit war crimes against Skull Face), can I trigger Quiet's Extreme fight if I just go straight to the area where you fight her? I'd like her to actually wear some clothes...

I hear you. I got tired of seeing her ass/tits 24/7 and eventually put the XOF uniform on her. Nah. The extreme Quiet fight is mission 40. The majority of chapter 2 are repeat missions. Some of the repeat missions become available at the same time. So when they become available at the same time means you can skip ahead some.

(01-11-2016 11:37 AM)jdnation Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 10:03 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Yea I believe if you equip the butterfly emblem she will stay with you. But supposedly you won't be able to reach 100% with butterfly emblem equipped.

Does 100% refer to your buddy relationship meter? I've already maxed it out.

So do I just equip the emblem now and keep it there until that mission is over?

Or does 100% refer to your game progress? I don't care about that so it wouldn't affect me.

Her leaving doesn't take place until after mission 40. Playing mission 40 won't put you in jeopardy of losing her. But playing beyond that point opens up missions that lead to mission 45 when she leaves. 41 and 43 are story related. 42 and 44 are extreme and total stealth repeat missions.

You won't be able to reach 100% of game progress if butterfly emblem is equipped (supposedly). You can reach 100% bond with Quiet long before she leaves. And when she leaves all of her items and bond stats disappear. It's much easier to just level everything up before she leaves, develop all her weapons/uniforms. Then start mission 41, etc. If you choose to re-obtain her, all her items and bond stats will be where they were before she left.

It's also smart to get all missions s ranked and tasks completed with her before letting her go (if you rely upon her to achieve those things. That was my strategy before they let you re-obtain her, but I suppose since you can re-obtain her now it doesn't matter as much).

In all honesty, using the butterfly emblem doesn't serve much purpose anymore. It was useful before there was a method for re-obtaining her. Replaying mission 11 seven times is annoying but can be done quickly since you're already familiar with battle at that point.
01-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Okay I will just try the butterfly emblem thing so I can keep her the first time around.

My only self-imposed goals were completing all 157 Side Ops and all Story missions. I guess that includes the repeats on extreme/subs/p.stealth, though that part will depend on how frustrating some of them might be.

Having Quiet around is good for those side ops where eliminating tank/enemy units gets done faster. I don't much care for S-ranks and am just aiming for the completion trophies.
01-11-2016, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 01:00 PM by BigB0SS.)
I gotcha. I never actually tried the butterfly emblem technique... only heard about it. If you need more information you can find it in this article:

http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/metalge...-game.aspx

Also seems side op 150 needs to be avoided (one of those side ops that is story related and deals with Quiet). Here's another a forum post/question about how butterfly emblem works:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-me...n/72517973
01-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Hmmm... so from what I understand, her leaving is necessary to unlock particular missions...?

So it's possible to keep her using the emblem to complete all Side-Ops except for 150 and main mission 45 which only unlock after she leaves...?

So at some point I'm going to have to drop the emblem and let her leave to get the necessary missions until game over.

Fair enough, so long as I can finish the game after maximizing her usage for other missions.

Is she available for Extreme Repeat missions?
01-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Yea sounds about right. I think mission 45 and side op 150 will mean her leaving. You should be able to complete most of the extreme, perfect stealth, subsistence missions prior to letting her go. Although not sure if all of them can be completed because you may have to complete 45 to get some of them to become available.
01-11-2016, 03:03 PM
After Mission 30, how many of them are actual story levels and how many are just "Hard Mode" levels?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-11-2016, 03:55 PM
7 are "normal" missions (though only 3 have really anything to do with the plot.) and the remaining 11 are "hard mode"
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
That's 48 Missions, but aren't there 51 or something?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Oh right, I meant 12. 31st is the one where you blow up metal gear. There's only 50 in the game, and the 51st was that cut one that's viewable on youtube.
01-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Heavy on the Rog! Fuck this game. Looks like it's back to Snake's Revenge for me.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-12-2016, 03:54 AM
So if you really really want to complete the mission 7 times do you have to tranq her or is it okay to blast her with a tank 7 times?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)