So I just learnt about this forced-FOB shit...
10-06-2015, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 02:39 AM by Victor Katilis.)
RE: So I just learnt about this forced-FOB shit...
Hahahahahaha oh wow.

Why would anyone use that shit though?

I've got 1700 staff right now. With 450 in the waiting room.
I've only been invaded once so far - successfully defended from a more experienced guy who kept stunning (non lethal is the most overpowered BS in online) me until I gave him a bit of his own medicine and threw him off the top command platform heliport. My staff spent 7 hours scrubbing off his brains off the deck.

And about lethally neutralized staff - only a small fraction are KIA, the rest of them are transfered to the sickbay. That fag killed 8 of my staff - 2 A, 5 A+ and 1 A++. In the end, only one A guy really died. The rest were injured.

I do like the rest of the stuff they introduced, except the paid construction time reduction - this shit is retarded. WHY? Just order the construction before you go to bed or in the beginning of the day, turn off your console and go to sleep/do other stuff. The whole thing is an online process. Having to wait 12 hours actually gives you a real sense of progression.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-06-2015, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 09:17 PM by jdnation.)
The icing on the cake here though is that this can be compared to a company who sells you a house, but built the house with an exploit wherein people are encouraged to come in and rob you, and if you don't like it you pay a subscription fee for them to patch the exploit.

It's a racket if ever I saw one! I'm surprised Konami didn't just put out a F2P version of the Mother Base system. Maybe this is what MGS6 will be.

Secrets of F2P: Threat Generation
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShok...ration.php

Edit:

Oh shit! Is this true now?

"So, let me get this straight to see if I understand what they did here:

1- Dispatch missions now take a lot longer, usually I'd have a few D-E that needed 5-10 minutes, now the smallest one is 14 minutes and the others over 30 minutes.

2- Money and all extra resources over a cap go to the FOB (over 6 of a gun placement, over 3 of a vehicle, 150 of each plant, even processed resources now go there).

3- If you go offline, you'll suddenly lose money (why the hell your money is going to the FOB still baffles me, they are probably keeping that as a backup if you decide to backup your save and cheat losing money and etc).

4- Even with all that, you can still grind offline resources. I thought they would patch this?

Is there anything else? Besides the obvious insurance scam."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=760

"Now vehicles, plants and other stuff also go into your FOB and you can't sell them.
I had 11 tanks before the patch

after the patch I had 3 offline (the maximum lol) and 8 online and was only able to sell the 3 offline ones

the rest are just there"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=604

" I developed something that cost 2000 Minor Metal and it took everything out of my offline pool. So you can't sell the online resources and you can't use them.. what's the point?"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=622

"I almost never deployed vehicles. I sold them for money. I can no longer do that, so yes, absolutely everything has changed from my perspective from a gameplay standpoint.

Also, since your vehicles are locked behind your online FOB(s) now, you can no longer deploy them while offline (obviously).

There's no hysteria, just massive annoyance at KONAMI making a massive change that has no benefit to the player whatsoever and negatively affects their single-player experience all just to try to sell them some bullshit contrived idea of a microtransaction.

It does not give me a reason to farm stuff. It has convinced me to never farm anything again in this game. I'm going to power through the rest of the main missions and not bother to Fulton shit anymore. All that time and GMP I spent Fultoning resources up until now? Most of it's trapped behind some online portion I have no interest in engaging with."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=629

THEY ALTERED THE WAY THE FOB AND MB SHARE RESOURCES THROUGH THE PATCH SO THAT FOB INVASIONS TAKE MORE OF YOUR SHIT AND LOCK IT! WOW!

[Image: P6PLRJq.png]

[Image: img%5D]

[Image: 07CW9dp.gif]
10-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Unless they come out with DLC, story mode is useless after getting all the trophies anyway. This FOB shit really does sicken me. So far MGO looks okay at least. Nothing spectacular, but certainly a good distraction from these fucking dumb base games.

Konami a shit

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-06-2015, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 09:26 PM by jdnation.)
(10-06-2015 08:35 PM)sput Wrote:  Unless they come out with DLC, story mode is useless after getting all the trophies anyway. This FOB shit really does sicken me. So far MGO looks okay at least. Nothing spectacular, but certainly a good distraction from these fucking dumb base games.

Konami a shit

Oh there's DLC! Some of it stuff we used to get for free that you unlock by playing the game!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120936

The worst thing is that it fucks with your single player progress. I've only just finished mission 17 today and had been doing every Side Op strictly to get resources, staff and GMP. I don't know whether I should just stop and make a fucking run for the end because I don't know what Konami will patch in later to fuck it up. Maybe I shouldn't have installed that update today and just continued to be offline. I didn't download MGO3 either given I'm not planning to pay for PS+ and don't want stuff I don't use taking up harddrive space.
10-06-2015, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 09:53 PM by Brian O'Blivion.)
Unless that DLC is free which I doubt, it's pretty fucking hilarious to me that we've come full circle to the Oblivion horse armor DLC from 2006.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/03/downl...r-a-price/

EDIT: Apparently it's $0.99 per skin.
10-07-2015, 03:51 AM
(10-06-2015 09:25 PM)jdnation Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 08:35 PM)sput Wrote:  Unless they come out with DLC, story mode is useless after getting all the trophies anyway. This FOB shit really does sicken me. So far MGO looks okay at least. Nothing spectacular, but certainly a good distraction from these fucking dumb base games.

Konami a shit

Oh there's DLC! Some of it stuff we used to get for free that you unlock by playing the game!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120936

This shit is pretty dumb. I thought those were just MGO3 costumes.

(10-06-2015 09:25 PM)jdnation Wrote:  The worst thing is that it fucks with your single player progress. I've only just finished mission 17 today

Oh boy, are you going slow because of work or something? If you're taking your time with the game it's just going to disappoint you by the end

(10-06-2015 09:25 PM)jdnation Wrote:  not planning on paying for PS+
Fair enough. I keep forgetting almost none of you have toasters to play on.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-07-2015, 10:28 AM
(10-07-2015 03:51 AM)sput Wrote:  Oh boy, are you going slow because of work or something? If you're taking your time with the game it's just going to disappoint you by the end

Yeah, work and life in general. Also I admit I am taking my time by doing side-ops and tend to try clearing every one before attempting the next main mission. The game is still fun to play, and I figure if I do side-ops now, I'd earn GMP, staff and resources to be better prepared for missions ahead and maybe develop some cool fun stuff.

So in a way I'm not only only mission 18, but I've completed every side op along the way which is like 50+ or something.

Also I tend to take the stealth/no kills approach which also makes things harder and requires patience, and I try to get every resources/diamonds that I can along the way so that I exhaust everything I can. So these also extend the time I take playing the game, but that's just how I roll.

Quote:Fair enough. I keep forgetting almost none of you have toasters to play on.

Yeah I'm not a multiplayer guy. More so because I'm too busy, I also suck at competitive things, and if I get game time I prefer to be entertained by narrative. I did play a good bit of MGO on PS3, Mainly because the online was free and I participated in the Beta for MGS4 because I wanted to have fun with people from TUS back in the day. If online was free for PS4 I'd have given it a shot, but man I just don't have time for videogames anymore, so I'm pretty selective in what I play now. I honestly wouldn't even mind trying out the FOB stuff and invasions, if only that pool of shit you keep there remained online only and didn't interfere with your single player progress.

That's the real problem here. I don't have time. I'm spending whatever time I get on single player, and I really really don't want FOB fucking that up to any point where my progression is hindered. it's bullshit. It's deliberate shit game design. It's forced and everyone knows why Konami's doing it.
10-09-2015, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 07:55 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Seriously though, I have no idea why would you worry about vehicles, cause they sell for nothing. Resources and plants give you much more money. Whoever that guy selling vehicles on that forum is a fucking idiot.
And nobody can steal vehicles from you. Who the fuck cares.

I keep my GMP in millions at all times with no effort, all the while ordering some pretty expensive ass R'&'D projects.

And Jdnation, I already told you that your progression will not be hindered. Maximum that you can lose is some unprocessed resources (they cannot steal processed, and mining tick is like every 15 minutes) and 8 dudes, which most likely will be A to A+ at max - for me at least, I don't have any Bs or less anymore and my S-S+ are all under direct contract besides the combat and security (I've got at least 60 of them). I also told you that by the time you reach 20s, you'll see S-ranks at almost any outpost.

Also, all the stuff being put online is OVER the offline cap that was ALWAYS there. Before - you would just top out.

Stop being so paranoid, goddamn it.

My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-14-2015, 07:17 PM
MGSV: Konami Offline Tax for players who opt out of FOBs

[Image: UnknownPitifulChupacabra.gif]
10-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Update:

Given new comments over on Steam, the exploit seems to have been patched. The only way to avoid being affected by infiltration is to never connect online ever again.

I'm currently completing Side-Ops before heading into Mission 20. Completing whatever I can before heading into the Mission 21/22 when the FOB thing occurs.
10-14-2015, 08:33 PM
...Its like they don't want you to play FOB at all. I swear KONAMI its like you can't stop crapping on your titles.
10-14-2015, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 09:00 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Quote:The only way to avoid being affected by infiltration is to never connect online ever again.

Or stop giving a fuck. I haven't seen a single FOB invasion notice (be it mine or friendly FOB) in about a week.
Everybody who gave a shit about online is already playing MGO, which is unsurprising since the whole FOB thing is a complete fucking unimaginative afterthought. I didn't invade once - but seeing from the recent event where you infiltrate a base hosted by devs - invading the same fucking struts (no customization at all, only difference is how well equipped they are) every time for questionable rewards (I can get more staff and resources from just playing 3 hours of SP than if I sat all day playing FOBs) gets really fucking boring.

Add in a huge difficulty spike when the defender arrives (coupled with the fact it resets to the beginning of the strut) - it is small wonder why everyone stopped bothering about this shit mode.

There's stiall a couple things it is good for, though:

My vision is augmented ©
10-16-2015, 12:11 PM
There t may be evidence that the tax thing may be a bug
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=181860767

Also it seems players are having GMP taken not through deciding to go offline or for even internet issues but because Konami's own servers aredisconnecting them! LOL!
[Image: CRaL2q6XIAA4Sji.jpg]
10-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Speaking of whiich, they posted a notice that they are fixing the way online GMP and resources work, whatever the fuck that supposed to entail.

My vision is augmented ©
10-16-2015, 03:47 PM
So wait, I haven't bothered to play this game at all yet (haven't even opened it), but if I'm reading this right, does this mean that once shit goes to my FOB, I will never be able to use it again? So if I get over 3 of a certain vehicle, or over a certain amount of money, etc, and it goes to my FOB, and then one of those vehicles gets destroyed, or I sell it, I won't be able to go and get another one from my FOB? Same with money and everything else?

So, if I can never access my FOB, then what the fuck is the point of it?

I have to be reading this wrong. And if I'm not, would unplugging my PS4 from the internet, before I even start playing the game, solve this issue?

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)