Skull Face's first appearance in MGS3?
02-23-2014, 03:20 AM
RE: Skull Face's first appearance in MGS3?
(02-22-2014 10:20 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Gentapo is now just "someone on a MGS forum"

http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/c.../1ym8mg/_/

Damn the Patriots!

I'm just dillydallying
02-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Wolfe posted about this and expanded it with his own theory regarding "the ones who don't exist."

http://metagearsolid.org/2014/02/skull-f...d-in-mgs3/

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
02-23-2014, 04:50 AM
While I still think it's just a random casualty of war in the picture, it wouldn't surprise me if Kojima tried to retcon that too. But having said that I do like that when you saw this picture originally in MGS3 in that context it reflected Paramedic's caring, supportive health care professional image.

However in this new Dr Clark context it puts a much more evil spin on the exact same photo. Kind of like "The Conversation" only if it had used the exact same "He'll kill us if he get's the chance" audio clip throughout the film without coping out and recording the dialogue in different ways.
02-23-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 06:08 PM by DarthCaligula.)
Someone needs to tell Mr. Wolfe that Dr. Clark being referred to as a man in MGS1 was only in the English script (oh boy I hope I'm not making myself look like an idiot. I can't remember if Naomi talks too much about Dr. Clark during the part when she reveals the truth about herself and Frank Jaeger, and so I don't know if she says "kare" when referring to Dr. Clark then). Maybe I could actually write some myth article on it, but I'm not sure if my sense of humor would work, and I'd probably just end up making it kind of dry. Hell, I could provide the information, and then someone else could write the article and put in all the necessary dick jokes and such.
You know, speculating on this game isn't so much fun for me since MGS4's retcons screwed with so much. I made that topic about my idea about how we'd be playing as what are pretty much the bad guys, but having to deal with these guys being The Patriots just takes the fun out of it. They were so mysterious in MGS2 and even MGS3, but now the mystery's been ruined and the fun along with it. I still feel strongly that in the context of MGS2 (and MGS3 doesn't really invalidate this theory) that The Patriots are supposed to be living information and culture, rather than people, but now I have to take these new "answers" into account instead.
Also, I know I've said this before, but it's pretty pointless trying to think of how this game will tie into the first two games when MG2 has been retconned to hell. Taking out the Soviet Union just ruins the story and so much of what drives it. No Cold War ruins Gustava's storyline, and so I guess now we're supposed to pretend that the entire story is different? Snake's great pleading to Gustava to hang on as she's dying after being shot by Metal Gear piloted by Gray Fox is now gone. I really liked that part in the game and Snake's line, something like "The ice is melting" referring to the Cold War, and also to the fact that she's a figure skater, but now that part can't exist in the new context.
OK, so maybe I'm just nitpicking, but really, that line from Otacon about how the Cold War ended about 25 years before MGS4 just annoyed me a lot. I was hoping that the game would actually take the past games into account, but that was the first sign of what was to come. And Rising just continues this, with the same references to the Cold War ending in the early 90's like in real life, and screwing everything up even more by referring to 9/11, which clearly never happened in the Metal Gear timeline.
Thank you for reading my geeky Metal Gear fanboi rant.
02-23-2014, 09:32 PM
They mention 9/11 in Rising?

Christ that's fucking retarded.
02-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Repeatedly. One of the enemies talks about how after they're done with whatever they're doing, it'll be "Just like after nine eleven." After the fight with him, Raiden and some support guy on the codec talk about 9/11 some more and how they can't let that happen again blah blah whatever. I just lost all hope for the game at that point.
02-24-2014, 01:34 AM
back to the theory at hand...

I wonder if Para Medic isn't some kind of immoral bitch and we'll get to see a whole new side of her in the next game.
02-24-2014, 04:46 AM
(02-23-2014 10:20 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Repeatedly. One of the enemies talks about how after they're done with whatever they're doing, it'll be "Just like after nine eleven." After the fight with him, Raiden and some support guy on the codec talk about 9/11 some more and how they can't let that happen again blah blah whatever. I just lost all hope for the game at that point.

"How do we up the ante? Reference 9/11 that's how!". 2001 was what 17 years before the events of Rising or some shit? The very fact it's never been mentioned before in the "Solid" series possibly should have been enough reason for them to consider that shit non canon.

Could have mentioned the events of 4/30...
[Image: Arsenal_Gear_crash.jpg]
But nah I'm sure nobody remembers that...because Patriots...and nano-machines...and hookers.

(02-24-2014 01:34 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  back to the theory at hand...

I wonder if Para Medic isn't some kind of immoral bitch and we'll get to see a whole new side of her in the next game.

I would hope so to be honest. Besides Big Boss himself where (at least as I have always seen it) MGS3's finale planted the seeds of evil in him I've always struggled to see it possible any of the cast members of Snake Eater could turn into the royal douchebags they're supposed to have become.
02-24-2014, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 07:35 AM by Gentapo.)
(02-24-2014 04:46 AM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  Could have mentioned the events of 4/30...
But nah I'm sure nobody remembers that...because Patriots...and nano-machines...and hookers.

Colonel briefly mentions it in Act 1's briefing.

I'm just dillydallying
02-24-2014, 09:03 AM
(02-22-2014 11:22 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  .... The stupidity of most of those comments saddens me.

That's reddit for ya.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-24-2014, 05:04 PM
(02-24-2014 04:46 AM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  
(02-23-2014 10:20 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Repeatedly. One of the enemies talks about how after they're done with whatever they're doing, it'll be "Just like after nine eleven." After the fight with him, Raiden and some support guy on the codec talk about 9/11 some more and how they can't let that happen again blah blah whatever. I just lost all hope for the game at that point.

"How do we up the ante? Reference 9/11 that's how!". 2001 was what 17 years before the events of Rising or some shit? The very fact it's never been mentioned before in the "Solid" series possibly should have been enough reason for them to consider that shit non canon.

Could have mentioned the events of 4/30...

That's just what I said back when I was playing it and making my sarcastic review of it. April 30, 2009 could pretty much be the same sort of event. This is what I'm talking about. There's no point in trying to use the past games to speculate on MGSV because the series has totally gone to hell as far as it's continuity is concerned. The games no longer consider what's actually come before and can just make up whatever the hell they want. Ravi wanted the canon freed, and it has been, just not in any way he or any of us here wanted.
02-24-2014, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 06:08 PM by THEND.)
If BB is becoming a "demon" maybe the rest of the cast will too.

It probably won't happen but, it'd be a nice change for once if every character, player character included, was on the wrong side of morality for once.

Since this will most likely be the final canon related metal gear outside a future Rising title or that highly unlikely WW2 game starring, The Boss, it'd be pretty neat to just be bad this time and not have any concessions about it. Of course Miller will give some justification but after that, "kill the locals, steal minerals, put the weak to work, and start building"
EDIT:
It would be the complete opposite of MGS4's overall message of being on your own side separate from that of the rebels and the PMC's hired by the government. These fights will have relevance to BB's group and require that you take a side since whoever's on the other side dies. It'd be nice to see Kojima take the series in a darker route...of course juxtapose it with a message maybe on "reality" or something along those lines. We'll see I guess.
02-26-2014, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 02:56 PM by Mexican Sting.)
I'm still wondering about Kaz' role in all this fuckery. There has to be a point where he's disgusted enough with Big Boss that he leaves, given his role opposite him in MG2, even though it seems like, from the trailers, he's the one out for blood.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
02-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Is this even the same guy? Why is his name different? Don't even bother trying to tie these games together anymore, it's pointless.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)