Small changes and a semi-goodbye
04-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Small changes and a semi-goodbye
I am retiring my role here at The Snake Soup, remaining only as owner and occasional contributor.

No, it's not an April Fools joke. I really am going to take a very limited role here on The Snake Soup as announced on the 30th of March. It's been a good run guys. However, this time was bound to occur sometime, and I have been thinking about this long and hard the past few months and it all makes sense to me.

The Snake Soup has always been a hobby of mine. Among obligations I have made, responsibilities I have taken and the usual socializing in my life, I found much pleasure in discussing the Metal Gear series as much as I had. This pleasure has deteriorated though and I find myself feeling like it is an outright chore to do so these days.

I will be working on having other people contribute at least for news. This will involve a strict manual of style and etiquette as well as a staff of editors. The forums will still be up; No point in letting a community go to waste just because I'm mentally exhausted. Yeah, I'm retired. This is good, isn't it? Time to have some fun! I feel... asleep.

PS: Please don't send me death threats, I'm not Hideo Kojima. Thank you.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
04-02-2012, 01:47 AM

You'll be back.
04-02-2012, 02:02 AM

GRRRR I'm gonna cut ya if ya don't make moar articles! :evil:
No but really, I understand somewhat. The important parts of the series have all been wrapped up so the series has devolved into nothing but spinoffs, you've given much work TRYING to explain the meaning behind why MGS2 is what it is, and Kojima is KIND OF moving away from Metal Gear with the whole Devil project thing (although he's likely to come back to MGS anyway. We need another Snatcher GAME!). I might have joined the community far too late but....
It's been a good run....
Stay Golden....
...Bang
04-02-2012, 02:13 AM

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
04-02-2012, 04:23 AM

:o For real? Did not see that one coming. :cry: But you'll stick around anyway, huh?

Here's to you, then!

No, it's not me! ^^

P.S.: It might be late, but you don't have to make Metal Gear anymore.

The Times Wrote:
Punished Shinobi
A Member who lost his Past
[Image: 2r77bkm.jpg]
04-02-2012, 05:06 AM

Well atleast you didn't kill the site like some people would have.

Thank you for many years of humorous articles, insightful analysis, and current news about the Metal Gear Series.

May you fare well.
04-02-2012, 05:41 AM

Man, couldn't you have waited until AFTER I shut down KPN? Now I'm going to seem like a copycat. Jerk.

Pentarou Wrote:
PUNISHED NITROID
A Visionary robbed of his Fansite

[Image: sig_kpnbanner.png]
04-02-2012, 06:42 AM

“Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.”

In saying that, I want to say thank you. We had nothing in common when I logged on and asked you if I could stay. I suppose then it was we found out our common ground. We would become friends. At a distance, yes...but we did just fine.

We were not always though, and the time lost will never be given back to us, but our common hearts regained that something that was left behind..our friendship.

I was young when I first met you, in many ways, I still am. You were always patient with such things, taught me too that somewhere out there is pleasant conversation, understanding and forgivness.

I could fill your forum with memories both good and bad, but we know what they are, and more than anyone here could ever know. I trusted you with so many of my thoughts and feelings. What else could I have asked for that March day when I logged on?
The sentimental me will always be that heart that wishes you only the best. The logical me will always wonder why you gave me the chance to love you as my good friend.
Thank you for everything.

I will never say goodbye, and so I'll give you this...

Thank You for having me back. I will always wish you, and your members only the best.

it is what it is
04-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Long-time lurker dropping in to wish you well (and yeah okay, to feel involved, when I totally shouldn't).

The Soup always struck me as a very different sort of fansite to others that try to act as some sort of 'professional' muted platform. What set the Soup apart is that you were unafraid to have opinions, and to express them in a very acerbic, humourous way. At the same time, in amongst all the memes and jokes, you balanced it, by looking at it from the devs point of view, and usually never bowing to the sort of fanrage that inevitably crops up in fansites. It's a tough tightrope to walk, put you pulled it off with every update. The Soup won't be the same without you.

Peace out, Ravi. All the best.
04-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Sorry to hear you're leaving but I believe it's for the best.

"Indeed Snakes and Ravis do not make the best of friends."

「Желаю вам успеха!!
R・A・V・I・・・・」

「Желаю вам усцeхa!!
J・U・N・K・E・R・・・・」
04-02-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the laughs, helping me beat Metal Gear 2, and lending your voice to my upcoming Metal Gear movie. Good luck brother.

[Image: henryrollins2.jpg]
http://www.youtube.com/NourishedPsyche
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Heilige!
04-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Ravi left The Soup,
not for honor, but for me.
In my time, there'll be no one else.
Soup Eater.

He only gets off his bike when he falls in love, or falls dead.

He wasn't afraid of a little thunder.

He's better off without snakes.

He wanted to be called E.E.

He laughed and grew fat.

His name was Helena Dolph Jackson.

He's no dog. He's a wolf.

He was pretty good.

He doesn't need to feel the wind anymore.

The body that left The Soup, wasn't Ravi's.
It was that of a clone.
Ravidus.

Otacon: What's your situation?
Raiden: Wet and miserable.
[Image: 65132993053652116_4.gif]
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Old Shinobi Wrote::o For real? Did not see that one coming.

Psycho Mantis did.
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM

>implying you won't be back in 2013 when MGS5's first trailer shows up.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)